What's new

PAF can counter India’s new war doctrine, says air chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abbottabad OBL operation. :wave:

Stealth helo's.. Nap of earth flight..massive loopholes in the west.
Please keep smart alec comments to yourself unless you are willing to elaborate.

After that statement I truly have no regard left for you.
alll your talk of engineering and "understanding" of T/R modules and what not comes to naught by this little revelation.

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

Then why make statements such as that in the first place as your countrymen are very eager to boast all about it without granting an inch to any hardware fielded by the PAF.. accusing us of hypocrisy when one stinks of it is not fair is it now?

It works both ways sir...If someone makes an audacious claim then does that mean we match him word by word??? JF-17 is a new bird in PAF arsenal...Like MKI's they are being made look larger then life...Anyhow we are again giving too much focus to MKI's....That's not the only bird we have...so let's get back to topic...

dont you think defeat is defeat??no comments to hide it or reason ;)

I think rubbing in off topic ideas with a cynical cheap intent should be rewarded with infractions.

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

What kind of loophole? Ain't ground based radar supposed to give 360 degree coverage, given that Abotabad has an airport ?

Who says there is a radar at Abt?
As usual.. pulling conclusions out of thin air.
Doesn't the sea radar on IN ships give 360 coverage.. how did those terrorists get into Mumbai then..
I think the IN has crappy ships just because of that.

dont you think defeat is defeat??no comments to hide it or reason ;)
Now you are pushing it too far...those are not excuses but reasons they failed to detect the copters....he is not denying that they missed the copters....b/w it is common sense that till now only India was eternal enemy and did not have any reasons to worry about dangers from west....which means that there is high probability that there are no such loopholes for our taking....

Now you are pushing it too far...those are not excuses but reasons they failed to detect the copters....he is not denying that they missed the copters....b/w it is common sense that till now only India was eternal enemy and did not have any reasons to worry about dangers from west....which means that there is high probability that there are no such loopholes for our taking....

i agree but i also gave reasons for 62 ;)
leave it..

After that statement I truly have no regard left for you.
alll your talk of engineering and "understanding" of T/R modules and what not comes to naught by this little revelation.

Sir

I said what I knew with my limited knowledge... I am No Engineer would tell you when I become one... degree aside...
The Semi-Active Radar Homing is thing of Past... Sir such missiles are vulnerable to be Jammed easily... would like to know which version of Aspide your AF fields or Its Kinematic characteristics... Since most of the countries have or are replacing the Semi-Active seekers with better Active ones... I specifically mentioned SAP-14 and SAP-518 in the post you deleted...

Thanks

It works both ways sir...If someone makes an audacious claim then does that mean we match him word by word??? JF-17 is a new bird in PAF arsenal...Like MKI's they are being made look larger then life...Anyhow we are again giving too much focus to MKI's....That's not the only bird we have...so let's get back to topic...

There will always be over-the-top claims by members.
What is not appreciated though.. is a parroting of such claims by members.

To get back to the topic. .. and starting with the MKI's(since contrary to all expectations I love the bird)..
Its ability to use its massive range to bypass defenses on the western front demands some hypothetical scenarios.

The topic = "PAF can counter India’s new war doctrine, says air chief "

1. And what's that doctrine???

CSD.

2. What India will do in it??

India for the very first time of India-pak war history India will attack pakistan.

3. Who will have moment of Surprise, Shock and awe advantage????

India, India and India.

4. What PAF will be facing?????

About 300 Su 30 MKIs + 126 Rafele + Numinous other fighters like MiG-29 (upgraded) about 50 + Dassault Mirage 2000 (upgraded) about 50 + SEPECAT Jaguar about 90 to say the least.

5. What will happen if IAF launches its attack something opposite will happen of what MastanKhan have said in few pages back.

PAF can't face such a brutal, superior both in numerically and technically and lethal attack.

About half of the PAf will be wiped out.

6. Remember its CSD so it will be limited and we will initiate it.

7. No, china is not a factor as before china can act it will be all over.

Now, carry on debate with these points. :pop:

Who says there is a radar at Abt?
As usual.. pulling conclusions out of thin air.
Doesn't the sea radar on IN ships give 360 coverage.. how did those terrorists get into Mumbai then..
I think the IN has crappy ships just because of that.

As far as we know or should know there is a Military school in the class of IMA Dehradun here...
Sir

The Chinooks also flew in Pakistan and the V-22 took the body while flying over balochistan.. but thats a different thing..
Please take a glass of clod water...
It has got nothing to do with Radars or coverage... don't fall in bait...

Please keep smart alec comments to yourself unless you are willing to elaborate.

1. So u think that IAF have its helos for show case and they will not be utilized in war???????

2. Do u remember what US of A have done to wipe out Iraqi SAM and Radar network????????

Sir

Although SH is more advanced in BVR and EW than a F-16 Version.. with more weapon carrying capability.. It is not as good a dog-fighter as compared with F-16s without CFTs... although It would stand a better Chance against a MKI with APG-79 and the combat would look more on even grounds... but again the persistence of your Airforce with single engine planes is also a big factor here..

this is spot on.

but still an an unguarded opening is an opening that can be made use of by any enemy!!!!

Even if there were loop holes, it would be extremely hard for India to exploit them. If we set the operation in Abbotabad as a benchmark to carry out a strike in Pakistan, than i am sorry to say there is no other nation in the world that can imitate what the US did. The US is decades ahead when it comes to her military machine. No nation in the world can field stealth helos and the level of sophistication/training that US forces can execute.

1. So u think that IAF have its helos for show case and they will not be utilized in war???????

2. Do u remember what US of A have done to wipe out Iraqi SAM and Radar network????????

Sir

The fellow is not in great mood... avoid the furry and leave the OBL thing...
While in mountainous terrain there are Gasps no matter what ever radar coverage you provide.. simply due to the terrain...
And the Govt. there didn't have any option even If they knew what was happening.. since must have known when Chinooks took the soldiers and OBL from Abottabad and V-22 carried his dead body via balochistan in the morning hour...
Active use to EW can also not be ignored as the Radar operator reported 4-6 SH on the Radar screen near the Afghan border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom