What's new

PAF JF-17 in Farnborough Air Show 2010

make sure you check the weather before you leave

It is expected to "Shower" on 24th of July

Daily London Weather Forecasts - weather.co.uk

and "Scattered Showers" on 25th of July

Daily London Weather Forecasts - weather.co.uk

Its the British Weather. It could change in 30 minutes. The past few days it has been cloudy with a slight drizzle in the mornings. But they seem to clear out by the time the planes come out to play.

My strategy is to check the weather on Friday or Saturday morning and go if the weather is fine between 12 and 6. If not, will be going on Sunday.

BBC Weather | GU14

Requesting all members who are going for the airshow, to collect as much information on JF-17 from there. Any leaflets, brochure or from the authority.. Especially on the avionics, radar, arms to be used, communication [don't forget to ask about the antenna] etc.. This is the best event to collect the right information..
Knowing the marketing competency of folks in Pakistan, you're going to be much better off lurking on PakDef and following Western media.

More.....

10huhdv.jpg

34xj96r.jpg

33e7cwp.jpg

Knowing the marketing competency of folks in Pakistan, you're going to be much better off lurking on PakDef and following Western media.

I'm looking forward much about the weaponry offering by the China & Pakistan to the third party customers. There is not much information available on that part. Thought, in Farnborogh they will reveal this as its a marketing campaign. Expecting some new toys.

I am not going to be on show but o think it will be a good idea if all the pak defence member where green or red shirt, so in that way people can introduce each other please let me know ur thoughts. Thanks

I'm looking forward much about the weaponry offering by the China & Pakistan to the third party customers. There is not much information available on that part. Thought, in Farnborogh they will reveal this as its a marketing campaign. Expecting some new toys.
To date I haven't seen Pakistani officials reveal much at public displays, they usually confer this information to upper-level media persons from Janes, AFM, etc. Hence you'll probably get more info from them than the brochures or pamphlets (just see the PAC site for example).

As for direction, the JF-17 will be equipped with an HMD/S and 5th-gen HOBS WVRAAM (potentially A-Darter and/or MICA-IR). In PAF's short info-doc of JF-17, they showed a system that looked quite similar to Denel's Archer (link). In addition, it will also have IRST and be equipped to use stand-off glide (H-2/H-4) and general (similar to JDAM) precision guided munitions. As I said, relative to its role as an expendable and reasonably priced mainstay fighter, it packs quite a bit.

Reading the Chinese Defence Forum and the members there were so impressed by the picture of Pakistan JF-17 that suggestion was made to assign the paint job to Pakistan for all Chinese fighters.

I don't know why but Thunders in Farnborough are looking super cool as if its a completely new air craft, Great Going
Absolutely Stunning Pictures
:) :pakistan:

Beautiful bird and now the world can know JF-17 is for real!

I don't know why but Thunders in Farnborough are looking super cool as if its a completely new air craft, Great Going
Absolutely Stunning Pictures
:) :pakistan:

It has started to look more mature as a platform as compared to what it was back then.

Back
Top Bottom