What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder, if at some point, it's a question of diminishing returns.

Not once, not even in 1999, has there been a fight with such level of qualitative parity in the modern missile age.

You have two air forces with AEW&C networked BVR assets, and that too in the hundreds on both sides. Be it an F-16 or JF-17, the point is to lob a BVRAAM with a sufficiently good hit probability. So, I wonder, as far as the PAF is now concerned is having more F-16s worth it when for that price they can get a better BVRAAM (e.g., PL-15) and a lot more JF-17s to carry them.

If anything, I'm not as concerned about the A2A as much as AAD. So, the S-400 could make high-altitude SOW deployments tougher, even from our own side of the border. We'd have to fly lower and, as a result, the glide-based SOWs (H-2, H-4, REK, etc) might lose range, and we'll need to build-up on ALCMs.

….or may be, the recent test of Ghauri was the counter step in this direction !!!!

I was 2 seconds away from opening a thread on yesterday's meeting at AHQ. Thanks!

Ahh! Khafee - is it a "flat line" now?

After nearly 3 decades in service, thank you for reminding me.

Please Khafee I had some really tough patients today ... need some news to cheer myself.... loosen up your info tap.

I think he said he is not posting it because you altered the thread title to belittle him.
BTW why do never interfere with Mastan Khan when he post all kinds of condescending nonsense including equating himself with Imam Khomeini in one is braggadocios posts? I am not even going to mention the rubbish think tanks post

Best way to shut people up is to releases another Khafee leak ...

I think he said he is not posting it because you altered the thread title to belittle him.
BTW why do never interfere with Mastan Khan when he post all kinds of condescending nonsense including equating himself with Imam Khomeini in one is braggadocios posts?
There is no belittling here. I have read a few last posts and there seems to be an issue with AESA radar. So things might very well be in works, but until it is confirmed by the officials. Lets stick with IN WORKS / RUMOR.

Regarding your second point, we are aware.Create a thread in GHQ to discuss the issue.

There is no belittling here. I have read a few last posts and there seems to be an issue with AESA radar. So things might very well be in works, but until it is confirmed by the officials. Lets stick with IN WORKS / RUMOR.

So call it in works.... there is a big difference between In works vs rumours

Regarding your second point, we are aware.Create a thread in GHQ to discuss the issue.
Better change the title to something else.. rather than calling it a rumor..

https://www.defensenews.com/global/...eks-more-than-us-funds-in-meeting-with-trump/

Money isn’t everything: Pakistan seeks more than US funds in meeting with Trump

By: Joe Gould and Usman Ansari   July 23
stronger ties on security and trade — and, according to Trump, that the aid might be restored.

“All of that money can come back, depending on what we work out,” Trump told reporters ahead of a meeting between the two leaders at the White House on Monday.

Pakistan may, in the coming days, help end the Taliban’s reluctance to deal directly with the Afghan government, Khan said. The prime minister said he never believed there would be a military solution and that a peace deal appeared closer than ever.

“Pakistan needs stability,” Khan said. “We have 15 years of fighting this war on terror, over 70,000 Pakistani casualties, over $150 billion lost to the economy. ... We desperately want peace, and I am happy President Trump has pushed this forward.”

Author, analyst and former Australian defense attache to Islamabad, Brian Cloughley, believes Pakistan would be interested in a resumption of military aid, though the government understands that Trump’s view of international relations is transactional.

Despite diversifying its supplier portfolio, Pakistan has important American-made equipment in service and, according to Pakistan analyst Kamal Alam, needs military-specific aid, notably AH-1Z helicopter gunships and special operations equipment to meet counterinsurgency needs.

Though it is fencing the Afghan-Pakistan border to stymie infiltration, the Pakistani military knows American equipment would make this effort more effective, and this may be the primary area of focus for resumed military aid.

Get the defense industry's most comprehensive news and information straight to your inbox
The military would also like to replace its P-3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft, potentially with the Boeing-made P-8A Poseidon.

Pakistan is also seeking U.S. clearance for RIM-116 missile systems, which would serve as the primary air-defense system for the country’s Ada-class corvettes designed by Turkey. Pakistan “needs a good working relationship with the U.S., regardless of whether it is getting any aid,” Cloughley noted.

Of the rocky relationship between Washington and Islamabad, Trump said Pakistan’s previous leaders did not respect the U.S. or his predecessors in office — presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama. Trump assessed the relationship was on the upswing under himself and Khan, a former sports star who took office in August.

“Pakistan was not doing anything for us, they were really, I think, subversive. They were going against us,” Trump said.

The U.S. announced in January 2018 that it was suspending $900 million of security aid to Pakistan for failing to act against Taliban militants. That included $255 million for Pakistani purchases of American military equipment.

As of Monday morning, the decision remained in effect. But according to a U.S. State Department official, the Trump administration is constantly evaluating the policy, as the president said he might resume aid if warranted by Pakistan’s actions. Trump is also willing to approve specific exceptions to the suspension for programs determined to be in the United States’ national security interest.

Historically, these security assistance programs with Pakistan supported projects for the Pakistan Army, Air Force and Navy, as well as accountability monitoring of American equipment. Those projects were developed with the Pakistani military to support its counterterrorism, counterinsurgency and self-defense requirements, the official said.

Over the past 15 years, Pakistan received roughly $15 billion in Coalition Support Funds meant to reimburse support for U.S. operations; roughly $4 billion in Foreign Military Financing funds used to purchase American equipment; about $1.4 billion in the Pakistan Counterinsurgency Capability Fund to build Pakistan’s counterinsurgency capability; and approximately $52 million in International Military Education and Training funds.

in works!

In works, and could fall through.. to become a rumor only. It is in the right context, I will let the credibility of the information be judged by the members. Thread title can be changed.. if rumor sounds inappropriate.

In works, and could fall through.. to become a rumor only. It is in the right context, I will let the credibility of the information be judged by the members. Thread title can be changed.. if rumor sounds inappropriate.
It sounds inappropriate bro..

If there is something in the making, and you also have an idea about it, better not call it a rumor..

I'm going to leave this link here. @Tipu7 Deal will not go through if Pakistan is pushing for russian jets.

Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countering_America's_Adversaries_Through_Sanctions_Act

Ek banda hai. Zarvan Version 2, Ya Block II keh lein usey. Truck ki batti ke peeche lagaya howa hai us ne sab ko. Aur sab ko bewaqoof aur pagal keh raha hai kio ke uski fragile ego bardashat nahi karte jab us se sawal karo

Us block II ne naya shosha chora hai jis ki waja say poora khayali pakao jo yaha pakaya gaya hai wo mahaz sirf ek mazaq hai

Coming back to my original point, F-16 block imaginary deal is not gonna happen. Why ? Because of CAASTA. Why CAASTA? I'll leave it to informed members who will soon come to know another "Truck ki batti" rumor.

I'm going to leave this link here. @Tipu7 Deal will not go through if Pakistan is pushing for russian jets.

Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countering_America's_Adversaries_Through_Sanctions_Act

Ek banda hai. Zarvan Version 2, Ya Block II keh lein usey. Truck ki batti ke peeche lagaya howa hai us ne sab ko. Aur sab ko bewaqoof aur pagal keh raha hai kio ke uski fragile ego bardashat nahi karte jab us se sawal karo

Us block II ne naya shosha chora hai jis ki waja say poora khayali pakao jo yaha pakaya gaya hai wo mahaz sirf ek mazaq hai

Coming back to my original point, F-16 block imaginary deal is not gonna happen. Why ? Because of CAASTA. Why CAASTA? I'll leave it to informed members who will come to know another "Truck ki batti" rumor.
bro i heard real players r gathering in some place to sign something
i guess ur beloved qatar was reduced to actually being a waitress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom