What's new

PAF can counter India’s new war doctrine, says air chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISLAMABAD:

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF), in a significant move, has equipped the newly renovated Jacobabad airbase with close to three dozen F-16s, including the advanced Block 52+ version of the aircraft.
Pakistan has spent over $3.75 billion on both the revamping of Jacobabad airbase and the acquisition of new planes, officials told The Express Tribune. The air force is in a better position to encounter any threats after acquiring the new F-16s which are capable of carrying nuclear weapons, they added.
Defence analyst Lt General (retd) Talat Masood said this was a significant development especially as it had come months after the Americans had quit the airbase. Masood, however, warned of a shift in the strategic balance of the region, saying “India’s new aircraft deal with France would leave Pakistan far behind”. For all intents and purposes, he said, Pakistan should continue its cooperation with the US to enhance its defence capability. “Pakistan and the US are reciprocal when it comes to regional stability in South Asia,” he added.
India is all set to reach an agreement with France over the purchase of 126 medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA) costing over $12 billion, making it the largest international defence deal by value in recent years, according to Indian media. Chief of Air Staff Rao Qamar Suleman and Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani had formally announced the completion of Jacobabad Airbase on February 12. The Chief of Air Staff said that all American personnel, including the Training Support Team for the new F-16s, have left after training PAF pilots and other technical staff.
“The new F-16 Block 52 fleet will pave the way for establishing the balance of power in the region,” said General Kayani.
“This airbase is now the largest platform for modern aircraft capable of carrying nuclear weapons,” a senior PAF official told The Express Tribune. “It’s an outcome of years long cooperation between Pakistan and the US.”
Pakistan had purchased 18 new F-16 Block 52+ aircraft, while 14 used F-16s were supplied free of charge by the US. The US Training Support Team consisted of over 200 personnel, including staff to train PAF personnel on making the aircraft operational. PAF has also recruited over 4, 000 employees for the newly renovated strategic airbase which is located close to the western frontier bordering both Iran and Afghanistan.

Boosting air defence: F-16s replace Americans at Jacobabad airbase – The Express Tribune

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

one of the reason why pakistan doesnt want to leave US systems:woot:

the assumption to repeat the OBL style operation and use the "still existing" (assumption) holes in the radar coverage can only hold true if the Pakistani military has not addressed that issue (specially due to Indian bases in Tajikistan).

so indeed IAF will be even able to conduct missions in its propeller based aeroplanes from the West of Pakistan if that side is not protected and covered like the East side is.

only time will tell
until then let the fanboys fart loud and high

I am not sure why we are talking about any attack from western side....There are no MIg-29's stationed at Tajikistan..So far i have not seen any confirmation of that....No one is foolish to get involved in a war and face the wrath of nuclear power(read Pak), so Tajikistan will not allow an IAF onslaught...and if at all then PAF can very well take care of the Air-base...As far as my post is concerned then i am talking about any holes in your eastern side, i doubt there will be similar one's but if there are then surely it is asking for trouble...

I am not sure why we are talking about any attack from western side....There are no MIg-29's stationed at Tajikistan..So far i have not seen any confirmation of that....No one is foolish to get involved in a war and face the wrath of nuclear power(read Pak), so Tajikistan will not allow an IAF onslaught...and if at all then PAF can very well take care of the Air-base...As far as my post is concerned then i am talking about any holes in your eastern side, i doubt there will be similar one's but if there are then surely it is asking for trouble...

Sir ji

I agree with your post.
but check the posts of some your fellow Indians hence I thought I just clarify.

I hope your post is read by one particular fanboy, whenever there is a good discussion between Indians and Pakistanis about anything, he will throw in some pointless boast to degrade the thread.

do consider this though that PAF chief went through almost every possible argument that has been put by serious Indian posters here that why they think that IAF will overwhelm PAF. but still he said what he said
so there are only two possibilities that

1- given the capabilities that are public knowledge and the ones that are not, he is right
2- he is lying and bluffing and making the Indians to say things out of arrogance, and then use it to prepare accordingly.

tell you what more than 90% of the intelligence material is collected from public sources and what the loose lips let out without knowing what they are saying.

this is why we immediately delete stuff which someone from our side says by mistake but rest assured we read and thank the Indian fanboys when they post stuff because they heard it from their papa ;)

so there are only two possibilities that

1- given the capabilities that are public knowledge and the ones that are not, he is right
2- he is lying and bluffing and making the Indians to say things out of arrogance, and then use it to prepare accordingly.

Sometime what happens, all these media guys put words their mouth for sensational news. They ask questions in such a way that they already have the answer for their questions.

And it is easy to predict how armed forces people will speak...across the world.

You are assuming that the SAm does not have the ability to resume a lock..
The Spada is not long range.. maximum time to engagement is less than a minute.
Pirouettes and dancing across the sky will not break a lock on a dual track and guidance radar.

Sir,

The little range gives very less chance and The aircraft zooms away... Normally The aircraft would eliminate the SPADA Radar from stand off range in this scenario... tanks to better Sensors both EMW and IR and weapons... And that's not exactly dancing... ask a pilot he'll tell you why...

Actually in this lock breaking and resuming thing we lost the real point raised.. what other systems does PAF has to counter IAF from ground.. and how much coverage can 10 batteries of SPADA provide to strategic Installations key military bases... air fields... Mechanized positions and Fuel storage.

In Pakistan's case, everything India has will work perfectly, no question of missing the target at all but when IAF comes, our sysems will malfunction big time... Bottom line is, India wins, case closed. no sleep deep.

Sir,

The little range gives very less chance and The aircraft zooms away... Normally The aircraft would eliminate the SPADA Radar from stand off range in this scenario... tanks to better Sensors both EMW and IR and weapons... And that's not exactly dancing... ask a pilot he'll tell you why...

Actually in this lock breaking and resuming thing we lost the real point raised.. what other systems does PAF has to counter IAF from ground.. and how much coverage can 10 batteries of SPADA provide to strategic Installations key military bases... air fields... Mechanized positions and Fuel storage.

now that will be telling and I hope this information is not posted here by mistake or just to boast about it

In Pakistan's case, everything India has will work perfectly, no question of missing the target at all but when IAF comes, our sysems will malfunction big time... Bottom line is, India wins, case closed. no sleep deep.

lets have cease fire here and close it

he is making a data base of whatever information he gets from internet forums because this is the easiest way of getting something otherwise even we rarely hear anything about assets and developments.

No body said It won't work.. but the system is not on par with what the other sides field and the Number is also too.. little.. to successfully stop the aggression..

The main motive was to point out the obvious flaw which PAF has Ignored with time and are still Ignoring... the Anti-Air defense systems.. where as It has been one of the areas where Prime development has been Shown by All three branches of Indian Armed forces....

Feel free to disagree...

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

No body said It won't work.. but the system is not on par with what the other sides field and the Number is also too.. little.. to successfully stop the aggression..

The main motive was to point out the obvious flaw which PAF has Ignored with time and are still Ignoring... the Anti-Air defense systems.. where as It has been one of the areas where Prime development has been Shown by All three branches of Indian Armed forces....

Feel free to disagree...

now that will be telling and I hope this information is not posted here by mistake or just to boast about it

That could've been an estimate... No one is leaking secrets here.. I guess.. and certainly our militaries know more about each other than any one of us Here.. strategies, doctrines aswell as weapon systems and Installations... except for a little percentage... This is no WWII or early cold war that an surprise weapon would popup.... and that too in huge numbers.. the scientific and the Industrial infrastructure does not permit as such... so don't worry much... those my daddy said or my cousin's friend said are white lies most of the time to boost themselves rather than military secrets... the ones who know are generally more responsible.

he is making a data base of whatever information he gets from internet forums because this is the easiest way of getting something otherwise even we rarely hear anything about assets and developments.

Sir

I am no RAW agent sorry but Conspiracy theories don't work on our side neither any nerd who feeds on military data of your country... they have better ways like satellite surveillance, field officers and airborne surveillance to know about such things... It is not long time when the Migs were doing sonic-booms over your capital city.

Sir ji

I agree with your post.

That base is there with a Specific purpose at present No Armed flying thing is there with IAF/IA markings but they would soon have it... and that won't be just for show... There were reports about using the Russian Su30/Mig29 which are kept in Reserves from those base on lease by our Air force pilots.. until we have enough equipment to keep of our own.

I know, i was getting tempted to answer this part of the post but than decided to refrain from it. Little do these guys know is that SPADA is not the only SAM in our inventory, there is plenty more but thats classified so lets keep it to ourselves and not give out any information by accident.

That base is there with a Specific purpose at present No Armed flying thing is there with IAF/IA markings but they would soon have it... and that won't be just for show... There were reports about using the Russian Su30/Mig29 which are kept in Reserves from those base on lease by our Air force pilots.. until we have enough equipment to keep of our own.

I have my sincere doubts about that. That would equate to Tajikistan declaring war on Pakistan, a nuclear power. I am sure the Tajiks love you guys but not that much that they will be willing to go to war for you guys.

I know, i was getting tempted to answer this part of the post but than decided to refrain from it. Little do these guys know is that SPADA is not the only SAM in our inventory, there is plenty more but thats classified so lets keep it to ourselves and not give out any information by accident.

about classified weaponry,have you ever wondered what Indian establishment has u its sleeve, k100 novator, R37 Arrow etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom