What's new

PAC upgrading Super Mushshak aircraft for counter-insurgency operations

Really not necessary , it is trainer just use it as a Trainer .. there was no need for this project

Just a trainer folks .... just a trainer, if we put a missile on a kite it will still be a kite

JF17 Thunder is reserved for African Nations.

Creating a Ceremony for "Tug boat" or then Celebrating the "Training Kit , enhancement" to carry a garvity bomb is a pretty no story from Military Weaponry prespective.

• Expectation is really for Self Sufficiency on Fight Jet Engines / Avionics rest of the mombo Jumbo is just fancy stories

If the deal is for external customer , seems intereting request but we should really focus on the Thunder JF17 platform

The Super Mushhak is a wonderful Training craft

Last edited:
Hardly see any point in doing it. Why not go for MALE UCAV platforms and if you truly have a rash for up and close command and control, give the commander in Mushak some control over the drone.

Hardly see any point in doing it. Why not go for MALE UCAV platforms and if you truly have a rash for up and close command and control, give the commander in Mushak some control over the drone.

Sir, you missed the important detail. They performed the structural analysis and testing in-house. One of the things we have been missing is the ability to conduct quality tests in Pakistan. Starting from these basic trainers, we can improve to actually testing fighter jets. The main reason why most of the design work for JF-17 happens in China is the lack of advanced testing facilities in Pakistan.

Sir, you missed the important detail. They performed the structural analysis and testing in-house. One of the things we have been missing is the ability to conduct quality tests in Pakistan. Starting from these basic trainers, we can improve to actually testing fighter jets. The main reason why most of the design work for JF-17 happens in China is the lack of advanced testing facilities in Pakistan.

I don't know how you established that most of the design work on the Thunders is carried out in China. PAC is fully equipped to design it here completely. The fact they partially rely on China only has to do with cheap labour and other associated costs.

I don't know how you established that most of the design work on the Thunders is carried out in China. PAC is fully equipped to design it here completely. The fact they partially rely on China only has to do with cheap labour and other associated costs.

Janab, with the AvDI being established only in FY 2015-16, the yearbook clearly stating that PAC only manufactures, the JF-17B first flights taking place in China, they are all indicative that we lack the facilities for designing aircraft from scratch.

I think Developing and enhancing Drones for the purpose is much more effective and has less risks.anyway a good decision towards innovation.

Colours striped on the side are from Nigerian flag

.............Formerly

Thank you for your service. Can I ask Reg? (No need to go in to any more detail then that here, or ignore that as well if you wish.)

PAC should also work with Turkey or China on a new Basic Jet trainer.

That looks cute.
18443996_1690412661260477_8011840188756000768_n.jpg

In the end we would be going for these. But if they really want Super Mushak to take this role than they need to add weapons like this or instead use Drones
Now that looks like something

I am quite certain this "Armed Super Mushak" will not see any action and will be forgotten soon, like many other such "experiments".

It can see big action if we provide few to Kurds (YPG/YPJ) in Syria to fight ISIS, but due to our close relationship with Turkey.

It can see big action if we provide few to Kurds (YPG/YPJ) in Syria to fight ISIS, but due to our close relationship with Turkey.
I doubt the Turks would send the Super Mushshak to fight insurgents. Asking a 240hp engine to sustain manned flight with guided armaments is a huge ask, especially against insurgents with some anti-air warfare capabilities, e.g. HMG and MANPADS. The Turks will send in the Hurkus-C for counterinsurgency operations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom