What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree, we cant just say that we dont want it any more plus it also have tot.
With all due respect, I would like to remind you that all these defense cooperation between Pakistan and Turkey, not just a shopping.

Why you concern, its not your (Indian) concern, its comes from professional member who has a inside information @cloud4000

The topic is interesting, that's all. But since these weapons are meant to use against one country, Indian concern is a valid one, whether you like it or not.

#dehati aurat ka rona

India's rona was quite effective when Pakistan tried to acquire the second batch of F-16 Blk52s. I remembered reading post after post on PDF saying how it was a done deal and that the F-16s were guaranteed by President Obama himself. Then there was the vote in Congress, which denied US funding for the aircraft.

(Note: Congress approved the sale of the aircraft to Pakistan, just not the funding.)

It turned it was Pakistan that was doing the rona, blaming the Indian lobby.

This Indian lobby hasn't fallen asleep and is working assiduously to derail any deal that will change the balance of power in South Asia.

The president has a veto power... ouch !!!

What are you talking about? Congress will either agree or disagree with Trump on selling/giving arms to Pakistan. Trump's veto threat has nothing to do with anything.

F35 ? I doubt it

The longer this thread gets, the more delusional the posts. Now F-35 is in the picture. Why stop there? Go ask for the F-22 while you are at it.

I think comparing our us relations to china is insane and both cant be put into the same category.. Us needs us now we can get something in return not so sure about the future us policy in south asia where as with china we have had a decades long relationship which has been expanding due to cpec its not loke that we started to go to china after us ditched us we have had good relationship with them before that
We must think what are the terms of CPEC and how they benefit Pakistan. If the loan and tariffs rate do not help Pakistan then what? On the other hand I do not think Pakistan will sacrifice her relations for some F16 with China, unless China is doing something which is against Pakistani interests. Pakistani is in an economic crunch and China has no plans for giving long term soft loans as it appears.If China wanted to they would have done. But everybody watches their interests first and Chinese are more in the mode of taking than giving and this is my personal opinion.
Guess what options are left then in this time of crunch?
What Pakistan will offer to US which are attractive to US? There are three offers Pak provide.
1-Afghan peace deal
2-Some recognition to Israel with concessions for Palestine in exchange of
3-Give up nukes
Number 3 is a no no, number 2 if handled smartly but opposition will exploit people for uprising. However if Pakistani people are smart it can be used for helping Palestine cause.
Number 1 is a go

We gave China a port and a lot of land let us see if we can benefit out of it or it was a bad financial deal?
REMEMBER NOTHING IS FREE NOT EVEN FROM CHINA.

Turkey and US relations are slightly less than normal and I can assure you about this

Turkey has the money and even Nato members and partner in manufacturing. So what happened there?
Trump is not happy the way they lost turkey there one of the best ally of decades.. If u read his last statement he admitted we did not handled them well... Now this is why i sadi time is best for pak to get our favorite toys.. US cant afford to lose pak at this time... And if we had money wr can buy even F-35..

In the near future you will see some Roketsan products customized for Pakistan. These technologies will also be gradually transferred to Pakistan. At the same time, Pakistan will operate a platform that can be customized and authorized for all other ammunition groups that it is running with its own resources or procuring from China.

If the attack helicopter deal is going to be trashed, I hope Pakistan can achieve a more independent platform which is worth the decision. But if you ask me, it shouldn't be a US product.

I can understand , Pakistan and Turkey's standing together can start creating a frightening possibility for someones . Because these strategic partnerships will ensure the standardization of the Turkish and Pakistani armies in the long term and strengthen the common perspective in terms of politics.
The issue is with ATAK not ATAK II. Pakistan would convert this deal to that but once we have received AH-1Z and AH-1W.

Moreover TFX, Frigates and other deals would continue as planed.

The topic is interesting, that's all. But since these weapons are meant to use against one country, Indian concern is a valid one, whether you like it or not.

India's rona was quite effective when Pakistan tried to acquire the second batch of F-16 Blk52s. I remembered reading post after post on PDF saying how it was a done deal and that the F-16s were guaranteed by President Obama himself. Then there was the vote in Congress, which denied US funding for the aircraft.

(Note: Congress approved the sale of the aircraft to Pakistan, just not the funding.)

It turned it was Pakistan that was doing the rona, blaming the Indian lobby.

This Indian lobby hasn't fallen asleep and is working assiduously to derail any deal that will change the balance of power in South Asia.

What are you talking about? Congress will either agree or disagree with Trump on selling/giving arms to Pakistan. Trump's veto threat has nothing to do with anything.

The longer this thread gets, the more delusional the posts. Now F-35 is in the picture. Why stop there? Go ask for the F-22 while you are at it.
I am not asking you are quoting the wrong guy

Trump is not happy the way they lost turkey there one of the best ally of decades.. If u read his last statement he admitted we did not handled them well... Now this is why i sadi time is best for pak to get our favorite toys.. US cant afford to lose pak at this time... And if we had money wr can buy even F-35..
F35 not coming

If Khafee leaks are true then we can say good bye to ATAK.... Americans will probably offer us store airframes to make sure we back away from Turkish purchase. There is no one to blame for this than the Turkish President and his policies . They are suicidal to say the least for his own defence industry. We can easily save 1.5 billion dollars and get upgraded super cobras which will more than match any capability from the Turkish copter.
The AH-1Z and ATAK were supposed to be a heavy/light combo. If the Zulus are coming, then working out a bypass over the US-Turkey standoff is possible. E.g., TAI can set up an assembly line at PAC for the ATAK, and PAC can buy the CTS-800 turboshaft directly from the US, and then fit the engine on PAA ATAKs in Pakistan.

The issue with ATAK T-129 is that it uses the same engine as the AH-1Z hence it was a very wise purchase at that time. ATAK offered PAC to start its own helicopter industry hence initially only 30 were ordered with a hope of having an other 60-70 that would have been make in PAC. Also it was hoped that PAC could find other orders over the years and that would make it easier to upgrade and continue with the production line. A very cost effective product could have been achieved.

Still ATAK T129 BlockII the heavier version could be preferred over the Z-10 provided Turkey is able to produce a trustable engine locally. Remember that India has purchased Apache which need to be countered.

The blunder with Turkey is that they have an impulsive President. Otherwise the Turkish F-35's would have been delivered.
IMO Pakistan should play a waiting game for the time in regards to Turkish Products.

However with the present situation USA is not going to allow any other country to sell their arms rather would go to great lengths in providing their own technology. This is why Trump is trying to find ways in which US arms can be sold which are produced mostly in USA not abroad. Lockheed Martin has tried its level best to provide solution to its failed F-35 project but the DOD wants to sustain this project as it has poured too much of the public funds and they can not reopen production of F22 again.

If India would have continued with the T-50 project with Russia then PAF would have been getting the F-35 by now.

IMO Pakistan should try to acquire engine manufacturing capability in regards to both F-16 and AH-1Z so that PAF can have expertise and self reliance.
PAF should also now consider the T-50FA as first choice for LIFT along with its GE-404 engine manufacturing setup.

Please read the above reply..

Please read my above reply..
ATAK and Zulus use different turboshaft platforms.

In the near future you will see some Roketsan products customized for Pakistan. These technologies will also be gradually transferred to Pakistan. At the same time, Pakistan will operate a platform that can be customized and authorized for all other ammunition groups that it is running with its own resources or procuring from China.

If the attack helicopter deal is going to be trashed, I hope Pakistan can achieve a more independent platform which is worth the decision. But if you ask me, it shouldn't be a US product.

I can understand , Pakistan and Turkey's standing together can start creating a frightening possibility for someones . Because these strategic partnerships will ensure the standardization of the Turkish and Pakistani armies in the long term and strengthen the common perspective in terms of politics.
That deal is not going to trash can.

Saudis are using which system to intercept projectiles fired from Yemen? is it PAC-2 or -3?

PAC-3 is good against Fighter jets / aircrafts not against BMs, for that PAC-3 MSE comes in which have much better engagement envelope, but when it comes to tackle BMs THAAD is monster specially THAAD-ER and US will not sell them to Pakistan, max PAC-3MSE may be possible for Pakistan.

https://missiledefenseadvocacy.org/...rcept-systems/patriot-missile-defense-system/

The AH-1Z and ATAK were supposed to be a heavy/light combo. If the Zulus are coming, then working out a bypass over the US-Turkey standoff is possible. E.g., TAI can set up an assembly line at PAC for the ATAK, and PAC can buy the CTS-800 turboshaft directly from the US, and then fit the engine on PAA ATAKs in Pakistan.

ATAK and Zulus use different turboshaft platforms.
I somehow think US is more likely to give engines directly to Turkey for us instead of giving them to us to install on the choppers. I think they would only be concerned about the end use but not who handles or installs the engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom