What's new

PAC Releases Specifications of It's HSTD

all of the above

Yes, theyre doing PR for it but what else? It doesn't seem to be much more than a glorified co-working space/office block being rented out lol maybe PAF venturing into real estate dev
I think the regional ones like in Lahore, Karachi, Rawalpindi and wherever else are just start-up incubation spaces - essentially you are right that it's just glorified co-working spaces and a significant portion is simply up for rent, this part I don't have much hope to achieve anything of significance.

The Kamra one though seems like it will have a greater focus on proper R&D and with actual testing facilties, and an explicit focus on getting the private sector involved for manufacturing (which is what I think the zones are marked for)

Just saying, why does a R&D centre need a kids park and sports complex, or even housing?
Bruh idk

Even the Karachi one has a whole day care and gaming room 😭

Screenshot_20230828_165500_Chrome.jpg

I think the regional ones like in Lahore, Karachi, Rawalpindi and wherever else are just start-up incubation spaces - essentially you are right that it's just glorified co-working spaces and a significant portion is simply up for rent, this part I don't have much hope to achieve anything of significance.

The Kamra one though seems like it will have a greater focus on proper R&D and with actual testing facilties, and an explicit focus on getting the private sector involved for manufacturing (which is what I think the zones are marked for)

Bruh idk

View attachment 949392
shocking

Bruh idk

View attachment 949392
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @JamD @SQ8

Could it be that they are advertising these to convince talented engineers that they will have a high standard of living if they work for the NASTP? I mean if I can send my kids to excellent schools (I think they have a pretty non-traditional, STEM-focused, school planned that will offer hands-on learning), have daycare for my toddler, a nice house in a secure neighbourhood, and a comfortable workplace, perhaps I should reconsider my plan to move abroad. This way, I have everything that I will have abroad without abandoning my extended family, especially my parents.

I bet they are having a difficult time hiring and retaining the best talent, which is roughly 10% of engineering graduates from top Pakistani universities.

Last edited:
Sadly, we have no strong private sector in defense field like India and Turkey.
Due to two things mainly:

- Bad policy which turns people away, hard to source high-tech equipment

- Military hegemony and restrictions

Could it be that they are advertising these to convince talented engineers that they will have a high standard of living if they work for the NASTP? I mean if I can send my kids to excellent schools (I think they have a pretty non-traditional, STEM-focused, school planned that will offer hands-on learning), have daycare for my toddler, a nice house in a secure neighbourhood, and a comfortable workplace, perhaps I should reconsider my plan to move abroad. This way, I have everything that I will have abroad without abandoning my extended family, especially my parents.

I bet they are having a difficult time hiring and retaining the best talent, which is roughly 10% of engineering graduates from top Pakistani universities.
Could be true for the Kamra based NASTP, but unlikely for the Karachi based one (where the day care and gaming room is located)

It's mostly an incubation centre for start-ups, it doesn't have proper R&D facilities unlike the Kamra one

Just saying, why does a R&D centre need a kids park and sports complex, or even housing?
Typical mentality of putting the horse before the cart. Yes, it might be useful to retain human resource but you do these things after you've gotten the fundamentals right. No engineer is going go sacrifice their career by working at a place with no future just because they have a daycare and a gameroom.

They're hiring like crazy because there are a lot of unemployed and underemployed engineers in Pakistan due to its collapsing economy and nonexistent industry. Of course they have no clue what they'll do with these people. Think of this like steel mill but for engineers and exPAF people. Think of someone who works at NASTP for 10 years and has to go somewhere else. What experience will they be bringing to the table having spent 10 years at nastp working on game changer 1 and game changer 2 v3 lol.

Typical mentality of putting the horse before the cart. Yes, it might be useful to retain human resource but you do these things after you've gotten the fundamentals right. No engineer is going go sacrifice their career by working at a place with no future just because they have a daycare and a gameroom.

Daycare and game room will provide the environment necessary to complete game changers.

What experience will they be bringing to the table having spent 10 years at nastp working on game changer 1 and game changer 2 v3 lol.

LMFAOOOOOO 🤣🤣🤣🤣

They're hiring like crazy because there are a lot of unemployed and underemployed engineers in Pakistan due to its collapsing economy and nonexistent industry. Of course they have no clue what they'll do with these people. Think of this like steel mill but for engineers and exPAF people. Think of someone who works at NASTP for 10 years and has to go somewhere else. What experience will they be bringing to the table having spent 10 years at nastp working on game changer 1 and game changer 2 v3 lol.
...what if we use these engineers to design and build the next-generation of buildings...

1693322520527.png

Back
Top Bottom