What's new

PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage Vs over the coming months

Well, first, these are new and quite different governments in both Egypt and Pakistan.. maybe the relationship has gone a bit more public than before, because there is evidence that there were always close relations but a bit more confidential..And for your other question about if KSA might have played a role in this.. the answer is a definite yes, since it has always played a rapprochement role between Muslim countries..
Was there payment and if so how much?

Don’t underestimate this deal. It is a brilliant deal. It gives us spares and even airframes that can be fully utilized. The Mirages are good fighters. PAF knows them inside out.

Poor decision. Even 10 Brand new J-10C is a better option than maintaining 180 old Mirages 3 and 5

PAF doesn’t want waste too much money here. It is about keeping things simple and cost effective.

Full focus should be 5th gen.

Was there payment and if so how much?

This is what I am most interested in. This must be a sweet deal for PAF.

Seems like mirages are our only choice as a strike option.
This was an opportunity not to be missed, 'cause these are good mirages and Pakistan can deal with them easily in maintenance, weapons...etc.. just see it as a nice addition.. as for the strike option.. Pakistan might have much more options, not only the Mirage..although it is a potent fighter..when used with proper tactics these fighter have downed Iranian F-14s during Iran-Iraq war.. they are small and hard to see.. a bit like the JF-17..

russian jets no chance until India completely choose USA lap
I'm not aware of the variants of the JF-17 but will there ever be a strike variant? I could see it only armed with IR short range missiles, laser designator, and JDAM type bombs, as well as Maverick type missiles.

Loadout like the Mirage V
Armament

In a role similar to this F-16 CAS mission and also in a similar role to the A-10 but not exactly.
1024px-Slovenia_live_close_air_support_150312-A-DO858-002.jpg

I'm not aware of the variants of the JF-17 but will there ever be a strike variant? I could see it only armed with IR short range missiles, laser designator, and JDAM type bombs, as well as Maverick type missiles.

Armament

In a role similar to this F-16 CAS mission and also in a similar role to the A-10 but not exactly.
great idea. I think its much easy to develop striker fighter than a multi role one. PAF should consider JF-17 striker variant seriously

Armament

There is a section called Pakistan air force and a sub-section called JF-17.. just have a look there..plenty of interesting info on the plane..You might find your answer there..

great idea. I think its much easy to develop striker fighter than a multi role one. PAF should consider JF-17 striker variant seriously
It has BVR missiles and stand-off weapons already, and has proven its strike capabilities in the recent showdown with India..

It has BVR missiles and stand-off weapons already, and has proven its strike capabilities in the recent showdown with India..
But strike fighter need to carry more bombs for ground attack where as BVR missiles used for only air fight

Mirage Vs ..why ? :(
My assessment is that

Either: the current high intensity CAP missions have put the spare parts for the Mirage Vs under pressure and they need more spare parts.

Or: After the recent stand-off the PAF has decided that the process for replacing the Mirage Vs is too slow and they need to replenish the fleet in case of another stand-off.

Poor decision. Even 10 Brand new J-10C is a better option than maintaining 180 old Mirages 3 and 5
10 brand new J-10 C will mean only 10 aircraft, while this deal would keep 150 + odd mirages running for quite a while.
Who knows that Saudi might be responsible for this deal as they were the one who funded their upgrades in the first place if i am not wrong??

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom