What's new

PAF can counter India’s new war doctrine, says air chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my sincere doubts about that. That would equate to Tajikistan declaring war on Pakistan, a nuclear power. I am sure the Tajiks love you guys but not that much that they will be willing to go to war for you guys.

That Base is being Militarized for certain reasons... Earlier It was said that 12 Mig29 baaz would be based there but due to the requirements of mainland India... I don't think that would happen...weather or not It would be used against Pakistan is a different thing... you have to keep in Mind that Russians are also basing their Bombers in good Numbers there .. so any attack or retaliation by Pakistan Might be taken as a war on Russian Federation too... Its better left here since currently only transport helicopters and planes are based and they are repairing the facility to house combat jets in good Number.. when they base It we can talk about that..

Logistically, Geo-politically i don't see that base serve any purpose other than helping in Kandahar like operations....Anything flying from Tajikistan and violating Pak Air-space, i have little doubts in my mind that PAF will take it out

In case of a war.. do think the PAF can afford to divert Its resources from the Indian Border on East... don't forget about Russians... their planes are currently based there and continue to be there in future too... I don't think PAF would fancy going to a place where S-300, Gheko and Pantsir SAMs are placed.... IMO that place is better left for an all out war... since in limited conflicts you don't show your Aces... but preserve them for the worst to follow..

what was PAF doing when america took out laden inside pakistan.....before that Pakistan said said it can never happen as well

Read the thread title again to comprehend the debate at hand, hence whenever India did feel adventurous, it was given a decisive response....one such example when an Israeli made, IAF UAV conducted an air violation in the middle of the night during the 2002 stand off.
The bogey was intercepted and shot down by an F-16, making it one of the first kill of the kind....following is the events of that night.

2PAFF-16nightscramble.jpg

3PAFF-16nightscramble.jpg

6WreckageofshotdownIAFUAVnearLahore.jpg

Courtesy : Air Directorate ISPR
v

Off course we don't have any thing other than a few helicopters and that base is better left until any substantial development take place in our weapon acquisition... and procurement...

Although the Russians have been keeping their Su bombers there but they too have future prospects in Mind... I don't think PAF would risk a war against Russians by bombing their planes... while they are already fighting against India... They are only getting stronger and the economy is not the same as It was in 90s.. you saw what happened In Georgia... Until there is strong backing of US forces in Afghanistan... I don't see why they would not retaliate... China would still be far from joining the Action.

As said earlier...unless and until Russia has given an assurance of some kind that they will protect the base i don't see any way IAF using this base for assault on Pakistan. Pak will have perfect and justified reason to respond back and no Russia cannot simply join the war..Once ruskies are in this war will no longer be b/w just us....International players will step in...though depending upon the clout of India at that time we might be able to convince them, still in the present context i will put my money on this base being useful only for Kandahar like operations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom