What's new

PAF Air Defence Low Level Sensors

Wow that's quite an admission. I tend to agree with you. I don't buy anything Chinese as a policy as you never know when the damn thing comes apart.
Why is it quite an admission? It is a QA metric. The result is that Pakistan has to go back and make these systems perform at their reliability levels. Which means working with the manufacturer directly and rejecting any defective items.
They can perform at similar levels as western systems if the QA is introduced at manufacturing levels down to subsystems and their outsourcing.
The Iphone is also built in China; has never broken down on me yet.

Why is it quite an admission? It is a QA metric. The result is that Pakistan has to go back and make these systems perform at their reliability levels. Which means working with the manufacturer directly and rejecting any defective items.
They can perform at similar levels as western systems if the QA is introduced at manufacturing levels down to subsystems and their outsourcing.
The Iphone is also built in China; has never broken down on me yet.
One commission under spd has a complete directorate for QA

NESCOM has a complete directorate for QA
They may have it, but it does not extend all the way into China every time.
One has to understand the manufacturing setup in China to see how different it is to other places. Their manufacturing is still based upon old Soviet communist style ideals of having multiple factories that make designs which are done elsewhere. This means is that once a design is approved, factories gear their manufacturing processes to meet that demand and churn out items. The result of the capitalist ideals adopted by China in the 90's led to a lot of these factories struggling to maintain product lines and quality at the same time. This is due to the fact that they never had QA integrated into their processes and that their R&D is not integrated into the loop.

Which means that more than one factory will be making the same pink bunny, but all of them could be very different. One factory that does have strict materials and flow control would make perfect bunnies but also be expensive; others that do not use good quality materials or skilled workforce will have cheaper prices for those bunnies but then the quality will show.

So essentially it matter to ensure that everything that you put into a product in China has to be checked out throughout the manufacturing pipeline to ensure quality.

The bad rep that China has for quality is actually undeserved as it ignores the communist mindset that was imported from the USSR and the need to employ a lot of people into the system. Automation came very late into the game because quite simply, machines are likely to make less errors doing the same task as people are.

They may have it, but it does not extend all the way into China every time.
One has to understand the manufacturing setup in China to see how different it is to other places. Their manufacturing is still based upon old Soviet communist style ideals of having multiple factories that make designs which are done elsewhere. This means is that once a design is approved, factories gear their manufacturing processes to meet that demand and churn out items. The result of the capitalist ideals adopted by China in the 90's led to a lot of these factories struggling to maintain product lines and quality at the same time. This is due to the fact that they never had QA integrated into their processes and that their R&D is not integrated into the loop.

Which means that more than one factory will be making the same pink bunny, but all of them could be very different. One factory that does have strict materials and flow control would make perfect bunnies but also be expensive; others that do not use good quality materials or skilled workforce will have cheaper prices for those bunnies but then the quality will show.

So essentially it matter to ensure that everything that you put into a product in China has to be checked out throughout the manufacturing pipeline to ensure quality.

The bad rep that China has for quality is actually undeserved as it ignores the communist mindset that was imported from the USSR and the need to employ a lot of people into the system. Automation came very late into the game because quite simply, machines are likely to make less errors doing the same task as people are.

But isn't there a different system for defence related products and how much is Pakistan dependent on China. i believe China employs a certain organisation and factories for its defence industry. Defence industry has low volume but high quality production.

Last edited:
Sarkar.
I used it comically and added " like a lifetime" to complete the sentence. Khadim here knows your contributions to the nation's defence.
A
Was only pulling your leg dear. I have all the love and regard for smart minds like you. They were just a few quick years. Sitting at home in this cold london morning seems like eternity.

Was only pulling your leg dear. I have all the love and regard for smart minds like you. They were just a few quick years. Sitting at home in this cold london morning seems like eternity.
do need your input on the KLJ7A radar for JFTand its implications for the fighter.
Regards
A

There was a list of candidates laid out in terms of being tested within the low level C4I structure that was being developed in the university in the Sir Syed Syed Memorial on Ataturk road in Isb.
You are talking about CASE uni?

Back
Top Bottom