What's new

PAF can counter India’s new war doctrine, says air chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
And please don't overlook Chinese factor here who will play decisive role in PAF's future weapon systems and platforms. F-16s Block 52 is most high-tech weapon in PAF only till induction of FC-20. Don't read American wekileaks too much!

i think its quite wrong to say the FC-20 which is the J-10A export variant for the PAF is more capable than the F-16 BLK52 which is actually combat proven and mature with capable weapons and avionics whereas J-10 has not even been used in combat.

But that is exactly what the new Indian Armed Forces strategy is, fight an intense/short war and avoid a long static battle. You are exactly proving the point that everyone over here is trying to advocate, that PAF is more than enough to defend itself in a short intense war. A war that is longer than a week is going to raise the nuclear threshold.

Thats the one line answer to Cold Start. Making assumptions based on speed, mobilization and strike power of fighting forces can yield better results on paper, but things are very complex in real world. If CSD is really a doctrine for war, then the opponents deserve equal worth too. Deployment of tactical nuclear weapons in the war theater are itself game changer.

Thats the one line answer to Cold Start. Making assumptions based on speed, mobilization and strike power of fighting forces can yield better results on paper, but things are very complex in real world. If CSD is really a doctrine for war, then the opponents deserve equal worth too. Deployment of tactical nuclear weapons in the war theater are itself game changer.

Don't want to digress the discussion but bold part is far from truth...Tactical nuclear weapons bring nothing that is not already out there...It in fact falls in the same comment of yours which is "it can provide better results on paper but things are very complex in real world"!!!

But that is exactly what the new Indian Armed Forces strategy is, fight an intense/short war and avoid a long static battle. You are exactly proving the point that everyone over here is trying to advocate, that PAF is more than enough to defend itself in a short intense war. A war that is longer than a week is going to raise the nuclear threshold.

No doubt PAF can hold their grounds for a short conflict...Whosoever is advocating otherwise is making a fool of himself... Bold part is not necessarily true but just for the sale of discussion i go with it...However what most members here are not thinkning through is how deep IBG are going to Penetrate in pakistan..In short what is the theater where PAF and IAF will lock their horns.....Is it deep inside Pakistan Air-Space, is it more close to the border, is it a mix of both, is it going to be simulataneous attacks both from sea and land etc etc....There are plethora of permutations and combinations but as said in the opening line PAF is not a force to go down easily...

we should now get over F 16 and think for something else

No doubt PAF can hold their grounds for a short conflict...Whosoever is advocating otherwise is making a fool of himself... Bold part is not necessarily true but just for the sale of discussion i go with it...However what most members here are not thinkning through is how deep IBG are going to Penetrate in pakistan..In short what is the theater where PAF and IAF will lock their horns.....Is it deep inside Pakistan Air-Space, is it more close to the border, is it a mix of both, is it going to be simulataneous attacks both from sea and land etc etc....There are plethora of permutations and combinations but as said in the opening line PAF is not a force to go down easily...

It all boils down to how far the Indian Armed Forces are willing to go. Looking at the posture of Indian General Staff and senior Indian politicians, its quite clear that the politicians are pursuing a policy to avoid a war and keep a leash on Indian Generals. Indian policy makers are quite well aware of the balance of power that exists in the region because this conflict will be like none other seen before. Both nations are in possession of cluster bombs, stand off weapons, precision guided munitions, ballistic and cruise missiles. If God forbid a conflict does take place; it will make 65, 71 and Kargil look like a play fight.

Don't want to digress the discussion but bold part is far from truth...Tactical nuclear weapons bring nothing that is not already out there...It in fact falls in the same comment of yours which is "it can provide better results on paper but things are very complex in real world"!!!

It does bring something very valuable to the table my friend. It allows PA to wipe off an IA brigade without activating the MAD scenario. A tactical strike means that Pakistan has reached its nuclear threshold level and the next strike will be a strategic one if Indian brigades continue to advance.

Back to the topic, i will share a little secret with some of my fellow Pakistani brothers. Since we are talking about the numbers that PAF will be fielding, don't be surprised that additional 2-3 squadrons arrive for Pakistan in case of hostilities.

i think its quite wrong to say the FC-20 which is the J-10A export variant for the PAF is more capable than the F-16 BLK52 which is actually combat proven and mature with capable weapons and avionics whereas J-10 has not even been used in combat.
And how can you say that? lolz.. no body is fully aware of EW/ECM/ECCM suits of JF and here we are talking about FC-20 ... In its third block, even JF-17 will surpass Block-52 and that is planned in 2016 ... Now think really hard, if proposed FC-20 will also have similar systems then what is the point of getting this fighter in the first place? There is all speculations, no one is aware what FC-20 is actually and i would like to keep it in that way as long as PAF can do to keep enemy in ambiguity.

Using nuclear weapons on Pakistan by India is big diploma defeat. Even small war will not achieve anything for us. Current status que suits very to us. From last few years, pak just got weaker only. And I don't look them before elections. Recent senete hearing regarding balochistan is in line with our expections. So all Indian friends just enjoy this tamasha from the balcony.

Re PAK shaheen.

And how can you say that? lolz.. no body is fully aware of EW/ECM/ECCM suits of JF

I ASSUME WE ARE TALKING chinease origin EW/ECM/ECCM hardware exculsively

versis

Predominately ISRAELI & FRENCH systems on the indian fighters ie su30mki mirage2000 and jaguar.

And how can you say that? lolz.. no body is fully aware of EW/ECM/ECCM suits of JF and here we are talking about FC-20 ... In its third block, even JF-17 will surpass Block-52 and that is planned in 2016 ... Now think really hard, if proposed FC-20 will also have similar systems then what is the point of getting this fighter in the first place? There is all speculations, no one is aware what FC-20 is actually and i would like to keep it in that way as long as PAF can do to keep enemy in ambiguity.

FC-20 specs are not even known yet for all we know it is a export variant for the PAF of the J-10a realize buddy that J-10 and JF-17 are not combat proven the F-16 is the worlds best dog fighter hands down without a doubt you know why? because of its rich combat experience i'm sure the well trained PAF has realized this too and has capitalized on training its pilots in that. if there is one threat the IAF faces from PAF it is a dog fight scenario with a PAF F-16 BLK52

FC-20 specs are not even known yet for all we know it is a export variant for the PAF of the J-10a realize buddy that J-10 and JF-17 are not combat proven the F-16 is the worlds best dog fighter hands down without a doubt you know why? because of its rich combat experience i'm sure the well trained PAF has realized this too and has capitalized on training its pilots in that. if there is one threat the IAF faces from PAF it is a dog fight scenario with a PAF F-16 BLK52

We have the best dog fighters as well. :enjoy:

i'm have no doubt the PAF is very well trained in dog fighting because they're prior training modules focused heavily on that since PAF had no good capable BVR missiles to train with until only now when they procured the AMRAAM C5 and the less capable SD-10... IAF has better experience in BVR combat (at least 20 years more) though with R77 and R73 missiles.

Hi,
Economic , Military Gap Is Widening Every Year, I Think Current Status Que Suits Us!

@Topic
IAF Is Getting Rafale , FGFA , Super Sukhois , LCA Mk1,2 , Upgraded Mirages and Mig29's By 2020. Also Not To Forget That MRCA Will Comes With 100% ToT Including SPECTRA , AESA Which Will Further Help US To Develop AMCA.

I Think AMCA Will Incorporate Technology AND Experience From T-50 , LCA and MRCA 100% ToT.
Remember Failures Are The Pillars Of Success (-:
Thankx,

^^^ do not underestimate the PAF they could very much hold their own for a good week or two especially since in a war scenario IAF fighters would be fighting battles in Pak airspace rather in Indian airspace which means IAF aircraft more prone to interception by air or by ground SAM units.

Hi, I Think Your Post Is NOT a Appropriate Reply To Mine.
I Am Not Underestimating Anything Here....Only Said "Current Status Que Suits Us!" Please Read Carefully
Thankx,

Hi,

Absolutely---at the end of the day---it is the fight in the dog that counts the most.

Another thing is that we are entering the unpredictable arena of Awacs and BVR warfare---the losses are not predictable at this stage---. But eventually the losses from day 1 to day 5 will determinethe direction of air war---.

It is going to be a 'chicken' fight----who blinks first----.

And to you indians----it is not the amount of losses that you can take---it is how many su30's that you may lose that may decide the direction of the battle----an all out no holds barred war or take a step back and re-think the priorities.

If su 30 is a success---it will be quick----but if su 30 hits a brick wall----then you will be having major bouts of nervousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom