What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that we purposely kept ourselves out of the pet conflict project of the GCC. I see nothing else on offer that would compel them to invest the sum required.

What you call "pet project" is a stepping stone to Makkah an Medina.

In any case, Makkah has been attack via BM's multiple times, and Yemen is in control, so you did miss that boat.

Nonetheless, there are more things at play here.

@Khafee I have no confirmation from anywhere. Perhaps it is something in offing.
I would be extremely surprised since per official US policy on exports to tier 2 countries the Aim-120D is not yet available for release until the D-1 comes out.

However, since Canada, Australia and the UK has been approved; it’s likely that it may be approved for the UAE and Qatar.

What you call "pet project" is a stepping stone to Makkah an Medina.

In any case, Makkah has been attack via BM's multiple times, and Yemen is in control, so you did miss that boat.

Nonetheless, there are more things at play here.
The motivation to the yemen conflict is not the issue, our lack of participation is and the associated angst with it.
Hence, no financing.

I think he has explained this a thousand times already.."We are not paying for them".
And Ive explained it ten thousand times since 2011; we need to stop having pipe dreams about anyone else paying for it.

Maybe the tradeoff is to have these F-16s in reserve to protect Saudi Arabia in case of conflict with Iran. Or the same with respect to UAE.

Maybe the tradeoff is to have these F-16s in reserve to protect Saudi Arabia in case of conflict with Iran. Or the same with respect to UAE.
Both of those countries now have equal or better assets available to them with the requisite well trained pilots. UAE pilots with their Block-60s are pound for pound better than their PAF F-16 counterparts.

Both of those countries now have equal or better assets available to them with the requisite well trained pilots. UAE pilots with their Block-60s are pound for pound better than their PAF F-16 counterparts.

That may be true, but they still need more. Quantity has a quality all its own, and PAF has something they don't have, that will make their decision makers sit and think - actual combat experience against a competent enemy.

Now it makes sense that we will sign something like that plus Army or men and someone will pay for it.
This makes sense but let us shut up and let the deal go through.

You maybe providing military or something else for these countries

UAE pilots are no where even close to Pakistani pilots. Yes their planes do the flying for them but the generation trained by the Pakistanis didn’t even bother waking up early enough to do early dawn flying. Someone I know mentioned that they would often refuse to fly if it was too hot outside. This was 10 years back so I don’t know if somehow Americans gave them growth hormones to become better than us.

GUYS ANY VALID SOURCE about F-16 blk 70 deal ??

Or its just a some one dreaming and open thread Pk is getting F-16 blk 70 ..!! and here all people are cheersing we got it blah blah..!! :lazy2::lazy2:

now after current developments is it still possible .... ???

Currently developments are out of every ones control. No one can predict what is going to happen. Except the guys sitting in GHQ.

People couldn't digest the new 18~24 units I said, and you have come up with 36, and a US$8bn price tag - Oh boy.

Nonetheless, hypothetically speaking, even if 36units were approved, which has not happened so far, the figure would not exceed $6~$7bn max. $2bn (approx) being the actual cost of the a/c's

Pakistan's deal for 36 new F-16s was estimated at $5.1B in 2005. The figure of $8B has been quoted to the government in the case if we get no concessions, offset contracts or FMS support fund. I find it believable.

120D's are coming in larger qtys, than 120C7.

IAF will never be able to eat PAF, before Sept or after. The are other things in the equation.

I highly doubt they will release the Delta version. If you are certain then maybe my source didn't want me to get too excited.

I still am baffled how when our economy is tanked we are all even considering these purchases??

These purchases go a long way. Just look at Block 15s. Still serving with grace after 35 years.

Last edited:
UAE pilots are no where even close to Pakistani pilots. Yes their planes do the flying for them but the generation trained by the Pakistanis didn’t even bother waking up early enough to do early dawn flying. Someone I know mentioned that they would often refuse to fly if it was too hot outside. This was 10 years back so I don’t know if somehow Americans gave them growth hormones to become better than us.
Waking up and smelling the coffee, would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom