What's new

PAF Air Defence Low Level Sensors

There was a list of candidates laid out in terms of being tested within the low level C4I structure that was being developed in the university in the Sir Syed Syed Memorial on Ataturk road in Isb. But beyond the idea of certain Chinese options(of which I am not keen for nor will ever support), there were ideas of looking at purchasing and using Russian ADA systems and essentially using their search radars as replacements for the MPDRs. The other options was to go European again and Selex had some concept studies back in 2011 which they have now sold to Qatar.

Thales is out of the question due to Rafale and so the options have to come from the 2nd tier suppliers.
FYI. Pakistan already has C4I

Interesting, did the PAF evaluate the Kalkan? What was said about it?

Radar Systems | Capabilities | ASELSAN

All radar systems which is under development, are not included into Aselsan webpage. You can find many of their designs in this roadway bro.

EIRS is the long range radar project to be finalised in 2019 and it is included in roadway but there is a new radar project called Very long range Ballistic missile defence Radar system that Aselsan has commenced development in recent months. It is not in that list.

fc45430d-a2a1-4625-926e-231535cb62fd.jpg

All radar systems which is under development, are not included into Aselsan webpage. You can find many of their designs in this roadway bro.

EIRS is the long range radar project to be finalised in 2019 and it is included in roadway but there is a new radar project called Very long range Ballistic missile defence Radar system that Aselsan has commenced development in recent months. It is not in that list.

fc45430d-a2a1-4625-926e-231535cb62fd.jpg

Bro, is Kalkan-G being designed for Low Level air defence ?

MpXNA1%202.jpg

Bro, is Kalkan-G being designed for Low Level air defence ?

MpXNA1%202.jpg

I really don't get the purpose of " Low level Air Defence radar" mentioned by some members bro. It is about something like low altitude search radar ?

That might be an exception, along with the Sd-10 and PL-5E-ii. There are other systems, so its a mixed bag of sweets.

Direct experience from having to evaluate between Chinese , US and Turkish systems along with working with them on design. The Latter two are incredibly close in quality of build and exact to performance whilst the Chinese take a while to get there.
Thanks for the compliments. Now, I can sleep well with my poor grades at the under-grad. The profs did it for a purpose - to make us battle hard, not to get easy admission at the US universities...

I really don't get the purpose of " Low level Air Defence radar" mentioned by some members bro. It is about something like low altitude search radar ?

Radar follows line of sight. For long range radars, the earth's round curvature creates gaps in the lower lobes that need to be filled with gap fillers or low level radars for complete coverage, hence low level radars.

Radar follows line of sight. For long range radars, the earth's round curvature creates gaps in the lower lobes that need to be filled with gap fillers or low level radars for complete coverage, hence low level radars.
any update on this matter sir.

At what levels?
Macro
Micro
Low level
High altitude
Space monitoring
Corp movement
Platoon movement
?
I have not been in contact for several years but since early 2000 some organisations have been working on C4i (I'm not sure if I should name them here..if I ever get an opportunity to discuss with you in private, i will let you know). it was aimed for multiple levels to cater for both tactical and strategic including NC. Furthermore in 2007, they started on C4I2.

I have not been in contact for several years but since early 2000 some organisations have been working on C4i (I'm not sure if I should name them here..if I ever get an opportunity to discuss with you in private, i will let you know). it was aimed for multiple levels to cater for both tactical and strategic including NC. Furthermore in 2007, they started on C4I2.
Believe me, I worked with many of these organisations and C4ISR is a very relative term which spans over the various layers that make up the battlefield machine.

The US Army has C4I down to the squad level. The PA barely has it at battalion level.

Because the Chinese systems have reliability and performance issues. In the simplest terms, they dont do what it says on the tin.
Wow that's quite an admission. I tend to agree with you. I don't buy anything Chinese as a policy as you never know when the damn thing comes apart.

Believe me, I worked with many of these organisations and C4ISR is a very relative term which spans over the various layers that make up the battlefield machine.

The US Army has C4I down to the squad level. The PA barely has it at battalion level.
Good for you...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom