What's new

India's Air Force Modernization Worries Rival Pakistan

Information is available all over the forum. Make an effort and you might reconsider getting your head out of your arse. I have seen your kind here before first you people brag about superiority when left speechless you either opt for trolling or start bragging about Super MKI and Rafale which you people don't even have in your inventory. You are one of those desperate indians in Endless Pursuit of Happiness.
--
read whom i replied
that Super understad crap only what i should do about it .
many explained him DSI stuff still he ranting..
--
waht you call on his claim that jf17 better than rafael
-
getting TOT is long process .....
--
yes i am one of those indian who want my nation to be world class...
and its endless pursuit as we are 121 bil who need to be world class ...
and im proud of that ...
we go in future rather in dark ages like few

--
read whom i replied
that Super understad crap only what i should do about it .
many explained him DSI stuff still he ranting..
--
waht you call on his claim that jf17 better than rafael
-
getting TOT is long process .....
--
yes i am one of those indian who want my nation to be world class...
and its endless pursuit as we are 121 bil who need to be world class ...
and im proud of that ...
we go in future rather in dark ages like few

Cheering for india. Have fun.

--
shall i get answers for my questions ?
i accepet we boost about MKI and rafael so you for jf17 and f16

JF thunder is an LCA so you cant compare it with MKI or Rafael. It is purely designed for defense and dog fights. F16 Block 52+ and F16 MLU have both got almost similar capabilities and is an offensive weapon.

If you want comparison go through this as this topic has been discussed to death.
Pakistan's New F-16 Block 52 vs SU 30 MKI.

--
its money and relationship... and clout in world
even if you have money do you think ..USA will sell its best weapons NOW to pak?
Russian may sell some but not there prime hardware ,wil they?
except china .. any other major country to sell top notch hardware..

you was asking same nuclear deal agreemtnt like india with USA , what happened ?
i think china provided , right..
so its not only about money

--
we already named after them ..
PAK .. FA..

i think we dont require top notch equipment ..since we arent in list of some sort of regional power nor we have some hegemonic designs for other countries.. all we need is strong defense of the country which can be fulfill by the hardware which is available for everyone around the world and china is best source for Pakistan... with money we can invest in Chinese military projects and we can buy from any country who provides good hardware..

*No Rafales currently don't expect initial delivery before years after deal is signed.
*Mirage 2000 upgrades not yet decided or started maybe from next year and if modernization takes place complete delivery number by number would be completed in atleast 4 Years by 2017-2019
*LCA I in limited Number in next 3-5 years 40ish would be inducted.
*SU-30 are around 180 in number currently rest are in slow production, important assets most likely are kept against China they can't use it extensively against Pakistan.
*Mig-29 navy/air force variants some 4 squadrons in total rest could be delivered in 2-3 years.
*Mig-27 is obsolete can't stand even Mirage III/V
*Jaguars are getting older the last atleast 54 [3 squadrons] and in fine shape.
*Harriers obsolete
*Trouble basic and intermediate indigenous Trainer are cancelled/shelved.

In Actual it is hindustan that is worried about rapid massive modernization of Chinese Air Force/ Navy Air Arm at a pace unimaginable by IAF. The writer/author should focus and write about indian worries regarding PLAAF/PLANF

@Windjammer

Last edited:
*No Rafales currently don't expect initial delivery before years after deal is signed.
*Mirage 2000 upgrades not yet decided or started maybe from next year and if modernization takes place complete delivery number by number would be completed in atleast 4 Years by 2017-2019
*SU-30 are around 180 in number currently rest are in slow production, important assets most likely are kept against China they can't use it extensively against Pakistan.
*Mig-29 navy/air force variants some 4 squadrons in total rest could be delivered in 2-3 years.
*Harriers obsolete

In Actual it is hindustan that is worried about rapid massive modernization at a pace unimaginable by IAF. The writer/author should focus and write about indian worries regarding PLAAF/PLANF

@Windjammer
- MMRCA clause give you delivery timing for 1st Sqd. N might me a surprise in final contract on off-shelf deliveries.
- MKIs are over 200 as of now. By 2018 all 270 will be in. Current production rate is 12-14. So you can calculate exact number.

IAF has multiple enemies to guard against, we have only one.

Let's rephrase that, Pakistan will be ready to use its air force only against India. Rest of the world bombing Pakistan; are allies.

*Harriers obsolete

In Actual it is hindustan that is worried about rapid massive modernization of Chiense Air Force/ Navy Air Arm at a pace unimaginable by IAF. The writer/author should focus and write about indian worries regarding PLAAF/PLANF

@Windjammer

The author is delusional. The upgrades and purchases are happening to reach authorised squadron strength, so that there is a deterrent against the PLAAF.

Last edited:
- MMRCA clause give you delivery timing for 1st Sqd. N might me a surprise in final contract on off-shelf deliveries.
- MKIs are over 200 as of now. By 2018 all 270 will be in. Current production rate is 12-14. So you can calculate exact number.

It's not possible to bring reason in such threads, Pakistani will downplay the numbers or capabilities of IAF, while Indians will brag about them, which both is only half the truth.
PAF has got credible improvements by upgrading/adding it's F16 fleets with basic 4th gen capabilities, while adding JF 17s, with even better weapon and tech capabilities, but most importantly have added strategic assets like AWACS, mid air refuellers and cruise / stand off missile strike capabilities. In these last 3 areas, PAF is superior to IAF, they can provide better AWACS coverage to their fighters, because of higher numbers of AWACS that basically needs to cover only 1 borderline. They need to refuel only less fighters in a smaller area (compared to what 6 tankers all over India must do) and can strike deep without even entering Indian airspace today.

For IAF the technical upgrade of Mirage 2000 (@Luftwaffe already fixed, the first 4 are already going through the upgrade in France today), the Mig 29 and the constant addition of MKIs alone will pose a threat to PAF. Even if we take only the arround 110 x M2Ks / Mig 29s and half of the MKI fleet, it would outnumber and outclass (technical capability) PAFs topline fleet by far. If you then see MKI upgrades, MMRCA , LCA and FGFA coming in till the end of the decade, it surely creates worries in PAF too.

*Harriers obsolete

In Actual it is hindustan that is worried about rapid massive modernization of Chiense Air Force/ Navy Air Arm at a pace unimaginable by IAF. The writer/author should focus and write about indian worries regarding PLAAF/PLANF

@Windjammer

Nothing more than chest thumping by the wishful thinking author, one can never be precise about any time frames or acquirements, the writer just needs to look at the original induction date for the LCA, the time it took to refurbish the Indian aircraft carrier and the debacle of finalising the Rafale deal.....Pakistan OTOH has already upgraded it's Mirage fleet to ROSE-3 standard, has already replaced the A-5s and older F-7s with both JF-17s and F-16s and is in process of replacing some older Mirages. Apart from acquiring new Block-52s, the upgradation of older F-16s is also going smoothly. Unlike the IAF, PAF's squadron strength has increased, last i saw, it were Indians sounding worried about modernisation of the PAF.

It's not possible to bring reason in such threads, Pakistani will downplay the numbers or capabilities of IAF, while Indians will brag about them, which both is only half the truth.
PAF has got credible improvements by upgrading/adding it's F16 fleets with basic 4th gen capabilities, while adding JF 17s, with even better weapon and tech capabilities, but most importantly have added strategic assets like AWACS, mid air refuellers and cruise / stand off missile strike capabilities. In these last 3 areas, PAF is superior to IAF, they can provide better AWACS coverage to their fighters, because of higher numbers of AWACS that basically needs to cover only 1 borderline. They need to refuel only less fighters in a smaller area (compared to what 6 tankers all over India must do) and can strike deep without even entering Indian airspace today.

For IAF the technical upgrade of Mirage 2000 (@Luftwaffe already fixed, the first 4 are already going through the upgrade in France today), the Mig 29 and the constant addition of MKIs alone will pose a threat to PAF. Even if we take only the arround 110 x M2Ks / Mig 29s and half of the MKI fleet, it would outnumber and outclass (technical capability) PAFs topline fleet by far. If you then see MKI upgrades, MMRCA , LCA and FGFA coming in till the end of the decade, it surely creates worries in PAF too.
If i am not wrong PAF AWACS are history. @Oscar how many remaining ???

This is the PAF TODAY
18 Brand New F16/52
45 F16 block a/b going thru MLU
13 x Jordanian F16 needing MLU

Thunder MK1 50 Planes.

The rest of the PAF is obselete

The IAF/Navy Today

200 Su30mki
63 Mig29 SMT upgrade pgramme until 2018
50 Mirage2000 upgrade to dash 5 started running until 2019
45 Mig29k brand new to Navy

The rest of the IAF is obselete.

PAF near future plans

100+ more Thunders mk2
potentially more used F16

IAF future plans

126 Rafale deal to be signed in three months
40 Tejas mk1
72 SU30MKI super MKI

indian acqusitiions will be a MASSIVE upgrade in capability

If i am not wrong PAF AWACS are history.

Nope, only 1 had major damages afaik, which still gives them far more than we have, focused only on the Indo-Pak borderline, while we have 3 x A50 Phalcons operational, to cover western, northern and eastern borderlines.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom