Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm Force

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
PAK FA is a decade away.

MMRCA has not been signed & TEJAS will need a MK2 upgrade to be a real threat to PAF after 2016.

WHAT IS A HEAR AND NOW REAL THREAT IS THE CURRENT SU30MKI and the existing 7-8 sqds of 140+ mki and the soon to be inducted additional 130 fighters by 2015.

THE THREAT HAS JUST INCREASED WITH THE RECENT annoucement by HAL AND IRKUT of russia declaring a SUPER SU30MKI is and will be the stanadard flanker in the IAF. after 2013 onwards

Defence Security Report

Maybe f16 blk 60 if they can afford and america gives them that or j10

PAFs answer to the current mki threat OF superior power tvc engine radar and multiple missles has been the following

lower RCS of its F16 & Thunders
superior BVRs in THE amraam from USA.

a lot emphasis was placed on the 10m sq RCS compared to near 1/2 RCS of thunders & flacons negating the pesa radar and its range.

well it seems the indians & russians are about to ANSWER that weakness.

I SUSPECT THE RCS will fall to the level of SU35 and the weapons and radar will be spin offs from PAK FA programme.

THE QUESTION can the PAFS current upgraded F16 X 44 & CURRENT PROPOSED BOCK 1 & 2 thunders live with a upgraded SUPER SU30MKI which the russians are claing near 5th generation.

REMEMBER ALL THE 272 FLANKERS will be upgraded with RCS reduction new aesa jammers and RAM coating.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

what the super su30mki will improve

TRISHUL

9SQN-TyphoonZappersofAE2008.jpg

Some of the Air warriors who wasted the Italian Typhoons.... :agree:

You know what I mean
?? !!!! ;)

J10B would be the best for that role along with F-16s

9SQN-TyphoonZappersofAE2008.jpg

Some of the Air warriors who wasted the Italian Typhoons.... :agree:

You know what I mean
?? !!!! ;)

yes.. the typhoons allowed them to get closer in a dog-fight without engaging bvr.

Wind jammer

in excercises i herd mig21 bisons wasted F15s

SINCE that event i do not read too much into excercises.

TYPHOON is generally regarded the 2nd best operational fighter in the world behind F22 (F35 NON OPERATIONAL YET)

besides the F16 IN PAF stil use older MSA radar technology ie non pesa and non aesa.

BUT i agree their AmRAAMS are lethel

WHERE DOES THIS LEAVE the new born THUNDERS

There is no answer. Plane and simple. Pakistan should avoid war.

Wind jammer

WHERE DOES THIS LEAVE the new born THUNDERS

You do know that Thunders are operational and in Squadron service.... unlike the Teja.... and........ MIG-21, MIG-27, Jaguars, Harriers wasted... above all, it's meant to replace the A-5s (Done), F-7s and older Mirages.
While performing in Turkey, the works described it's performance in par with the F-16.

Is that why India is confused between.... Typhoon ?... Rafael ?..... or may be back to Grippen. ;)

Nah man,After the MIG-21 fiasco,we much rather be bankrupted than purchase a single-engine platform!!!But isn't it true what I said,The Typhoons weren't allowed to used their BVR capabilities in those dogfights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom