What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our current economic conditions, reliability as a loan recipient and our diplomatic relationships and competence at managing those relationships.

Contrary to what you may believe economy is heading in a very good direction. Please see IMF report saying that the end of 2019 Pakistan will have history’s lowest account deficit of about 5 billion.... down from record high 22 billion.

As for our diplomatic status after IK excellent visits and standing we really are in the best shape in decades ...

So stop being a worry wart.

I am very intrigued, how did you arrive at the figure of US$8bn for "26 or 36 jets."(as per your you)

Would you be kind enough to elaborate?
Now this is a tricky one. :D

PAF acknowledges the volatility of Pak-US relationship. So whenever we sign deals with US/NATO countries, we go with an all out approach. Ordering everything in bulk quantities. Which means a hell lot of money.

Otherwise had our relationship with US been a little less rocky. We would be ordering one thing or another every year and getting deliveries timely. The time wasted in sanctions is something our leadership has to take into account while procuring defence articles.

Hence in this price tag of $8B. We have complete aircraft (36 I think), 300 AMRAAMs,Mk-series weapons, sniper pods, AIDEWS, JHMCS sets etc and other support and material services.

How do I know about this figure? It's classified. :partay:
I'm not contradicting either of you two - (wouldn't dare). But here are price listing for the Sales made for the Block 70/72's...

- Slovakia is paying $1.4 Billion for 14 Aircrafts (Block 70)

- Bahrain is paying $3.8 Billion for 16 Aircrafts (Block 70)

- Morocco is paying $3.7 Billion for 25 Aircrafts (Block 72) + upgrades to the country's existing 23 F‑16s to the more advanced F‑16V Block 52+ configuration, estimated at $985.2 million.

- Bulgaria is paying $1.2 Billion for 8 Aircrafts (Block 70)

I'm not contradicting either of you two - (wouldn't dare). But here are price listing for the Sales made for the Block 70/72's...

- Morocco is paying $3.7 Billion for 25 Aircrafts (Block 72) + upgrades to the country's existing 23 F‑16s to the more advanced F‑16V Block 52+ configuration, estimated at $985.2 million.

Morroco deal seems good, total 5 billion for 25 new ( squadron and a reserve ) plus upgrades to all other, add another billion for 120D and 9X , but where do we get 6bill from ?

Hon Brother, Please see the following:

Slovakia

F16 Blk70 - 14units @ $57.14m
Contract No-FA8615-19-C-6053
Lockheed Martin Corp., doing business as Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, Fort Worth, Texas, has been awarded a $799,955,939 firm-fixed-price incentive contract for F-16 aircraft production. This contract provides for the production and support of 14 Slovak Republic F-16 block 70 aircraft. Work will be performed at Greenville, South Carolina, and is expected to be completed by Jan. 31, 2024. This contract award involves 100% foreign military sales to the Slovak Republic. This award is the result of a Slovak Republic conducted competition. Foreign Military Sales funds in the amount of $799,955,939 are being obligated at time of award. The Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, is the contracting activity (FA8615-19-C-6053).

Contracts For July 31, 2019
https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Contracts/Contract/Article/1922486/
***********************************************************************************
Bahrain
F16 Blk70 - 16units @ $70.28m
Contract No-FA8615-18-C-6058
Lockheed Martin Corp., Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co., Fort Worth, Texas; and Lockheed Martin, Greenville, South Carolina, have been awarded a $1,124,545,002 fixed-price-incentive-firm contract for F-16 production. This contract provides for the production of 16 F-16 V Block 70 aircraft. Work will be performed in Greenville, South Carolina; and Fort Worth, Texas. The work is expected to be complete by Sept. 30, 2023. This contract involves 100 percent foreign military sales (FMS) to the Kingdom of Bahrain. This award is the result of a sole-source acquisition. FMS funds in the amount of $551,027,050 are being obligated at the time of award. Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, is the contracting activity (FA8615-18-C-6058).

Contracts For June 22, 2018
https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Contracts/Contract/Article/1558220/
***********************************************************************************

For the other two countries, contracts have not been awarded to Lockheed, only DSCA notifications have been issued.

DSCA notifications, or total package prices include transportation, training, spares, ammo, targeting pods etc, hence obscure the actual per unit cost.

Best Regards

Morroco deal seems good, total 5 billion for 25 new ( squadron and a reserve ) plus upgrades to all other, add another billion for 120D and 9X , but where do we get 6bill from ?
Hey, I just do the research & put the numbers on the screen for ya'll.

I don't know anything about the $6 Billion. I've got 10 Dirhams in my account if it'll help...

Hey, I just do the research & put the numbers on the screen for ya'll.

I don't know anything about the $6 Billion. I've got 10 Dirhams in my account if it'll help...
Dude I wasn't being negative or anything or whatever, just asking a genuine question but the way people have liked it , it seems like I did something bad ?

Is three any solid practical & provable proceedings towards, the dreamful block 70?
I'm afraid, it may not to be another day dry dream. We are too enthusiastic about block 70, but are we really getting it?
When?
With what strings attached ?

Its the era when software is biggest incredible part of any modern fighter & the software is the biggest string itself, which most easily manurable, America like non reliable foe like friend. As always proved.

So
We should be very rationale with all option open, we should not bend toward USA openly, it may prove worst decision, as been ever in history.

America is drowning day by day more and more to its natural fate, after murdering, ever maximum mankind.
Soon it would collapse just like USSR, its now written on wall.

So though Block 70 is currently best possible for us, but at what hidden price?

Pakistan is the country which was built on human muslim blood, non other is like this.
That blood has a huge price near The Creator, that's why who so ever does bad with Pakistan, always becomes symbolic, history is witnessed.

Hon Brother, Please see the following:

Slovakia

F16 Blk70 - 14units @ $57.14m
Contract No-FA8615-19-C-6053
Lockheed Martin Corp., doing business as Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, Fort Worth, Texas, has been awarded a $799,955,939 firm-fixed-price incentive contract for F-16 aircraft production. This contract provides for the production and support of 14 Slovak Republic F-16 block 70 aircraft. Work will be performed at Greenville, South Carolina, and is expected to be completed by Jan. 31, 2024. This contract award involves 100% foreign military sales to the Slovak Republic. This award is the result of a Slovak Republic conducted competition. Foreign Military Sales funds in the amount of $799,955,939 are being obligated at time of award. The Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, is the contracting activity (FA8615-19-C-6053).

Contracts For July 31, 2019
https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Contracts/Contract/Article/1922486/
Bahrain
F16 Blk70 - 16units @ $70.28m
Contract No-FA8615-18-C-6058
Lockheed Martin Corp., Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Co., Fort Worth, Texas; and Lockheed Martin, Greenville, South Carolina, have been awarded a $1,124,545,002 fixed-price-incentive-firm contract for F-16 production. This contract provides for the production of 16 F-16 V Block 70 aircraft. Work will be performed in Greenville, South Carolina; and Fort Worth, Texas. The work is expected to be complete by Sept. 30, 2023. This contract involves 100 percent foreign military sales (FMS) to the Kingdom of Bahrain. This award is the result of a sole-source acquisition. FMS funds in the amount of $551,027,050 are being obligated at the time of award. Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, is the contracting activity (FA8615-18-C-6058).

Contracts For June 22, 2018
https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Contracts/Contract/Article/1558220/

For the other two countries, contracts have not been awarded to Lockheed, only DSCA notifications have been issued.

DSCA notifications, or total package prices include transportation, training, spares, ammo, targeting pods etc, hence obscure the actual per unit cost.

Best Regards
Bahrain is a done deal for sure. They have sent 2 pilots to (162nd FW) be trained on the type once it comes out of production.

i have a feeling that Pakistan wants to use the same plane which are used by GCC .so pilots can utilize these assets to whenever in need of time without any problem weather it is for GCC or Pakistan. One similar platform is very important. Same engine and same asset can be beneficial for both nations

sir it means Pakistan is not alone there is an other country who is playing very vital and having the same plane and infrastructure

r the other two countries, contracts have not been awarded to Lockheed, only DSCA notifications have been issued.

so Pakistan is not alone in DSCA category sir?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom