What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
mirage 2000 may be used as temporary solution until our economy becomes better and many arab nations and india is operating this jets and india has used israeli weapon on it in balakot strikes so it seems flexible jet
You are talking about procuring a jet not a car. And there are no temporary solution for a cash strapped air force.

Whatsoever the matter is ,it is not easy to shot down f16 in air to air combat,I am impressed by mirage 2000 because it has demonstrated this capability in actual combat
You are talking about procuring a jet not a car. And there are no temporary solution for a cash strapped air force.

OK. This has turned old now. How about starting a similar threat with Typhoons or Su-35?

I think mirage provide greater flexibility for weapons system and it can carry raad cruise missiles,we can also integrate chinese bvr missiles with it,f16 is much limited in weapons and requires u.s permission for every upgrade
Also used Mirages are higher cost than used F-16s

I think mirage provide greater flexibility for weapons system and it can carry raad cruise missiles,we can also integrate chinese bvr missiles with it,f16 is much limited in weapons and requires u.s permission for every upgrade
No chinese integration with west can take place.

Whatsoever the matter is ,it is not easy to shot down f16 in air to air combat,I am impressed by mirage 2000 because it has demonstrated this capability in actual combat
What, you're not impressed by the capabilities of the F-16 & destruction they caused to the IAF earlier in Feb.?

We're already getting (used) Mirages from Egypt. Now, they too can fulfill the task a Mirage 2000 could.

Find a solution for Air-to-Air combat. And someone pointed out earlier...where do you intend on getting spares from.

The Mirage wasn't built on the F-16 tech of Block-building.
if russia agree to manufacture jets in Pakistan we should go for su35,su34 or mig35
Okay, aur Russia ke saas (India) ko kon mannay-ga?

For all the Members who dream of having Russian equipment need to understand that Russian Jets will be last option..., if possible.

Imagine we strike a deal with Russia. India stays quite. Occasionally opposes the deal between PAK-RUS. We make some sort of payment. A couple of years later when time has passed, India decides to (finally) jump in & everything goes to hell.

When push comes to shove, where do you think Russia's loyalty will be to? Does anyone here think that Pakistan will pick a fight with Russia? No. I didn't think so.

Conclusion: Fast Forward 2-3 Years from now (2021/2022)... Money/Time - GONE. And now here we are on PDF debating what are other options are and/or could have been back in 2019.

So India has gone ahead and got all of their 36 Rafales. Around 19 MiG-29's & added a few Su-30MKi from HAL.

What did PAF do? Oh we added a few JF-17 Block III and eh...well...ummm...jack sh!t.

Think smart. We almost have zero diplomatic ties with Russia. And please don't give me the JF-17 engines are Russian.

I
I have not seen any chinese weapon or antiship missiles on our f16 yet,all such weapons are mostly integrated with jf17
It's not about Integration rather "user end agreements" where US don't allow modifications. Even a country need to obtain permission if they want to sell used F-16 or other US aircrafts.

UK, KSA, Italy and Germany have Tornadoes and most of them are retired...

NOTE: F-16 and Tornado were introduced in same year..
Yes, it will be best available option ...if Tornados are modified to carry multiple Antiship CM like CM-400AKG and C-802....

Also a reliable A2G platform....Pakistanis are familiar with the system and have flown them frequently in Saudi AF.

They have offered us with some conditions....It is not delusion at all..

@Khafee

Getting F-16s with KSA support will be stupid thing to do, if KSA is ready to finance fighter jets then get EFTs latest trench as it will give better capability to PAF and will allow better working relationship with KSA air force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom