What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

So you don't advocate for war but earlier you call for it for others.

I simply pointed out how you desire others to show their hand and prove themselves and also suffer the always negative consequences of war (even for victors there are negatives).

Sir you are wasting your time on a keyboardman.
That guy talked of war too easily, and thanks to God our countries are not run by these fools.

On that I agree other wise you would have ordered 36 Rafale more by now in fact even on first time you would have ordered around 72. Still I think in the end Rafale would be 100 in number in IAF.
hope not . Too expensive. The french are rich enough.
Just involve our private sector and kick HAL to the kerb. These guys will work their employees to the bone and collaborate with international companies where required. But in 2 years they will start churning out pretty ok mark 2s.
In India its impossible to make the public sector employees to work. They think they are doing everyone a favor by coming to office.

Which ones ?

1645008482475.png

no details of the deal out yet ?
Pakistan airforce is very lucky that way. In India each and every bolts price would be discussed in 20 different committees for years and after procurement the CAG would take out the obligatory criticism of the purchase.
That's the proper way to do it. However, India's problem is a bureaucratic creep. Defence acquisitions in India are processed through a [unnecessarily] large and multilayered structure. There is too much room for bureaucracies involved in the defence acquisitions to exercise undue politics and pursue parochial interests, particularly to extract kickbacks, at different levels of the structure, which then slows down the acquisition process. The process drags until almost everyone is satisfied. This may be one of the reasons that dragged the MMRCA competition for slightly less than two decades, caused controversy on Rafale's acquisition as well as with Bofors, BAE Haws, etc.

This is not to say Pakistan does not suffer from this but it has fewer layers because of the obvious structure of the state and with the military being the dominant arbiter in defence decision-making such defence acquisitions go through quickly.

From what it appears, Modi tried to compensate for the slow creep by creating new structures but instead ended up complicating it. The seat of CDS turned out to be controversial. It did not help matters. Seeing that the seat is still empty after the death of Rawat gives an impression there is a lack of acceptance in the tri-services and the new structure is inherently weak. Moreover, the entire restructuring ended up being more political than operational.

I doubt that... Transit flight without drop tanks.???

Indeed, allegedly the first two Pakistani Dragons 🐉 have landed however since they required additional fuel tanks for their journey this image is most likely still showing them at CAC Chengdu.

(Image via @Fighterman_FFRC)
Did the C always have a IRST?
Either way, it is the culmination of a process started in 2004-6 when the first PAF team started looking at the J-10A.

Back
Top Bottom