What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already build them....if few hours used we must not care....

They have not built any for Pakistan so you are incorrect there. Any new orders will take a while to fulfill, even it submitted

Blk 70 is a great plane with price of 28 typhoons we can have Atleast 50 F16s. It's totally different plane except shape and outer side.

I am not sure that is entirely accurate, at least on the flyaway costs. New F-16Vs are going to be pretty expensive ... the only upside is being able to use FMS (cutting out any middlemen) and using CSF money for them, vs Typhoon will have a some pockets lined and money will be from the treasury/forex (not buying into this Saudi money, esp now that their production just took a sizable hit)

Typhoon can btw use all weapons we have integrated on the F-16s but there will be other ancillary costs for setting up support infrastructure around new engines, airframes, radars etc. Some of that will even hold true for the new F-16s.

I think the chances of us getting Block 70s is only once we have an AESA radar in service in JF-17, but not before.

They have not built any for Pakistan so you are incorrect there. Any new orders will take a while to fulfill, even it submitted

Indeed. And any weapons sales above $14m needs to go through Congress.

After watching trump's speech today I think we ain't getting f-sola.

Give him time to forget and be reminded that he can claim to sign a deal. If there's money to be made and jobs to be maintained for US companies and US workers, especially going into an election year, his cognitive dissonance will kick in.

Dont read anything into the Trump speech besides the fact that he wants Indian voters to switch from Dems to Reps for the next election (unlikely). Its just campaigning and nothing else.
Not gonna happen ppl here won't switch vote like that. It's a futile attempt by trump I don't know who gave him this idea???

yeah could be same with pakistan as well...
True can say same thing to IK as well ask ppl to vote me.

Not gonna happen ppl here won't switch vote like that. It's a futile attempt by trump I don't know who gave him this idea???

True can say same thing to IK as well ask ppl to vote me.
Most Indian Hindus are near the point where they will claim Modi as Bhagwan if given the nudge.

They will switch votes and vote for Trump, but the number of registered Indian voters is what matters too.

Most Indian Hindus are near the point where they will claim Modi as Bhagwan if given the nudge.

They will switch votes and vote for Trump, but the number of registered Indian voters is what matters too.
Never I don't think so politics in US and Canada is very different mostly Indians are Democrat supporters or can say immigrants mostly go with Dems not Republicans. Plus each voter is independent vote according to local needs not back home politics

Never I don't think so politics in US and Canada is very different mostly Indians are Democrat supporters or can say immigrants mostly gi with Dems not Republicans. Plus each voter is independent vote according to local needs not back home politics
Modi is an unusual phenomenon which has clouded most Indian brains. These people cant think for themselves and will follow the mob.

There are always exceptions but the general voting population will consider Trump. They may still vote democrat for congress.

Double engine double expense, PAF is more interested in F-16 reasons are obvious further EFT's are not as good as F-16 since we know much more about F-16 and their maintenance...if we induct another platform we need many years and more expense to induct new platform....

Block 70 already and overkill over Indians....

What American thinks if they gave us more F-16 we will F@ck India which will lead to nuclear war.

@James David @Khafee

If opportunity is available then PAF will go for EFTs (latest version) as they want it, they will come with added benefit for JFT.

f16s will still be better cost wise but depends whther we get aim120d,aim9x with b70

All is not about cost, sometimes one have bear cost to get near parity capacity with enemy. EFT is Meteor capable which is a big capacity.

Blk 70 is a great plane with price of 28 typhoons we can have Atleast 50 F16s. It's totally different plane except shape and outer side.

Its more sanctionable then EFTs can come with tech for JFT which earlier can not provide.

they way u.s is cooperating with india there is high risk that they will train india to disable f16 and make it useless by using electronic or cyber attack or jamming it effectively and will also give them information about weaknesses of this jet so it is better we not get more f16s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom