PAF can counter India’s new war doctrine, says air chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're forgetting this :D

Indian_Sword_Fish_Radar_System.gif

If placed in Delhi, can theoretically track the airspace of Kabul. :lol:

If I am not wrong its Super green Pine not green pine

Free Soul

Can i confirm YOU SUGGESTED parity with IAF (in other words PAF has parity or near parity with IAF)

TODAY in know

PAF has 63 F16 (INCLUDING 18 BLOCK 52) + 40 THUNDERS = 103 4th gen fighters
v
150 su30mki + 80 MIG29M/SMT/K + 51 MIRAGE 2000 = 280 4 GEN FIGHTERS

3-1 RATIO in favour of IAF " IS THIS PARITY" in you eyes

I think Free Soul meant tactical parity, since there is no way that all 280 IAF 4th Gen fighters can be deployed into the same theater. Where as in a defensive role all 103 PAF 4th Gen fighters would be in theater by default. The same rule applies in terms of supporting assets like AWACs, Tankers...etc.

If I am not wrong its Super green Pine not green pine

Yes, super green pine (800-900KM). Also India had original two Green Pine (500KM) in 2002 from Israel.

54981064.jpg

53293464.jpg

Swordfish is an Indian Long range tracking radar specifically developed to counter ballistic missile threat. It will be a part of India's ballistic missile program. First testing of this radar was in March 2009. Main aim of the test was to validate the capabilities of the indigenously developed Swordfish Long Range Tracking Radar (LRTR). "The missile to be hit will be fired from a longer distance than it was in the earlier test. DRDO tested whether the radar could track the incoming missile from that distance or not" said a member of the project.

Swordfish is an acknowledged derivative of the Israeli Green Pine long range radar, which is the critical component of that country's Arrow missile defence system. However, it differs from the Israeli system as it employs Indian Transmit Receive modules, signal processing, computers and power supplies. It is also more powerful than the base Green Pine system and was developed to meet India's specific BMD needs.

Pakistan must develop X-band Radar......

Yes, super green pine (800-900KM). Also India had original two Green Pine (500KM) in 2002 from Israel.

54981064.jpg

53293464.jpg

Pakistan must develop X-band Radar......

The one i posted is Swordfish Radar having range of around 1500km, mainly used to track Ballistic missiles.

The most important line in this ENTIRE THREAD IS the words of the PAF ACM

"JACOBABAD: Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman has said that the Pakistan Air Force can effectively counter India’s new war doctrine.

Talking to the media here at the Shahbaz Air Base, the air chief said PAF has modified its plan within the existing infrastructure in view of the new war doctrine of India. The Indian Air Force, he said, has been given a very crucial and critical role in India’s ‘Cold Start’ doctrine.

with this line the ACM. has acknowledged that CSD exists and the IAF is a crucial role player in implementing this strategy both today and definitely in the near future (ie rafale strike planes).

LONG RANGE STAND OFF WEAPONS will be IAF doctrine in CSD these may include

brahmos on su30mki
storm shadow on rafale
nirbhay on multiple platforms

for strike roles

meteore BVR & KS172 RAMJET BVRS for air defense

THERE WILL be A HUGE ONOUS ON IAF to avoid WVR dog fighting,, flying for too long in PAK AIR SPACE. this will avoid IAF losses to the minimum.

---------------------------

MY QUESTION is have PAF acquired the correct assets to fight a AIR POWER that wants to fight entirely BVR or from stand off weapons only...

The Swordfish LRTR currently has a range of 600 km (370 mi)-800 km (500 mi) km range and can spot objects as small as a cricket ball (2-inches in diameter), which the DRDO plans to upgrade to 1,500 km by 2011. These may end up as entirely new designs as well.

Still progress, it would take 3-5 years experiments.

I didn't see 1500KM, can you provide links I could read more. Israelis Super Green Pine is up to 800-900KM.

The Swordfish LRTR currently has a range of 600 km (370 mi)-800 km (500 mi) km range and can spot objects as small as a cricket ball (2-inches in diameter), which the DRDO plans to upgrade to 1,500 km by 2011.[2][3] These may end up as entirely new designs as well.

self delete

Indigenous version is in development, with Indian made T/R modules and home made processing unit, can detect a cricket ball sized target at a range of more than 1000 km.

They should build 7-8 more and should cover all of Tibetan, Pakistani, several territory of Indian ocean.

So much for their reduced RCS JF-17 with DSI air intake. :lol:

I UNDERSTAND SWORDFISH IS INDIAN VERSION OF GREEN PINE RADAR

Indigenous version is in development, with Indian made T/R modules and home made processing unit, can detect a cricket ball sized target at a range of more than 1000 km.

They should build 7-8 more and should cover all of Tibetan, Pakistani, several territory of Indian ocean.

So much for their reduced RCS JF-17 with DSI air intake. :lol:

Thanks, went thru' the article just now, BTW what could be the RCS on a cricket ball??:lol:

6a0133f38cb2c4970b015435996f59970c-800wi

Since these new systems inducted in India, do you think India will start immediately attack on Pakistan next year. Alas, a lion is sleeping well and relax a bit. (snoring...) :D

6a0133f38cb2c4970b015435996f59970c-800wi

Since these new systems inducted in India, do you think India will start immediately attack on Pakistan next year. Alas, a lion is sleeping well and relax a bit. (snoring...) :D

Just take all these newly inducted system as a home alarm system, in case a thief breaks in. We'll make sure he won't get back alive.

Kargil caught us snoring, learnt our lessons. :D

Free Soul

Can i confirm YOU SUGGESTED parity with IAF (in other words PAF has parity or near parity with IAF)

TODAY in know

PAF has 63 F16 (INCLUDING 18 BLOCK 52) + 40 THUNDERS = 103 4th gen fighters
v
150 su30mki + 80 MIG29M/SMT/K + 51 MIRAGE 2000 = 280 4 GEN FIGHTERS

3-1 RATIO in favour of IAF " IS THIS PARITY" in you eyes
odds have always been tilted towards Indian favour when it comes to just numbers. PAF held its own throughout
Please take in consideration defensive role, PAF role is to defend its air space complimented with Pak Army Crops of Air Defence. Light Artillery, surface to air missle defence system.
Parity in terms of being able to effectively counter any Doctrine IAF has to offer.

Please feel free to omit the word ‘Parity’ if you so wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom