What's new

PAC upgrading Super Mushshak aircraft for counter-insurgency operations

AM Arshad Malik said the ISR element was requested by customers (which is fine since EO/IR pods are light), but the COIN stuff is a PAC study.

Second, the Super Mushshak and Hurkus are different categories of trainer - the Super Mushshak is a screening trainer, while the Hurkus is meant as a replacement for basic jet trainers such as the T-37. In fact, you'll notice that recent Super Mushshak buyers - e.g. Qatar, Turkey and Nigeria - have also bought the PC-21, KT-1 and Super Tucano, respectively. Turkey itself is developing the Hurkus.

Should the PAF buy the Hurkus, it would be for replacing the T-37. For each of those Super Mushshak buyers, it would be a completely normal decision, one in line with most air forces. As for the Hurkus-C, it would be viewed as a COIN platform that's completely on-par with the competition, and it might even sway Nigeria away from the Super Tucano (which it is aggressively seeking today).

Third, it's not an issue of the Super Mushshak being comparatively smaller or lighter than the Hurkus-C, it is just inherently too limited for the role. These munitions add lots of relative weight which will greatly reduce the agility and maneuverability of this plane - i.e., no one is going to send this into a hostile environment over a drone, much less a proper COIN platform like the Hurkus-C. In fact, the Burraq drone has about as much payload with its own EO/IR pod as the Super Mushshak.

I take it as a possible step in that someone at PAC is finally aware of the turboprop COIN market. Yes, this isn't an optimal solution, but it might be a bridge for them to finally see the Hurkus-C, Super Tucano and/or Archangel in action. Once that happens, they'll forget about arming the Super Mushshak.
sir why do we need Hurkus when we have much better K8 and we are producing it at home . K8 is already cleared for CAS and I hope with little effort , it can be transformed in to good COIN platform .

Sir can the mentioned gun target an aircraft at 20000+ft.

Haha no ! But I dont know how high and far the aircraft must fly to aim and hit the target !

12.7mm Dushka 2200-2500 effective Range! The TTP possess also the ZPU series !

Two double- (ZPU-2 and ZU-2) and single-barreled (ZPU-1):

Maximum range: 8,000 m

Maximum altitude 5,000 m

Effective altitude : 1,400 m

Last edited:
Did any of you guys even noticed that the aircraft fitted out for COIN role is a Nigerian example.

591ee29f254e5.jpg

img_3673-jpg.397860

@Oscar @HRK @MastanKhan @TOPGUN @TaimiKhan @Taimoor Khan @The Eagle

Did any of you guys even noticed that the aircraft fitted out for COIN role is a Nigerian example.

591ee29f254e5.jpg

img_3673-jpg.397860

@Oscar @HRK @MastanKhan @TOPGUN @TaimiKhan @Taimoor Khan @The Eagle

The Nigerians maybe requested it..

They can keep these with very low purchase and running costs in parts of the country with less risk and use them for surveillance aswell as training with the ability to hit a target immediately without the need to call the jets in which may be some time away

Hi,

So---it seems like that Pak has received permission from the swedes to upgrade this aircraft with weapons---.

If I remember correctly---they were not authorized to put weapons on it.

Back
Top Bottom