What's new

PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage Vs over the coming months

This was an opportunity not to be missed, 'cause these are good mirages and Pakistan can deal with them easily in maintenance, weapons...etc.. just see it as a nice addition.. as for the strike option.. Pakistan might have much more options, not only the Mirage..although it is a potent fighter..when used with proper tactics these fighter have downed Iranian F-14s during Iran-Iraq war.. they are small and hard to see.. a bit like the JF-17..
But we don't use them in air to air role

at those days f-1 was superior to US f-16s. the reason iraqis couldn't use its potentials was their poor trainings. saddam didn't know the difference between a pilot and tank crew, in one incident three mirages went against two tomcats and according to one of their pilots f1s fired 12 missiles on them, he said they were nervous and in all cases broke the radar lock on us so the missile didn't hit us. just compare it with pakistani pilots that managed to take down indian su-30 with jf-17. iraqi air force was superior compared to ours but they had no proper trainings. f-14 was just an excuse for their poor performance.
Alleged su-30mki kill is attributed to F-16

Can the Mirage V Horus fire the MICA BVR since it has the RDY-400 radar? Did Egypt get them with Mica's?

I think those upgraded to ROSE upgrade that has Nuclear launch abilities.

That's not what I asked. Do you understand what the Mirages actually do?
striking/bombing?? i know that. what i suggest is pakistan has enough planes for that, 100 jf-17, 400 mirages & f-7s f-16s... isn't it enough?? even if they carry 2 cruise missiles it means in a single sortie they will launch 1000 missiles.

when used with proper tactics these fighter have downed Iranian F-14s during Iran-Iraq war.. they are small and hard to see.. a bit like the JF-17..
As far as I'm aware Iraq air force didn't had any mirage III or V .
Maybe you mean Mirage F1 and they did it once when our pilots did not knew the French sold Matra R550 Magic 2 to Iraq that can attack the airplane behind you . otherwise it was detected way before .

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom