What's new

PAF can counter India’s new war doctrine, says air chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go back to the drawing board and remind yourself what purpose are SAMS really for ...

How much would one missile cost and why wont the adversary be able to react ? :azn:

Talking about adversary, read this.

The S-300 system is regarded as one of the most potent anti-aircraft missile systems available. The system's radar is able to simultaneously track up to 100 targets while engaging up to 12. Deployment time for the S-300 is five minutes, and they have a very long life span, with no maintenance needed.

Report: Russia Sent Syria Advanced S-300 Missiles - Defense/Security - News - Israel National News

Couple of S-300 is enough to keep Israeli and US/NATO aircrafts out of Syrian airspace, adversary :rofl:

Talking about adversary, read this.

Couple of S-300 is enough to keep Israeli and US/NATO aircrafts out of Syrian airspace, adversary :rofl:

IF they haven't tried it yet , what makes you think that NATO wont be able to neutralize it ? :azn:

And here those S-300 are being used to keep enemies at bay , not enforcing fly zones as you were suggesting and using absurd logic ...

another D!ck measuring contest i see?

after reading the first page of this thread i'm guessing the pages that follow after go like this

Pakistanis:PAF better trained pilots 1 PAF pilot = 5 Yindu air force pilot PAF shot down Russian and Israeli 40 years ago so therefore we are better than Indians

Indians:we have better aircraft and more aircraft so therefore we are better and Pakistan

blah blah blah blah

lets be honest here guys if a conflict were to occur all IAF and PAF bases along the border would be wiped out in a matter of minutes

the PAF is a well trained force but lacks any dedicated air superiority fighters the only fighter that actually poses a threat to the IAF is the F-16 Block 52 which the PAF has only 18 of the rest of the F-16 fleet is whatever PAF procured in the 80's the IAF has the SU30MKI MiG-29 for air superiority missions the Mirage 2000 and Jaguar for strike missions/CAS

the PAF is indeed expanding with addition of JF-17 fighters which have BVR ability but remember during the Kargil war Indian MiG-29's from the black archers sqdn gained a missile lock on 2 PAF F-16 MiG-29's had BVR missiles whereas the PAF F-16's did not the PAF is a force that is almost unbeatable when it comes to dog fighting but when it comes to BVR combat the IAF is leagues ahead especially with the SU-30MKI a fighter that can carry 12AAM's and can act as a mini AWACS

images

this is indeed the Sher of the IAF

but i have no doubt the PAF will put up a good fight when it comes to air to air combat problem is the era of dog fighting is over modern a2a combat is all about BVR which the IAF is considerably more experienced and better trained in.

You missed 'near the border' part, and forgot to google the range of those SAMs. And NATO don't use Russian SAMs.

Adios

good

please clarify how near do you mean by near the border?
within the range of conventional artillery?
or would we need ARMs in a mix of SEAD & cruise missiles to take them out?

@indianspetsnaz
you contradicted your post, your quotes from the past dont apply. what PAF chief is talking about is NOW. noth what we didnt have in the past. and like Sandy explained... its an evolving concept and ever changing with time.

we are not in a like for like match. you need to look towards China for that.
what we have in place is to counter your doctrine towards Pakistan and that considers whatever youhave at the moment.

@ Irfan.. I think u miss taken me with some other poster. I never said we have Mig29s there.Let's leave it.

another D!ck measuring contest i see?

after reading the first page of this thread i'm guessing the pages that follow after go like this

Pakistanis:PAF better trained pilots 1 PAF pilot = 5 Yindu air force pilot PAF shot down Russian and Israeli 40 years ago so therefore we are better than Indians
Indians:we have better aircraft and more aircraft so therefore we are better and Pakistan

blah blah blah blah

lets be honest here guys if a conflict were to occur all IAF and PAF bases along the border would be wiped out in a matter of minutes

the PAF is a well trained force but lacks any dedicated air superiority fighters the only fighter that actually poses a threat to the IAF is the F-16 Block 52 which the PAF has only 18 of the rest of the F-16 fleet is whatever PAF procured in the 80's the IAF has the SU30MKI MiG-29 for air superiority missions the Mirage 2000 and Jaguar for strike missions/CAS

the PAF is indeed expanding with addition of JF-17 fighters which have BVR ability but remember during the Kargil war Indian MiG-29's from the black archers sqdn gained a missile lock on 2 PAF F-16 MiG-29's had BVR missiles whereas the PAF F-16's did not the PAF is a force that is almost unbeatable when it comes to dog fighting but when it comes to BVR combat the IAF is leagues ahead especially with the SU-30MKI a fighter that can carry 12AAM's and can act as a mini AWACS

images

this is indeed the Sher of the IAF

but i have no doubt the PAF will put up a good fight when it comes to air to air combat problem is the era of dog fighting is over modern a2a combat is all about BVR which the IAF is considerably more experienced and better trained in.

I think PAF gained locks on Su-30. After Mumbai terror attack

IF they haven't tried it yet , what makes you think that NATO wont be able to neutralize it ? :azn:

And here those S-300 are being used to keep enemies at bay , not enforcing fly zones as you were suggesting and using absurd logic ...

How?

Remember this?

downed-f-177-nighthawk-in-serbia-AP.jpg

Before being shot down, it used to look like this.

F117Banking2006.jpg

And this feat was achieved by Pechora, a missile designed in the 60s and upgraded subsequently.

pechora_2m_sol-air_missile_to_truck_640.jpg

good

please clarify how near do you mean by near the border?
within the range of conventional artillery?
or would we need ARMs in a mix of SEAD & cruise missiles to take them out?

You expect me to send you the GPS co-ordinates?

Well, make me an offer i can't refuse. :lol:

I think PAF gained locks on Su-30. After Mumbai terror attack

SU-30MKI did the same as well if such a event did happen do you have a source for this? i can guarantee the SU-30MKI is the best fighter aircraft operational in South Asia and maybe in all of Asia as well its radar allows it to be its own mini AWACS

@Skull and Bones

Has S-400 series become another " God's gift to aviation " thing after SU 30 MKI's ? :azn:
What are you trying to prove by posting those pictures ? ... Did i ever say that NATO was invincible ?
SAMS can be neutralized by a number of strategies and i do hope that you are aware of some of them ...

@Skull and Bones

Has S-400 series become another " God's gift to aviation " thing after SU 30 MKI's ? :azn:
What are you trying to prove by posting those pictures ? ... Did i ever say that NATO was invincible ?
SAMS can be neutralized by a number of strategies and i do hope that you are aware of some of them ...

Ya, i know. SEAD using aircrafts is certainly out of question, If the radar is AESA, then jamming is useless, cruise missiles maybe.

It is a God gift for countries without credible airforce to protect their airspace, like Syria. And it'll be heavily over-hyped and inferior if India acquires some.

I am wondering why both countries decided to give away their doctrines which are meant to be hidden in the first place, but arent. If both countries fold the cards at the same time there will be nothing left during war.
I think all countries will try countering its enemies strategy to gain advantage. But giving away and saying one can counter it in itself is a give away for the other country whats its enemy is capable of. Damn both countries need to watch their media they reveal too much. Just do it what Iran does and your on the right track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom