What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont know what happened behind closed doors.What is visible is growing relationship between US and India.
Yes I know F16 is the best choice.If Pakistan can get them in this or the next year then good. Otherwise further wait to get F16 will be criminal negligence because the tech gap between IAF and PAF will drastically increase.
It's my idea beacuse if we want new F16s let's say 34 are about 5 billions if we procure another weapon system let's say 36 Su 35 are about 3 billion 28EF would be around 5 billion why not go and negotiate with LM around 12 billion we can have 100plus F16 made in Pak.

But they have released a tender. If they were going for Rafale why release the tender???
c8HZg65.jpg

Impossible, USA will never share sensitive technology with Pakistan. As I said before, we might be able to get Used F-16s if IK play his cards correctly, not sure about block 70.

it is only because of the fear that chinese and pakistaniz wll copy the F-16 which might be true. they don't care for the airframe as its old now. all they care about is the avionics abord V and blk 70.

NO stealth there mate, just reduced RCS.

Getting something off the shelf and building it with technology transferred is two different things.

We will have to wait until the end of year and see if 15 to 18 Used F-16 option is available to us. (Our generals are waiting for that)
Indian lobby is too strong but I am hopeful that we will know something by December 2019.

Last edited:
Pak should go for F16 made in Pak same LM deal for india can be switch with PAC kamara.
Omg....what wrong with you.
Did they offer this to pakistan?
Is Pakistan buying 100 plus fighters? Is there a tender out?
America would never ever allow pakistan the same deal. Remember who you are?

Anybody suggessting to invest 12 Billion USD on F-16s must first answer a simple question.

Pay'hey aany kithon ne (Where would money come from?)

If there is no fruition/done deal, I don't see any wait. PAF is pretty much aware of value of time and strategy.
Well time is running short. If we do nothing in the next year the tech gap will be too big and we won't be able to catch up.

Well time is running short. If we do nothing in the next year the tech gap will be too big and we won't be able to catch up.

And this assertion is based on what?

Pakistan will have always option to mitigate threats through building numerical strength of own fighter. A relatively backward thinking but still it provide a degree of deterrence.

Though I agree that if we wish something more. A change of strategic mindset in Pindi and Islamabad is critical. PAF must be given top priority in budgeting and our political elite will have to consider this growing qualitative gap vis a vis IAF. We follow so called Active Defense doctrine. A critical appraisal of our balance of power is required in context of this doctrine and gaps must be filled ASAP. For example, why don't we have a long range strategic bomber. We need this as our enemy has vast landmass and a even bigger Ocean mass!

This is a rubbish statement. Let's see if you are going to run away like a chicken again, and hide behind a Mod to save your arse this time as well. When you make tall claims and statements like what you have just done, a logical human being would provide justifications and evidence of why he thinks there would be such a huge tech leap within ONE year and why it would be difficult to catch-up. But here you are, issuing statements without anything to support it. On what basis are you saying this??

Anybody suggessting to invest 12 Billion USD on F-16s must first answer a simple question.

Pay'hey aany kithon ne (Where would money come from?)
Bro...pakistan is not a poor country. If you live in pakistan then your would know. Pakistan has a big problem with corruption and tax collection. If these two are fixed and rule of law applied equally. Our nation would fly

And this assertion is based on what?

Pakistan will have always option to mitigate threats through building numerical strength of own fighter. A relatively backward thinking but still it provide a degree of deterrence.

Though I agree that if we wish something more. A change of strategic mindset in Pindi and Islamabad is critical. PAF must be given top priority in budgeting and our political elite will have to consider this growing qualitative gap vis a vis IAF. We follow so called Active Defense doctrine. A critical appraisal of our balance of power is required in context of this doctrine and gaps must be filled ASAP. For example, why don't we have a long range strategic bomber. We need this as our enemy has vast landmass and a even bigger Ocean mass!

India is going ballistic on procurements. Rafales armed with Meteors will cross B-52s with AAMRAM. Once Rafales are inducted more will follow. Tejas is also coming of age. If it has their in house AESA then it will also equip Meteor.

What I am saying is if there it no development in getting of more F-16s then we should move on to next platform because the current F-16 fleet of PAF wont hold till AZM.

Our concern are right due to apparent case & no information in public but those planners have all strategies in place & must have been working hard. Especially since 27th Feb, PAF can't live the legacy if there is no plan or things in place to deter & deal with adversary. The bar is set high & will raise to more higher level, therefore, don't expect them to be too lazy or unaware of threat.

F-16 is a machine that PAF knows like back of hand hence, additional birds & luckily if we can get Viper kits; will in-fact add a lot of punch to PAF that too without wasting much of time. On other hand, any new platform will take more years of induction beside money but this fact is not a deadlock at the moment. Minds are open in regard to plan A or B or C however, it is more feasible to move step by step & utilize every best possible option to save time & money. If plan A doesn't work, like the case of Viper; there is Plan B & so on.

All I can say at the moment is that; new acquisition is decided & there is no other thought. However, whether it is Viper or any other platform, will be told when the time comes. We have options in East & West.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom