What's new

PA TANKS comparison with contempory tanks

Again. Read up on which is the armament. BL755 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Plus the Jags have this...CBU-97 Sensor Fuzed Weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These will rain on any armoured formation of the PA. Now you can deploy all your anzas or whatever. A couple of these away and the damage is done. Now, do you understand?

https://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&...Xkc9H5L7FdEmNPALA&sig2=XrCvDMB9oeaZcGsCoLdc6g

https://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&...eq1MRY4kkuURFOoYA&sig2=6Srr3QVDiPWau0bGy8pRVQ

etc etc in service with Pak airforce... what makes u think we wont use them?

Who is debating on whether you have cluster amunitions or not? The poster pointed out the ANZAs and I have pointed out that ANZAs cannot take out anti armour capabilities of the air wings. The poster talks about missiles which are infra red homing based. Anybody with little information on countermeasures will tell you infra red homing does not work against the Apache because of the ALQ-144 which comes with it.

And if you are now going to compare HIJARA with the CBU-97? If I am not mistaken, these are gravity bomblets. They drop and do not have the capability to 'target and home in' on armour.

Who is debating on whether you have cluster amunitions or not? The poster pointed out the ANZAs and I have pointed out that ANZAs cannot take out anti armour capabilities of the air wings. The poster talks about missiles which are infra red homing based. Anybody with little information on countermeasures will tell you infra red homing does not work against the Apache because of the ALQ-144 which comes with it.

And if you are now going to compare HIJARA with the CBU-97? If I am not mistaken, these are gravity bomblets. They drop and do not have the capability to 'target and home in' on armour.

How about JDAMs?gbu-12s etc? also CBU-97 is a free fall unguided CBM.... Rest this thread was about tanks but helis or any jets..

How about JDAMs?gbu-12s etc? also CBU-97 is a free fall unguided CBM.... Rest this thread was about tanks but helis or any jets..

CBU-97, if I am not mistaken is not unguided. And yes, when the chap was talking about helis and anzas, my point was till date no Apache with the system have mentioned has been lost to infra red homing. And Anzas are infra-red right?

Again. Read up on which is the armament. BL755 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Plus the Jags have this...CBU-97 Sensor Fuzed Weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These will rain on any armoured formation of the PA. Now you can deploy all your anzas or whatever. A couple of these away and the damage is done. Now, do you understand?

We were discussing only the defense-System Bakthar Shikan (in combination wit AA Guns and MANPADS) against Indian Tanks not about what "will rain"................get on BOYS !

That is a static test probability you are talking about, which is exactly why I stressed the word "when the tank is on move"

check out this Video, they are testing Bakthar Shikan on moving Targets !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KFJd4wVV5I

Pakistan Army Air Defence units.
The day's activities involved live firing of several air defence weapons on the inventory of Pakistan Army. These included short range Surface to Air Missiles, shoulder fired weapons and Anti Aircraft guns. COAS appreciated the standards displayed by the weapon crews of different units of Army Air Defence. He emphasized the importance of air defence in today's warfare and the need to remain abreast with modern requirements as regards up-gradation of equipment, as well as training, to defeat a wide threat spectrum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6XLHxUqJiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=AqGMYaFcDWo&feature=endscreen

Pakistani T-80UD Formations in action "exercise against India"

Battle Inoculation drills of Combat Group at Khairpur Tamewali - August 15, 2008 - YouTube

Battle inoculation drills of a Combat Group (Armour Regiment) were held at Khairpur Tamewali. The thrilling exercise of advance and encounter battle by Desert Hawks included support by elements of Machanized Infantry, Engineers, Air Defence and Artillery. Corps Commander Multan, Lieutenant General Sikandar Afzal while talking to troops informally, emphasized that there was no alternative to practical training as the experience gained during peace time pays rich dividends during war.

Actually the CBU-97 bomblets do not "home in", because they do not have any control surfaces. They are just very "smart" i.e. the skeets detonate the shaped-charge warhead IF they pass over an armored vehicle, otherwise they self-destruct.

The reason for the effectiveness is the very high kill ratio, the pretty smart distribution (frisbee-like coning motion of spinning skeets), which are 40 per system, and the wind corrected munitions dispenser.

I believe on 1 on 1 comparison with T90, Al Khalid does look a little tad better. However, max range is a certain advantage T90 has over Al Khalid which could be very crucial in the battle field. Also, Gunship support could tilt the battle in the Indian favor.

Al khalid has faulty turret geometry and its reactive armour coverage and quality is not t-90 standard.T-90 thus have good advantage in armour protection over khalid.But armour aside in mobility,electronics,firepower khalid can go toe to toe with t-90 anyday.

Actually the CBU-97 bomblets do not "home in", because they do not have any control surfaces. They are just very "smart" i.e. the skeets detonate the shaped-charge warhead IF they pass over an armored vehicle, otherwise they self-destruct.

The reason for the effectiveness is the very high kill ratio and pretty smart distribution (frisbee-like coning motion of spinning skeets), which are 40 per system, and the wind corrected munitions dispenser.

Agreed. In my first bomb had mentioned about the bomblets, in the second post, should have mentioned about the skeets. Thanks for pointing that out.

Al khalid has faulty turret geometry and its reactive armour coverage and quality is not t-90 standard.T-90 thus have good advantage in armour protection over khalid.But armour aside in mobility,electronics,firepower khalid can go toe to toe with t-90 anyday.

:omghaha:

u keep on reminding yourself that.

u just cant digest the fact that we have a tank which is better then yr Russian tank.Even Russians in this thread have accepted that.

And so does all PA tanks and chinese tanks.Except arjun series.Guess who has most potential for growth.

Ahh innocence :)

Saw this coming, Arjun has several issues which i will show you later. As far as AK and T-80ud are concerned, they use different autoloaders, in case of AK, it is a modified all electric unit, unklike the age old T-72 AZ one.

Lastly, IA has some difficiencies in Tank APFSDS too, the longest shell they use is not more than 520 mm in penetration @ 2000 mm front on, where as, PA has longer penetrators. Example is Naiza1 (550 @ 2000 m, Naiza2 is in service for quite a while but not advertised, 650+ mm @ 2000 m and Sino-Pak Type II and Type M, both have 550, 620-650 mm penetration respectively).

Unless IA buys new APFSDS rounds or make their own AMK-340 series work better with T-72/ 90 instead of exploding inside the gun barrel, there is plenty to worry for them.

Back
Top Bottom