What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

What is your problem with Israel---? Why do we need to bring up that issue---?

We only have one prime enemy---and the F16 will work as designed---.
It's the fault of the dark ages when religious institutions taught BS to the people making them obsessed with certain countries and ideologies. It will take awhile before its reversed.

Not saying no to China btw. :whistle:
So two platforms.

Not saying no to China btw. :whistle:

Bhai na pehlay block 52 milay na zulus na atak helis...

Ab block 70 ki bhi payment ker do...

Some times u do wonder are decision makers retards or just simple traitors??

Hi,

It is always necessary (for them) to bring into discussion as the part of sabotage project.

Our weapons are for our defence as per our doctrine. Had it been the case like conspiracy theories of IFF not working in certain cases; why would a party oppose the idea to sell F-35 to Turkey or even gulf countries?

Hi,

As Israel have a tendency and track record of attacking and destroying key military installations of its enemies or potential threat. And our nuclear arsenal and potent military assets are surely a big potential threat to them. We have indirectly been at war with each other at many occasions. Agree or not but it's the reality you can't dismiss.

there is an upgrade program reported by Dawn as well
so its not a wishful thinking. call it whatever block

https://www.dawn.com/news/1496522/u...ed-125m-support-programme-for-pakistans-f-16s

you're reading too much into it my friend, nothing really indicate that Pakistan is going get new F-16s (Block-whatever) under subsidy of U.S Military Aid program. Even if it does, this doesn't change the fact that Pakistan is further tied into and is vulnerable to american sanctions. The correct strategic approach is to buy more Block-42s, put them through SLEP/MLU and start stockpiling spares parts and engines for PAF's Viper fleet. Because unless I missed my guess, Pakistan wouldn't be as lucky with it's Vipers, as it has been with it's Mirages. Pakistan Government really ought to fund documentaries about how much Pakistan suffered due to U.S sanctions in 1965, 1971, 1983, 1998 and etc. Because the young generation tend always veer off tangent when it comes to military hardware and America. Either they are not aware of the historical records or just not been made aware of it. Otherwise it is just plain idiotic to be wishfully thinking about F-16s even after suffering for the last three decades.

It seems that we lose sight of our objectives whenever talk of "american freebees" is mentioned. I mean to say man, haven't people been paying attention? The Prime Minister of Pakistan was setting an example and sending a message to the world and Pakistanis alike when he travelled as a common passenger in a commercial airline for a state visit to the most powerful country on earth. Imran Khan declared that he went their to set the relations between Pakistan and America that is based on mutual respect and treated as equals. There wasn't any mention of asking for aid, not even the CSF which is owed to Pakistan. Imran Khan showed the dignity a REAL MUSLIM exhibits. That is the sort of "mental strength and resolve" that Pakistanis should have, not begging for freebees from America. Frankly speaking, that sort of behavior is just disgusting, low selfesteemed and unbecoming of a Pakistani, a Muslim and more importantly a HUMAN. We are better than this, we are stronger than this ... you have a leader now that is showing "Iron Resolve" so I would suggest to fellow Pakistanis to grow a backbone and stand as strong, powerfully willed, Muslims. Because without it, we may just as well be indians.

Hi,

Well allegedly the Israelis have been involved with several attempts to attack Pakistan and their nuclear facilities.

You missed the point as may be I wasn't very clear with wording. However, it is safe to assume that what you tell is not related to F-16 support programme as this is FMS payment whereby Block-70 or 72 seems to be different story where brotherly nations are involved. Righto?

Brotherly nations are involved, but not in the way you think.

As Israel have a tendency and track record of attacking and destroying key military installations of its enemies or potential threat. And our nuclear arsenal and potent military assets are surely a big potential threat to them. We have indirectly been at war with each other at many occasions. Agree or not but it's the reality you can't dismiss.

Try to look at bigger picture at the moment. However, did they succeed as we don't have Block-70 or 72? Had Israel attacked our N installation or they are waiting for us to buy Block-70 - 72 and then will do so? Our doctrine is based upon defence so it is clear like any other day. This is not about Israel centeric but our defence and that is all.

Brotherly nations are involved, but not in the way you think.

I didn't want to talk that "specific way of brotherly nations supporting us" hence, twisted. However, quoting you and Baloch sahib was was to clear someone else's understanding in regard to two different news.

@Khafee,

I have written so much about this subject on this forum and I had wondered if I had lost it---but looking at what is happening---I realize that I still retain my sanity---.

The blame of this relationship is not only of the US---the major part falls on pakistan---. It is pakistan who did not know how to deal with the US---it is pakistan who did not know the military power of the US---.

It was some of the pakistani generals who wanted to make a vietnam of the US in AFG---. It was the pakistani members on this board who challenged the US to come and entangle pakistan military and they will show you how it is done---aka Blaine---.

Benzair came to power---she Zardari and her party saw the wealth that had come to pakistan---they went crazy---she sold Dr AQ and pak nuc program to the US and got entry back into pakistan politics---.

Nawaz did not want to be left behind---he sold out pakistan to India and thus got back in---. Nawaz and Hamid Mir became the main characters for the drama in mumbai created by the indian intel services---and today---Nawaz's daughter is creating unrest in the country---.

The OBL strike at Abbotabad was shocking in the sense that what did Obama wanted to do with pakistan---had he sold out Pakistan's interests to India---but the biggest shock was that why did the pak military generals did not strike back tactically at the accusations being hurled at pakistan and pakistan's image being decimated worldwide---.

Why did Kiyani---Pasha & Qamar Suleiman keep quiet about the issue---? If they had only uttered a public statement that pak military was associated in helping take out OBL---pakistan's image would not have been decimated all over the world---.

We go from one internal conspiracy to the other---from one internal sabotage to the other---and that was coming right from the top---.

The american state got carried away in the rhetoric created by the indian media that it would confront china---and pakistan is nothing---the indians don't even prepare to fight pakistan at all---that is how easy it would be---.

I don't know how the US admin believed in that---but I am pretty sure some would be scratching their heads at where the US loyalty and support was headed---.

Then to top it off---US lets its most loyal ally after the UK slip out of its hands---put it on a platter and gave it to china---. Actually the US dumped its most loyal and obedient ally pakistan for Indiana dgave it to china---.

Now that pakistan is firmly sitting in the chinese camp---and that the indian military is no match for china leave alone pakistan---maybe fresh questions were being asked in washington dc that how did we screw up so bad---.

The thing is that the US got greedy---it thought that india would be a great market for the US goods and if armed properly---india would take charge of china---. Amazing---how bad both these assessments were and yet no one in the US cared about it---.
Pakistan was never a loyal ally of USA after 1971, there was a strategic shift in Policy by ZA BHUTTO and Pakistan started finding new partners.
In 1979 after Soviet invasion ties remained not so warm till 1982-83, it was Pakistan who convinced US to sieze the opportunity to defeat USSR. (I don't know what would have happened if USSR remained in Afghanistan and defeating Soviets was also in interest of Pak).
After Soviet defeat relations again went sore as US/CIA wanted to control Afg war but ISI/Pak didn't let them.
Do you really believe US is stuck in Afg for 19 years in presence of "loyal ally" Pakistan.
But fact of the matter is Pakistan also dependant on US bcoz;
(1) US is our # 1 export partner
(2) Pak defense equipment, structure is still dependant on US ( although it's decreasing)
(3) US has influence on world financial institutions like IMF, World Bank, FATF etc. Etc. Etc.
(4) Strategic institution like UNSC, IAEA, NSG, MTCR etc. Etc.

You know I am wondering if the US is building up a few countries as a counter to a country in the mid east that is troublesome.......
I pray that we are excused and kept out of that alliance.
Although India will love to see all our borders active and hostile towards us except the north.
we are still trying to finish off the 19 year old war we joined in early 2000 against another , much smaller country.

Try to look at bigger picture at the moment. However, did they succeed as we don't have Block-70 or 72? Had Israel attacked our N installation or they are waiting for us to buy Block-70 - 72 and then will do so? Our doctrine is based upon defence so it is clear like any other day. This is not about Israel centeric but our defence and that is all.
Our defence against any or all threats whether it's even US or Israel not just India centric. If your doctrine is based on single isolated aspect and approach of your defence is so much limited in imagination then you are doomed to fail. Defence doctrine should be thorough and multi spectrum at all levels.
In real world adversaries don't give strategic time out to prepare yourself against them if you already had not devise a doctrine to tackle them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom