What's new

PA TANKS comparison with contempory tanks

LOL after yr last post i have came to understand yr maturity level. So i dont wanna waste my time with u anymore.

Pleasure is all mine. I dont mind if you cannot disprove my statements, but atleast you showed the courage to ignore it.

For those Indians which want undermine the effectiveness of the "Baktar Shikan", can you pls give some technical and strategic arguments, why this Missile can not do his mission against Indian Tanks ?

You have consider the short distance between the two Forces, when the war breaks out, allong the Border of both sides are kilometers of camouflaged trenches, Anti-Tank Bunkers,natural obstacles such as ditch and water, Minefields, river etc.forward observations Positions. So than come the firesupport of the Long and short Artillary, Air Force etc. of the Pakistani Forces. So know you have to explain me why in this fire Thunderstorm the effectiveness of the "Baktar Shikan" is not enough for the Indian Tank Corps or in a Indian Tank offensive ! It will be a hard fight for both side, plays not a rule Arjun or Alkhalid.

FOR SOME people until you you actually RAM THE PROOF down their throats they just dont accept it

IF you want to COMPARE PAK TANKS TO contemporary THEN THIS IS THE BENCH MARK

enjoy the VEDIO last bit will talk abouit MK2 tanks arriving soon.

[video]http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/244705-inside-out-arjun-main-battle-tank-discovery-channels-documentary.html#post4141877[/video]

[[video]http://vimeo.com/user17566395/arjun[/video]

what is the Indian reaction about Al Khalid series tanks.

For those Indians which want undermine the effectiveness of the "Baktar Shikan", can you pls give some technical and strategic arguments, why this Missile can not do his mission against Indian Tanks ?

You have consider the short distance between the two Forces, when the war breaks out, allong the Border of both sides are kilometers of camouflaged trenches, Anti-Tank Bunkers,natural obstacles such as ditch and water, Minefields, river etc.forward observations Positions. So than come the firesupport of the Long and short Artillary, Air Force etc. of the Pakistani Forces. So know you have to explain me why in this fire Thunderstorm the effectiveness of the "Baktar Shikan" is not enough for the Indian Tank Corps or in a Indian Tank offensive ! It will be a hard fight for both side, plays not a rule Arjun or Alkhalid.

Firstly, the Arjun Mk1A has a laser warning system that enables the MBT to take evasive action the moment it is illuminated by a laser beam. Javelin or even TOW or Baktar Shikan ATGMs will never be employed over open flat or even undulating terrain against MBTs, APCs & AIFVs. That’s why the IA employs LOHs & helicopter-gunships flying ahead of an armoured column so that they can detect & destroy dug-in infantry forces equipped with shoulder-fired or man-portable ATGMs, or direct the AIFVs to engage such ATGM ambushes with 4km-range Konkurs-M ATGMs. You will never ever come across an Indian armoured thrust in future that is not preceded by LOHs & helicopter-gunships. Scenarios given by you are long gone.

Firstly, the Arjun Mk1A has a laser warning system that enables the MBT to take evasive action the moment it is illuminated by a laser beam. Javelin or even TOW or Baktar Shikan ATGMs will never be employed over open flat or even undulating terrain against MBTs, APCs & AIFVs. That’s why the IA employs LOHs & helicopter-gunships flying ahead of an armoured column so that they can detect & destroy dug-in infantry forces equipped with shoulder-fired or man-portable ATGMs, or direct the AIFVs to engage such ATGM ambushes with 4km-range Konkurs-M ATGMs. You will never ever come across an Indian armoured thrust in future that is not preceded by LOHs & helicopter-gunships. Scenarios given by you are long gone.

This Helicopters can come in the range of MANPADS and AA Guns, so they are also not safe, and a laser warning system, is only a "Warning" it makes not 100% sure that the missile will not hit the target "It serves to increase the survival chances of a tank on the battlefield".

And how many Helicopters the Indian Tank Corps of ca. 3500 Tanks needs the cover the Sky 24 hours ? I dont know, what I know that this Helis are not 100% safe frome the Pakistani Anza Manpad Series and the 12.7mm AA Gun ( not inlcuded the Type-56 37mm AA Gun, and which are in very high Numbers in service with the Pakistani Forces, most are from chinese stockpiles, which have deadly range for Helicopters) !

Secondly you have to consider that the Pakistanis are producing weapons like the 12.7mm AA Gun DShK, Bakthar Shikan, AnzaI and AnzaII over a period of ca. 20 years if not longer, so this weapons have been delivered to the front line troops in masses, and have been also UPGRADED. For the defensive-Forces of the Pakistan Army this weapons are enough to give the Enemy a hard fight and to crush the spearheads of any Indian Tank offensive.

To the Discussion that the "Bakthar Shikan is outdated", Since the wire-guided missile Bakthar Shikan is not automatic, the actual probability of a Tank-hit is under combat conditions higher !

To your useless statement:"Scenarios given by you are long gone".........I can only say Dream Scenarios like yours will only happen on the table, reality on battlefield is not a PC-game.

well pakistani tanks does has laser threat warning system and most important varta soft kill aps as well

the LTS is locally developed by GIDS

Its a very good missile system and cheaper i think PA is already developed 3rd generation of Baktar shikan with out wires i don't remember where i saw the picture .

This Helicopters can come in the range of MANPADS and AA Guns, so they are also not safe, and a laser warning system, is only a "Warning" it makes not 100% sure that the missile will not hit the target "It serves to increase the survival chances of a tank on the battlefield".

And how many Helicopters the Indian Tank Corps of ca. 3500 Tanks needs the cover the Sky 24 hours ? I dont know, what I know that this Helis are not 100% safe frome the Pakistani Anza Manpad Series and the 12.7mm AA Gun ( not inlcuded the 37mm AA Gun which have deadly range for Helicopters) !

Secondly you have to consider that the Pakistanis are producing weapons like the 12.7mm AA Gun DShK, Bakthar Shikan, AnzaI and AnzaII over a persiod of ca. 20 years if not longer, so this weapons are in have been delivered to the front line troops in masses. For the defensive part of the Pakistan Army this weapons are enough to give the Enemy a hard fight and crush the spearheads of any Indian Tank offensive.

To the Discussion that the "Bakthar Shikan is outdated", Since the wire-guided missile Bakthar Shikan is not automatic, the actual probability of a Tank-hit is under combat conditions higher !

To your useless statement:"Scenarios given by you are long gone".........I can only say Dream Scenarios like yours will only happen on the table, reality on battlefield is not a PC-game.

You are going to use MANPADS in plain terrain and expect them to be as effective as on mountainous? My friend, they will get picked up by the helos kms away! Also, are you aware of the roles assigned to the Mig 27s currently in anti tank warfare and what weapons systems they are supposed to deploy? There is nothing, I repeat, nothing in the Pak arsenal which can answer this system.

Javelin or even TOW or Baktar Shikan ATGMs will never be employed over open flat or even undulating terrain against MBTs, APCs & AIFVs.

The are many options for a Pakistani Tank destroyer to bring the Bakthar Shikan in a good, covered and camouflage firing position in a "open flat or even undulating terrain" to engage Indian armored vehicles.

You are going to use MANPADS in plain terrain and expect them to be as effective as on mountainous? My friend, they will get picked up by the helos kms away!

How ? explain me how the super Helicopters have war-time to come and hold their firing positions kms away ? and how they can finde so fast this very good covered firing positions which are in trenches, tunnels, bunker under the earth and well camouflaged, hold and build by Soldiers which are trained in a professional Army.

There is nothing, I repeat, nothing in the Pak arsenal which can answer this system.

If that is the case than, try to take the Azad Kashmir !

are you aware of the roles assigned to the Mig 27s currently in anti tank warfare and what weapons systems they are supposed to deploy?

Indian Mig-27 can meet the air defence of the ground Troops, which includes, long and short-range AA Guns, MANPADS (AnzaI+AnzaII+AnzaIII+RBS70+FN-6), than the Air Defence Corps, which operates Systems like the SPADA and the Pakistan Air Force which uses the Jf-17.

Indian Mig-27 can meet the air defence of the ground Troops, which includes, long and short-range AA Guns, MANPADS (AnzaI+AnzaII+AnzaIII+RBS70+FN-6), than the Air Defence Corps, which operates Systems like the SPADA and the Pakistan Air Force which uses the Jf-17.

U forgot HQ-9..

Plus AK also has the capability to fire missiles are low flying helis.

FOR SOME people until you you actually RAM THE PROOF down their throats they just dont accept it

IF you want to COMPARE PAK TANKS TO contemporary THEN THIS IS THE BENCH MARK

enjoy the VEDIO last bit will talk abouit MK2 tanks arriving soon.

[video]http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/244705-inside-out-arjun-main-battle-tank-discovery-channels-documentary.html#post4141877[/video]

[[video]http://vimeo.com/user17566395/arjun[/video]

Is there a Discovery Channel Documentary of Pakistans Al-Khalid??

Are you by any chance talking about NASA's Rehbar series? Come on and Pakistan is yet to come out of it , whereas it was just recently when the students of IIST and VIT who launched their rockets into space.

One of the most earliest and notable achievement of Suparco activities was its unmanned space flight programme that was recorded on 7 June 1961.[7][20] Suparco took research in the development of first solid-fuel expandable rockets, an assistance provided by the United States.[7] On 7 June 1962, Suparco landed a record achievement when it had launched first unmanned solid-fuel sounding rocket and took its first initial space flight from the Sonmiani Terminal Launch.[21] The rocket was developed in a joint venture with air force in a team led by PAF's Air Commodore (Brigadier-General) WJM Turowicz.[7] Known as the Rehbar-I (lit. Teller of the way), Pakistan had secured its distinction as the third country in Asia and the tenth in the world to conduct successful spaceflight.[7] The unmanned spaceflight mission continued under Turowicz, and according to Suparco, from the period 1962 till the partial termination of mission in 1972.

Source: Wikileaks.

Now it is typical of the indians to keep believing and telling lies about our missiles program, but the truth is that our scientists have worked hard in researching and developing our missile program.

Back
Top Bottom