What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Thanks for correcting me. It seems that DSI was always on the cards.

You are right. CAC might have DSI intake as one of the original design of J-10 all along. I read an article of J-10 development history mention that CAC re-designed the J-10 to fit the the AL-31 engine due to Chinese engine development couldn't catch up with the J-10 program at the time.

And because of the engine change and change of air intake resulting in adding 6 extra reinforcing ribs due to insufficient strength to the connection part of the intake with the body of the original J-10A. The intake of the J-10A was joke of the town in the past by Chinese military enthusiasts because of how bad it look and J-10A got a bad nick name for it. There were also model of J-10 with the F-16 intake as one of the J-10 concept design as well.

1648328212295.png

What is the role of chip in aircraft? Will it effects its performance with respect to radar and tracking and directing weapon?

Miniaturisation is very important in a fighter jet. There are a lot of computers and then there are 3-4 backup computers for everything, if 1 fails or gets damaged, the aircraft switches to the backup one. If one fails a logic test, the aircraft varifies with backup computers about various flight parimeters. There are complex software codes in use which constantly check information/data available. If something seems off, it is verified using backup systems. For example the altitude or throttle position is suddenly changed to 0. The aircraft has to then quickly process if this has really happenned or its just a failed sensor/ circuit. Hence processing power does matter. It can also effect speed of your aircraft's radar etc. How quickly an aircraft offers lock of an aircraft at front? Micro seconds difference also counts. But most importantly theres issue of size. If due to lack of miniaturisation, the aircraft is larger in size. You burn more fuel, you may have to use 2 engines instead of 1, double maintainance costs, double everything, double RCS. The smaller and faster & reliable chip in an aircraft the better it would be in a number of ways because everything is related in an aircraft.

Every aircraft has several of these:

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
We should be glad that J-10 acquisition didnt start rumors of kick backs unlike Rafale across the border.

The purposes of the sales are different. The French are all about making money off India while for China the security concern exceeds money making. Every J-10C exported to Pakistan is one less 4th generation fighter China needs to deploy in the Western Theater Command.

I have a question from the learned members here.. what kind of functionalities/capabilities are dependent on the chip speed in current 4th/5th generation aircrafts? I think in current 4th/5th generation aircrafts high end datalink is more important than the high end chip? Can anyone elaborate on the topic? Thanks
"high end" data links will not eliminate latency and so off board compute resources is not really an option for sensor fusion, signal processing, radar or the mission computer. But Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS) can fuse data from all nodes, sensors and IoTs in the cloud and leverage AI to improve battlefield effectiveness within line of sight. Here the AESA radar is really useful on the fighter and is used to transmit data at high speeds, first generation APG-79 could transmit 128 mbps 15 years ago, today it's much faster.

To answer your question both (chip and data link) are equally important.

Last edited:
Don't you worry it's french way of sweetening the deal! We got our fare share with their deals in the past 😜

Hi,

Kickbacks are a part of defense deals. Kick backs MUST NEVER STOP a capable weapon deal.

A capable weapon on which kick backs are paid kills the enemy with the same intensity as the NON kick back weapon.

The F16 deal that we got the original sanctions on had $140 million kick back to Benazir Bhutto.

The Bofors 155 mm howitzers had kickbacks to Gandhi---. But did they perform well after 15 years of service---.

Last edited:
I dont worry the J10C can or can not take out Rafale.I worry about the capacity of air to ground attack with J10C...
China is a big country without war vs other country in the past decades.
the weapon engineers and designers in China ,just like a virgin boy,just like giant panda in animal world. they can design a good defence fighter like J10C just to fight with enemy fighter ,but as to attack the military target on the ground or on the sea surface agressively.....it just like to ask a monk to kill animal

the western style is absolute agressive so is the Rafale.yet chinese style is not agressive

so IAF can use Rafale to sneak attack the J10C when J10C are on the ground.
so the whole story could have nothing to do with AESA,SD10,PL10,PL15

Last edited:
I have a question from the learned members here.. what kind of functionalities/capabilities are dependent on the chip speed in current 4th/5th generation aircrafts? I think in current 4th/5th generation aircrafts high end datalink is more important than the high end chip? Can anyone elaborate on the topic? Thanks
"high end" data links will not eliminate latency and so off board compute resources is not really an option for sensor fusion, signal processing, radar or the mission computer. But Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS) can fuse data from all nodes, sensors and IoTs in the cloud and leverage AI to improve battlefield effectiveness within line of sight. Here the AESA radar is really useful on the fighter and is used to transmit data at high speeds, first generation APG-79 could transmit 128 mbps 15 years ago, today it's much faster.

To answer your question both (chip and data link) are equally important.
Do Radars(aircraft) talk to other radars (aircrafts) or do radars (aircrafts) need a data link to talk (send information) to other aircrafts ?

Back
Top Bottom