What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
we will see. Trump does have a chance considering he controls the Supreme Court by virtue of 5-4 majority and any split is gonna go in his favor but if Democrats manage to select a good candidate trump is done for
there isnt one...as i said too many radicales..
senate is theirs too ...democrats are too much divided on issues and if lobbying done pakistan can get it bills passed..(which was lacking before)

Lets get real. Are you really saying Pakistan is just providing a conference room and a plan?

Whatever plan you can think of others can do better and I think Gulf countries would provide much better amenities.

If Pakistan wasn't there for Taliban through thick and thin, they would have long since vanished in dusts of history and for that they are grateful and you have substantial capital with them. Something none of the other countries have as India, Russia and Iran all had ties to their opposing parties like Northern Alliance. Sure we work with them but they don't trust us one bit.

Just be happy and enjoy it!

You have been working with them but they don't trust you, is the key to bring a working plan in this regard. You are proving Doval a liar who himself is on record that such people only works for money. You read it wrong that Pakistan is just providing a conference room and a plan.... I said, an atmosphere for the talks with plan which is beneficial for all the involved parties.

Not just us been there through Taliban's thin & thin but in-fact, whatever they are using today & the way they were supported; it wasn't possible without US. Do not ignore that Taliban used to visit Washington once and had good times. They were once the blue eyed boys for US and Good People.

It is all about playing the strategic games with right moves, on the right time and with greater cause for the yourself, the people around you and everyone else. Like a win win strategy which Delhi failed to offer and that is the conclusion. You can discuss peace talks the way you think but for India, the train has left. The deals will come in and so the goodies, as long as everything went as per plan.

Be it Block-70 or 72 upgrade or some other stuff, the dealing is always depending upon either the money or some working plan as beneficial for both parties. Even US State Department mentioned that FMS support for Pakistan's F-16 wouldn't imbalance the regional power. That was witnessed on 27th Feb hence, they will never want it to be imbalanced. I had to copy half from OScar and that is how it is viewed in fact.

Not anymore, the US wants China out of the game and it is not focusing on getting us in their camp so we become less inclined to partake in any sides during a potential future conflict.

You never know. What if US makes you an offer you can't refuse? Not like it hasn't happened before, even the commando bowed his head.

One can laugh at and belittle US but the fact remains it carries the biggest stick and the tastiest of all carrots. No one comes close enough.

Might of US when it gets its act together is terrifying, Even today Modi has to tuck his tails and say Yes if the US President calls him at 3 AM tells him that he is either with us or against us. I am not ashamed to admit this. We can't deal with US fleets at our shores and an comprehensive economic blockade like that of Iran and NK and nor do we want to. We are too comfortable with our way of life to be risking it all.

Thats the burden of being weak in this world.

So much day dreaming here on this thread. Can someone please confirm how did this come about that we are getting latest F-16s?

Any and all sales are possible, as long as they serve US national interests. If Pakistan can deliver according to the understandings reached, of course it will get the goodies in return.

Ahem! Pakistan did deliver at the end of fist Afghan war. In return it got sanctioned. So dont rely too much on Americans. But this time geopolitics in the region is different. With Russia getting closer and China already a deep strategic partner, Pakistan will be too important a country to lose. Especially after end of a long American engagement in Afghanistan, American would not want to waste all that effort.

Even if it is not for humanitarian reasons but cold realpolitik, Peace in Afghanistan benefits everyone.

One may not know this but even India has working relationship with Taliban and we do a lot of transactions with them with regards to safe passage for our convoys. A peaceful Afghanistan is good for business and would cut down on opium trade as well which is more of a menace to India than jihadis

Check again. Thanks
Good point, I think this is the only chance we're gonna have in a long time to achieve some sort of peace in Afghanistan. I doubt the government in Kabul wants to negotiate, they don't want to give up power, who would really. Anyways, if this fails we might as well build a wall on our border.

You have been working with them but they don't trust you, is the key to bring a working plan in this regard. You are proving Doval a liar who himself is on record that such people only works for money. You read it wrong that Pakistan is just providing a conference room and a plan.... I said, an atmosphere for the talks with plan which is beneficial for all the involved parties.

Not just us been there through Taliban's thin & thin but in-fact, whatever they are using today & the way they were supported; it wasn't possible without US. Do not ignore that Taliban used to visit Washington once and had good times. They were once the blue eyed boys for US and Good People.

It is all about playing the strategic games with right moves, on the right time and with greater cause for the yourself, the people around you and everyone else. Like a win win strategy which Delhi failed to offer and that is the conclusion. You can discuss peace talks the way you think but for India, the train has left. The deals will come in and so the goodies, as long as everything went as per plan.

Be it Block-70 or 72 upgrade or some other stuff, the dealing is always depending upon either the money or some working plan as beneficial for both parties. Even US State Department mentioned that FMS support for Pakistan's F-16 wouldn't imbalance the regional power. That was witnessed on 27th Feb hence, they will never want it to be imbalanced. I had to copy half from OScar and that is how it is viewed in fact.

First of all Ajit Doval is a man who over reaches himself. You Pakistanis give him too much credit, he will retire soon and fade away just like any other cog in the machine.

Rest of your post i agree with

Pakistan did deliver at the end of fist Afghan war. In return it got sanctioned. So dont rely too much on Americans. But this time geopolitics in the region is different. With Russia getting closer and China already a deep strategic partner, Pakistan will be too important a country to lose.

That is the difference between transactional and strategic relationships, that is all. It is up to Pakistan to make the most of its transactional relationship with USA while betting its future to a strategic relationship with an ever-rising China. After all, how much longer can it be till China builds something better than an F-35 (or even -22)?

Mr "call lockheed to ask" himself :lol:

I worked certain defense projects in aerospace sector, I have met people in the know....and people can simply see for themselves if any such F-16 acquisition is announced. Simple. You have got them all excited for some forum echo chamber drama yet again....as you put it "voices in the head" (but your case lol).

BTW you were quite fairly banned. I know you are seriously smarting from no action taken against Iran after braying for it endlessly.
mocking another member ...I thought we dont shoot msgrs? I believe you have reported some members for shooting the msgr attitudes?!

BTW you were quite fairly banned. I know you are seriously smarting from no action taken against Iran after braying for it endlessly.
off topic not needed...why you falling so low for a low punch?

First of all Ajit Doval is a man who over reaches himself. You Pakistanis give him too much credit, he will retire soon and fade away just like any other cog in the machine.

This is not about the credit but the man himself is the producer & handler of people like Kalbhushan and also, spy chief of India being widely regarded by every Indian in grudge & hate of Pakistan. As per our view, an adversary is not credited rather kept under Radar for everything he says or does. The man who designed Modi's career and a failed design of Indian superiority in the region. Just that he has been on record in regard to Taliban which does not fit your opinion, does not mean to downplay him.

Regards,

We'll have to wait and see.

Rationally speaking, for the PAF, the F-16 Block-72 is the most plausible outcome as an interim until Project Azm.

It's the same airframe, engine, etc. as the Block-52, but with an AESA radar and new avionics. So for the most part, the Block-72 would re-use the PAF's existing logistics/maintenance infrastructure.

Moreover, thanks to Bahrain, Morocco, Slovakia, etc, the F-16 will also remain in production for a while, so the PAF has some time to decide (or to put it more accurately, come up with the money).

For around $5 bn you can probably get 18 new Block-72s plus 60-76 update kits for the existing F-16 fleet; build out a fleet of nearly 100 AESA radar-equipped F-16s.

However, that's a colossal ask, we are talking about giving national funds over to the US; so unless there's aid or subsidies, it's a tough ask. Remember, the PAF and PA both walked away from their Vipers over the suspension of CSF/FMF. On the other hand, if the US extends an EXIM loan, that might change things.

Its look like SU-30mki pilots seat.. :lol:
No that one would be red not black.
A
So that would bring the upgrade of each Block 52 to Block 72 around $41 Million...

PAF has 18 Block 52's in its inventory, so they'd cost...$745 Million (give or take).

So what kind of upgrade can we get for a mere $125 Million...?
This is not related to what you think. This is maintenance of end user agreement. So persistent
I think it would be good for Pak if we can use this to our advantage and be the main influencer in Afghanistan. Add to this the US assistance, and peace in this region would also help; but I think the Afghan govt would create hurdles for both the US and Pak. Interesting to see what happens.
Would they if they were included in the arrangement. Pak has to impress on the Talibans to have a stable government till the elections occur in Afghanistan. The elections will probably give the Talibans the result they seek whoch is why this might work. It is a more patient route and thereal issue is not having an entity to discuss the finer points of governmental setup with.
A

U guys not getting the point Americans believe current Pak Govt is best bet for them to secure whole region Pak and Afghanistan. Deal will happen Taliban can't fight another 18 yrs along US too all Americans wants bases nothing more which I believe they will get eventually from Talibs. Because any new Govt in Afghanistan needs money and foreign support and without US help it's not possible.
And with the presence of US bases and US support there would be no chance for Taliban to comeback in power unless US acknowledges Taliban as being legitimate Govt. Of Afghansitan. And suppose even if it happens then questions would arise then what was the US agenda of starting this war in its first place?? So US would never acknowledge or support Afghan Taliban control or their Govt in Afghanistan. And the 1st and foremost condition of Afghan Taliban to be on discussion table is complete withdrawal of NATO forces if it's not accepted there would be no peace treaty or truce from Taliban side. If US accepts this condition then its bye bye for ever for US, NATO allies influence from the region specifically Afghanistan and the vacuum of power on comprehensive US withdrawal would be filled with another civil war and Taliban are still the most powerful group to again claim the throne. The only possible thing US can obtain from Pakistan is a temporary truce at the condition of swift and comprehensive NATO withdrawal with Pakistan overlooking the matters afterwards on behalf of US. Safe US troops exit without significant casualties of their soldiers and perhaps establishment of diplomatic relations with new Afghan setup which will be most probably Afghan Taliban controlled.
Other than that Afghans are native residents there and they may fight for ever in this endless war until the opressor, the invader draws down completely or get annihilated but NATO/US can't do it and would never wish to do it.

The current setup of indian fed and trained ANA, NDS, is unacceptable to both Pakistan and the Afghan Taliban. And they are the two stakeholders of this region who are to be here for ever not the US or NATO as its Afghanistan, its our neighborhood our backyard. Hey trump It's not Mexico.

Last edited:
We'll have to wait and see.

Rationally speaking, for the PAF, the F-16 Block-72 is the most plausible outcome as an interim until Project Azm.

It's the same airframe, engine, etc. as the Block-52, but with an AESA radar and new avionics. So for the most part, the Block-72 would re-use the PAF's existing logistics/maintenance infrastructure.

Moreover, thanks to Bahrain, Morocco, Slovakia, etc, the F-16 will also remain in production for a while, so the PAF has some time to decide (or to put it more accurately, come up with the money).

For around $5 bn you can probably get 18 new Block-72s plus 60-76 update kits for the existing F-16 fleet; build out a fleet of nearly 100 AESA radar-equipped F-16s.

However, that's a colossal ask, we are talking about giving national funds over to the US; so unless there's aid or subsidies, it's a tough ask. Remember, the PAF and PA both walked away from their Vipers over the suspension of CSF/FMF. On the other hand, if the US extends an EXIM loan, that might change things.

Allow me to say that don't you think US wouldn't imbalance the number of AESA equipped Vipers of PAF as compare to like 36 Rafales for IAF in start? Beside the economic constraint, if the deal sees the light of day, the number game will also be kept in view for PAF v/s IAF, as per US policy.

However, there is possibility of an AESA upgrade for PAF or new Airframes, except for the numbers to say for the time being, because we are already going to have AESA in form of JF-17 Block-III. The US could have considered the PAF request as per this development along side the Rafale making it to India.

Just wanted to ask for further opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom