What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's all show for the US, Afghan govt doesn't seem to be interested in giving up power. I could be wrong...
You cannot give what you dont have. What Ashraf Ghani wants more than anyrhing is legitimacy within the Taliban setup. The agreement might give him that in exchange for elections in 12-18 months after formation of a national coalition Govtt. This remains my point of view.
A

1)PAF will be getting 18~24 NEW Blk70 or 72's for now.

2)The current fleet will be upgraded to "V" specs. All of them.
Depending on the condition of the air-frame, some or all, will go through SLEP to 12k hrs.

final_airtoairloadout_steveotte_lowreswithchute.jpg.pc-adaptive.1920.medium.jpeg

This Breaking News, is a gift for all those people who stood by me, when I was unfairly banned. Thank You!
Jiya Bhutto.... I meant Khafee....

Current Afghan National Army and NDS fed, trained, brainwashed by India is not acceptable to Pakistan. And their armed force can't hold on its own against anyone either Pakistan or Taliban. So the most probably solution of this issue would be to have an open heart surgery of Afghan National Army and NDS, and let the Taliban take favorable position through electoral system and replace the current Govt. Only then this setup can sustain in Afghanistan. And US may withdraw safely and become friends with majority elected Afghan Taliban Govt in future.
But you know, democracy really sucks in this region. God knows better

Maybe not a bad idea. If Pak provides services, let them pay in hard cash. Then we can use that cash to buy whatever we want. But problem is PAF only wants F-16s above all else, even the J-20 I suspect.

It is understandable they have 40 years of experiemce with it. Paf even developed air formations and tactics based on that platform soley which no other nation knows about.

Yet 45 years is a good enough time for 1 aircraft model. I hope they make a transition to something better than f16 block 70 soon.

Jiya Bhutto.... I meant Khafee....
Yup! bhuto abi b zinda he :cheesy:

Maybe not a bad idea. If Pak provides services, let them pay in hard cash. Then we can use that cash to buy whatever we want. But problem is PAF only wants F-16s above all else, even the J-20 I suspect.
Because as I said earlier our Generals, Air Marshals etc love the cute white a** of US. And both of their eyes are stuck in there and they are nor able neither willing to look anywhere else for weapon systems procurement unless compelled by their own loved one miss US herself through sanctions and embargo from her :hitwall:
As soon as she smiles towards them, they again pounce at one at her sweet little cute a$$:victory:
What a tragedy for Pakistan. :(

OK so potential-ism thread, got it. Like I said, everyone can just wait and see themselves. I didn't read thru the whole thread, just where someone tagged me and then i looked at the first page and flicked through is all. Everyone is free to carry on. Yes my judgement on the forum quality is my personal one....anyone can agree or disagree.
the story is confirmed now re upgrade of PAF F-16 fleet and announced by the USA

so he is not talking out of the blue

I dont know what promises India made, Unlike Pakistan which has guaranteed a settlement. May be you can point out a relevant news report where GoI has made a commitment to either US or someone else regarding peace or for that matter anything else in Afghanistan except for non military aid.

As for Pakistan, I hope it delivers it will be good for everyone but with a caveat that Taliban doesn't bite back the hand which feeds them. You can never reason with these kinds as you guys well know..
dont flip it
India came with a lot of claims of friendship and support. apart from some token projects like legislative building and some pampering the Northern alliance war lords India mainly used the land to open cultural centers which doubled as transit and support camps for Baloch Samachar. the move into Afghanistan was with sole purpose of opening anew front on Pakistan, reignite Baloch insurgency and benefit from War on terror chaos.
this couldnt go forever unchecked now that Pakistan has adapted to Indian presence so India is either doubting the peace talks or willing it to fail.

@Oscar @gambit can give you answer for your questions .
IFF interrogation has to occur to designate as friendly or not. Keep IFF in and every target is hostile.

You never know. What if US makes you an offer you can't refuse? Not like it hasn't happened before, even the commando bowed his head.

One can laugh at and belittle US but the fact remains it carries the biggest stick and the tastiest of all carrots. No one comes close enough.

Might of US when it gets its act together is terrifying, Even today Modi has to tuck his tails and say Yes if the US President calls him at 3 AM tells him that he is either with us or against us. I am not ashamed to admit this. We can't deal with US fleets at our shores and an comprehensive economic blockade like that of Iran and NK and nor do we want to. We are too comfortable with our way of life to be risking it all.

Thats the burden of being weak in this world.
The commando was/is a pussy cat.

But as the Kaptaan said it, there is no way around being in the good books of the United States.

You cannot give what you dont have. What Ashraf Ghani wants more than anyrhing is legitimacy within the Taliban setup. The agreement might give him that in exchange for elections in 12-18 months after formation of a national coalition Govtt. This remains my point of view.
A
I hope they meet in a middle ground
it is claimed that Taliban are now more accommodating and realistic
I hope its true
entities like TTP, BLA and Daesh and their handlers will want peace to fail.
the current thread is about potential military sale of F-16s or the upgrade of our present fleet or both.
and it is because of our commitment with USA during our recent visit to America.

problem with your option is
for Americans... F 35 and S 400 cant go together
this is the very reason Americans have banned their NATO ally Turkey and removed from the program. they cant just offer it to India on special concessions.
in case you were not following the news. Americans contended that S 400 was not just an air defense platform but an intelligence gathering and data collecting system as well and would collect the data on F 35 over time and help Russians build up the necessary counter for the closely guarded stealth technology which is the sum of all the systems that make up that jet both physical and software the sensor f
The Americans have already said that they cannot allow their F35 to coexist in the same arsenal as the S400 where it's weaknesses can be wargames and identified, they have cancelled Turkey's contract in this regard.
Can someone tell me why they would make an exception in India's case.
Answers on a postcard please.

Solid points.

I guess I was wrong on the Indian option of going for the F-35 after it has chosen S-400, unless there is an exception.

just like other news one more social media fire work.... few days back everyone was talking against America and were opposing for any new military harderware purchase from them... and here we are over night tables have been turned and America is willing to sell Block 70 ... if someone has a credible news link ?? please mentioned it here but if it is one more fools dreams upon the basis of resumption of F-16s maintenance aid ... then hats off to the dreamer

just like other news one more social media fire work.... few days back everyone was talking against America and were opposing for any new military harderware purchase from them... and here we are over night tables have been turned and America is willing to sell Block 70 ... if someone has a credible news link ?? please mentioned it here but if it is one more fools dreams upon the basis of resumption of F-16s maintenance aid ... then hats off to the dreamer
@Bratva intentional or unintentional rating?

The Moroccans paid 952 million to upgrade their 23 F16s to blk 70.
3.7 billion for 25 new builds plus weapons.

So the sale discussed would be approximately 6-7 billion.
I think this news is planted to entice India to buy US as someone else pointed out in this thread. Hearing Pakistan could get new F16 I dis will get engaged and then they can try to sell with incentives.

I think this news is planted to entice India to buy US as someone else pointed out in this thread. Hearing Pakistan could get new F16 I dis will get engaged and then they can try to sell with incentives.
I think the F21 was always a hard sell to india. It will despite the upgrades be an inferior aircraft in the mind of the average Indian, simply because Pakistan operates it. Also the age of the aircraft will play on their minds. I think another 36 Rafales will be purchased. Otherwise look at the potential lineup for the IAF

Su30
Mig21
Jaguar
Rafale
M2000
Mig27
Tejas
And then whatever else they purchase. It would be a huge logistics issue getting all the parts.

Its not what Afghan government is interested in or not, they have no option its either peace with Taliban or Taliban cut them in to pieces.............just a matter of time, they won't last 90 days after US leaves Afghanistan, Taliban will eat them alive without ketchup

I think it's all show for the US, Afghan govt doesn't seem to be interested in giving up power. I could be wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom