What's new

PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage Vs over the coming months

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage Vs over the coming months. It’s a deal that has been under negotiation for a couple of years now. But has now been sealed. The bulk will be used to support current fleet but we could see some becoming operational too.

I wonder if their are chances of getting Mirage 2000s too. Recently there were some rumors about possible purchase of Mirage 2000 from Qatar I believe. Allan Warns is hinting about some becoming operational, I hope those would be Mirage 2000. :p:

The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage Vs over the coming months. It’s a deal that has been under negotiation for a couple of years now. But has now been sealed. The bulk will be used to support current fleet but we could see some becoming operational too.

Seems like mirages are our only choice as a strike option.

Pakistan has never been close to Egypt govt. but only for a short while, when Musharraf was president.
@The SC Any facilitation by Saudis in this deal?

PAF needs air superiority/interceptors, guys buy some interceptors or upgrade the jf-17 radar.

Pakistanis are kings of mirage
Who knows how many mirages and value of deal?

You mean for spare parts?
Yes old air frames will be used as spares while new air frames will be inducted ,we should not underestimate these Egyptian mirages they have been upgraded and are somewhat better than the ones we already operate !

Pakistanis are kings of mirage
Who knows how many mirages and value of deal?
Not sure about the price maybe 8-15mn USD per aircraft,
PAF is looking for 4-5 squadrons ~

I wonder if their are chances of getting Mirage 2000s too. Recently there were some rumors about possible purchase of Mirage 2000 from Qatar I believe. Allan Warns is hinting about some becoming operational, I hope those would be Mirage 2000. :p:
Nop we won't go for Mirage 2000s,really expensive even when second hand and Qatar is using them not for sale !

why ?... why was cash on such short term goal ? is there a threat of war over the horizon ?
Bro we have to maintain a 180 mirage fleet how will this fleet survive without spares ?
These jets are dirt cheap and are somewhat better than our mirages still we would further upgrade them at PAC.

Pakistan has never been close to Egypt govt. but only for a short while, when Musharraf was president.
@The SC Any facilitation by Saudis in this deal?
Well, first, these are new and quite different governments in both Egypt and Pakistan.. maybe the relationship has gone a bit more public than before, because there is evidence that there were always close relations but a bit more confidential..And for your other question about if KSA might have played a role in this.. the answer is a definite yes, since it has always played a rapprochement role between Muslim countries..

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom