What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom line is this....they had their SU 30 and Mirage 2000 in the area too just as we had our F-16's. They could have engaged the retreating PAF Mirages and JF 17's with their BVR's why didn't they???

I guess they were scrambling to save to their behinds instead of shooting down the intruding planes.
They did.
Mirages managed to sneak away, however Jf17s came under fire but ditched them successfully.
IMG_20190821_233046.png

Any news about F 16s yet ?
Block 70 not available for Pakistan.
Downgraded variant is on offer with hafty price tag, thus we are not interested.

They did.
Mirages managed to sneak away, however Jf17s came under fire but ditched them successfully.

Wasn't that supposed to mean that they tried their locks Mica -M2K and R-73 Archer on Bisons. Then the surprise emerged for a hot debate in relevant circles about Thunder's jamming/EW capability.

Also, they couldn't take shot due to failing to have a lock and then adversary was given a return tone after breaking the lock which forced them to turn around. May be I am wrong but wanted to say.

Downgraded variant is on offer with hafty price tag, thus we are not interested.
I'm sorry, but when did this development take place...?

I get it that NO Block 70/72 have officially been ordered/approved, but I haven't heard anything about (used) F-16's hefty tag either.

I'm sorry, but when did this development take place...?

I get it that NO Block 70/72 have officially been ordered/approved, but I haven't heard anything about (used) F-16's hefty tag either.
They are offering New F16 Blk70 minus AESA with a hafty price tag. PAF on the other hand is interested in surplus airframes only, which USA is not allowing. (as per now).
Wasn't that supposed to mean that they tried their locks Mica -M2K and R-73 Archer on Bisons. Then the surprise emerged for a hot debate in relevant circles about Thunder's jamming/EW capability.

Also, they couldn't take shot due to failing to have a lock and then adversary was given a return tone after breaking the lock which forced them to turn around. May be I am wrong but wanted to say.
Let's wait till this defense day. There is a lot to reveal by PAF, like Abhinandan RT, info about targets engaged during strikes and the famous MKI shot.

Paf is not getting blk 70 but only blk 52 jets and we lack new erathese are not block 70 these all are block 52 jets

We are lacking new era air to air missiles

Paf must consider new platform so new missiles like meteor IRIS-T can be Used india is going to get new air to air missile our AMRAAM and short range AIM 9M are older models and prone to new jamners of rafale

We need to buy 20 to 30 new jets

Paf isnot ordering new AIM 9X and AIM 120 D models with better hit ratio

We had destroyediaf jets due to lack of range and capability do not get over confidence we must think two foot above india

Our airforce need immediate revamp90 percent jets are 40 yrs old and what new we have are 3.5 gen we must buy new jets

Amazing, this thread is continuing on with no basis in facts.
Message to paf command our enemy knew our capability and they are counering them what u have to do more

Paf is not getting blk 70 but only blk 52 jets and we lack new erathese are not block 70 these all are block 52 jets

We are lacking new era air to air missiles

Paf must consider new platform so new missiles like meteor IRIS-T can be Used india is going to get new air to air missile our AMRAAM and short range AIM 9M are older models and prone to new jamners of rafale

We need to buy 20 to 30 new jets

Paf isnot ordering new AIM 9X and AIM 120 D models with better hit ratio

We had destroyediaf jets due to lack of range and capability do not get over confidence we must think two foot above india

Our airforce need immediate revamp90 percent jets are 40 yrs old and what new we have are 3.5 gen we must buy new jets

more

I completely agree with the bold part. Problem is money can be arranged but even then US will never sell these fighters to PAF for number of obvious reasons. These range from Indian MMRCA to regional strategic scenario where lately Pakistan was able to assert herself against the aspirations of Washington. Entire Israeli lobby is behind India. For PAF only possibility is if Pakistan surrender on something very strategic like Kashmir, CPEC, etc. US is not worried about CPEC from Pakistan's perspective they knew how we have managed to mismanage CPEC to take any advantage of it, they are worried because it is a mean to break the encirclement of China and Russia upon which the US has spent much political and financial capital.

In this backdrop, IMHO, best option for right now is to prioritize our goals and put turning around PAF on top. Give more preference to air power in national power compared to Army. AF can save ground forces and clear any obstacles our strike corps may face in case of war. So, far I don't think such thinking prevail among our strategic community and lot of security managers. So far PAF is worried out protecting our own skies. Pure defensive thinking. Once we start thinking about making PAF the spearhead of our armed power, PAF will find funding on priority basis just like our nuclear and missile programs and it is damn time to do it.We cannot match Indian army and navy in numbers now but in AF domain there is a possibility as IAF lacks squadron strength which cannot be fulfilled by imported fighters. If our planes are getting old so is their's. so, let's build one arm that is going to operate both above land and sea providing the most critical support.

For PAF, solution lies in more advanced blocks of Thunders, Project Azm but these must be put on acceleration like we did with our nuclear program. Plus, I would really love to see PAF becoming part of something like H-20. Having said that, I do understand that F-16s are important for us as we have invested so much time and human capital on them apart from financial resources over the years. But this plane is entangled in regional geopolitics now. For F-16s, we must focus more on our diplomacy to counter Indo/Israeli lobbying and current Kashmir crisis provides us an opportunity to make the world see what India under Modi actually has become and then hope when we place an order it will not met with resistance like we saw during the sale of those 8 F-16Block 52Ds few years ago. PAF's will be wise to seek permission to purchase as many older frame of F-16s as it can as upgrading them will not be problem from Turkey they might not form the most advanced tier but we will have a proven platform in numbers and any purchase of new ones along the line would be just a bounce.

@Khafee

Just make sure they deliver those planes via amazon prime, we need those planes man ASAP... There's a gorilla on the loose on the east, and his mad..

The bottom line is this....they had their SU 30 and Mirage 2000 in the area too just as we had our F-16's. They could have engaged the retreating PAF Mirages and JF 17's with their BVR's why didn't they???

I guess they were scrambling to save to their behinds instead of shooting down the intruding planes.
I wonder, if at some point, it's a question of diminishing returns.

Not once, not even in 1999, has there been a fight with such level of qualitative parity in the modern missile age.

You have two air forces with AEW&C networked BVR assets, and that too in the hundreds on both sides. Be it an F-16 or JF-17, the point is to lob a BVRAAM with a sufficiently good hit probability. So, I wonder, as far as the PAF is now concerned is having more F-16s worth it when for that price they can get a better BVRAAM (e.g., PL-15) and a lot more JF-17s to carry them.

If anything, I'm not as concerned about the A2A as much as AAD. So, the S-400 could make high-altitude SOW deployments tougher, even from our own side of the border. We'd have to fly lower and, as a result, the glide-based SOWs (H-2, H-4, REK, etc) might lose range, and we'll need to build-up on ALCMs.

in these 159 pages does anybody come up with any credible link yet??? or still entire thread is based upon rumors and dreams ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom