What's new

PA decides in favor of Navistar MaxxPro MRAP

o bhai, :D

lazar-2 carries more personnel with an adequate fighting capability, see the roof with a max pro can carry 4-6 at best, lazar-2 is an Armoured Fighting vehicle, Maxx pro is just an MRAP, didnt get me yet?

Ok. see the pics? count the window hatches and tyres on each side. :rofl:

Lazar_2_BVT-650x396.jpg

Maxx Pro

LAND_MRAP_MaxxPro_CAT-I_Camp_Liberty_Iraq_lg.jpg

get it? :)
oye tu bas kar :stop:

STANAG 4569
Level 2
Kinetic Energy
7.62 x 39 API BZ at 30 meters with 695 m/s

Grenade and Mine Blast Threat
6 kg (explosive mass) Blast AT Mine:
2a – Mine Explosion pressure activated under any wheel or track location.
2b – Mine Explosion under center.

Level 3
Kinetic Energy
7.62 x 51 AP (WC core) at 30 meters with 930 m/s

Grenade and Mine Blast Threat
8 kg (explosive mass) Blast AT Mine:
3a – Mine Explosion pressure activated under any wheel or track location.
3b – Mine Explosion under center.

Whereas

Conclusion :

Lazar 2 (without Add-on Armor) provide less protection than Maxxpro against Mine blasts.

Lazar 2 (with Add-on Armor) provide greater protection than Maxxpro against Mine blasts.

@BDforever @Dazzler
oye i just have found out it has lvl 4 protection :woot:

this is official:
348llk6.jpg

posted by beloved serbian brother @proka89 in this forum :D
Pakistan army obtain 3 LAZAR2 Vehicles

I would strongly advise against letting imagination run wild @Nishan_101. I can not say what PA would do with 6000 of these. We probably need no more than a few hundred. These are very costly to operate and are not friendly to roads and bridges. At 14+ tonnes these would be fairly difficult to move around. MRAPs have around 2 km / litre fuel consumption, so one does not have to be a rocket scientist to figure that these vehicles are not likely to see heavy usage.
Not only that. There's the problem of spares that would crop up. Then there's the need for training for maintenance and repairs , storage of equipment, and so on. Separate infrastructure would also be required. It's not just about being gifted with stuff that is free. It is used, second hand equipment which will have a short life cycle. After a year or two it would then need to be sold as scrap in the local market!

Not only that. There's the problem of spares that would crop up. Then there's the need for training for maintenance and repairs , storage of equipment, and so on. Separate infrastructure would also be required. It's not just about being gifted with stuff that is free. It is used, second hand equipment which will have a short life cycle. After a year or two it would then need to be sold as scrap in the local market!

You need to read my last post. You are over-quick in your dismissal. There are multiple angles on this thing. You are ignoring the more relevant ones to prop your favorite.

i'd say a good choice out of the free stuff.....:victory:

what about grabbing hold of some humvees for our special forces like anti-terrorism squad,FC etc ???? as long as they are not kept with the officers themselves !!!!

Maintaining them is not going to be much of a chellenge:

1. Plenty of spares from A.) Afghanistan, B.) Friends (Jordan, other contingents), C.) Suppliers themselvs.
2. If needed, we can make parts. This is likely not some complicated affair involving classified alloys and hi-tech metalurgy.
3. Most moving parts are part of navistar's commercial product portfolio. So, not a difficult affair.

Even during sanctions we were able to source F-16 parts, sometimes from USA itself. So, again, not much of a problem in itself.

All of the above requires money, which should have been spent to develop an indigenous vehicle to begin with.

India's Mahindra do have a JV with Navistar,and may be we will see MRAPS by this JV in future.

Did anyone ask about India?

Stop derailing the thread.

Relax moderator,all I said was about the possibility of a new MRAP from the firm in discussion (Navistar). I didn't make any provocative post,I didn't flame,and I didn't tried to derail your thread.

I would strongly advise against letting imagination run wild @Nishan_101. I can not say what PA would do with 6000 of these. We probably need no more than a few hundred. These are very costly to operate and are not friendly to roads and bridges. At 14+ tonnes these would be fairly difficult to move around. MRAPs have around 2 km / litre fuel consumption, so one does not have to be a rocket scientist to figure that these vehicles are not likely to see heavy usage.

These could be put to good use at mobile C3 nodes (command node, even drone operation node), But I doubt we need many thousands of these.

We need to be judicious about their deployment, since these can easily be seen as 'reward' for 'services' rendered. These could become good targets for this reason, and we can not have that.

I agree 100%. Actually about 7000 Humvees and about 5000+ MRAPs should be given to Afghan Army and PA should be given some towed and self propelled artillery which they already have in their inventory, even bring some more from US to Pakistan and Afghanistan.

So that both can have advantage in training and maintenance.

some have already landed folks ;)

3cvf.jpg

5j5x.jpg

69yw.jpg

y8ya.jpg

I hope that they have come for over haul at HIT but ANA needs it.

Again,,,,

Lazar is a multipurpose IFV/ AFV + MRAP, while Navistar is a heavy duty MRAP, big difference!

One is 18-28 ton class whereas other is 40 ton+

* Lazar-2

Specifications
Weight16.3 t empty basic (with applique 28 t)
Length7.25 m (23 ft 9 in)
Width1.5 m - 2 m
Height2.45 m (up to armored hull roof)
Crew3 + 10 passengers
ArmorBasic Lv.III, Applique Lv.V
Main
armament20x110 mm autocannon M55
Secondary
armament7.62mm gun, 30mm grenade launcher
Enginediesel
440 hp
Suspension2x2 tandem axles
Operational
range600 km before refueling
Speed90 km/h (56 mph)

* NAvistar Maxx Pro

SPECIFICATIONS

Length 254"
Width 102'
Height 120"

Wheel Base 153"
Curb Weight 37,850 lb
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating 43,500 lbs
Payload 3,650 lbs
Fording Depth 36" w/out prep
Turning Diameter 62'

Actually HIT needs to do JV with Germany, France, Ukraine, Serbia or even with China on Wheeled and Tracked APCs along with Tanks and Self propelled Howetzers.

First of all Lazar 2 and BOV M11 are bought by Karachi police, not Pakistan army. And Karachi police bought 3 Lazar 2, and 13 BOV M11 in this configuration:

Lazar 2:
Armor - Level IV STANAG (14.5x114AP / B32 at 200 meters with 911 m/s)
Mine resistant - Level IIIb (8 kg Mine Explosion under center)
Armed with - 12.7 RCWS
Termovision
Cartridge case and gunpowder gases collector
Run flat tires
Price - 1 300 000 $

BOV M11:
Armor - Level III STANAG (7.62 x 51 AP at 30 meters with 930 m/s)
Mine resistant - Level IIb (6kg Mine Explosion under center)
Armed with - 12.7 RCWS
Run flat tires
Price - 450 000 $

And if you ask me, you guys need both of these vehicles (Maxxpro and Lazar). Maxxpro is a great MRAP, and that means that he is a great patrol vehicle with a decent ballistic protection, and with great protection from mines and IED's. While Lazar 2 has other advantages, like bigger crew compartment, options to mount and use more serious weaponry, probably better off road capability...

Last edited:
First of all Lazar 2 and BOV M11 are bought by Karachi police, not Pakistan army. And Karachi police bought 3 Lazar 2, and 13 BOV M11 in this configuration:

Lazar 2:
Armor - Level IV STANAG (14.5x114AP / B32 at 200 meters with 911 m/s)
Mine resistant - Level IIIb (8 kg Mine Explosion under center)
Armed with - 12.7 RCWS
Termovision
Cartridge case and gunpowder gases collector
Run flat tires
Price - 1 300 000 $

BOV M11:
Armor - Level III STANAG (7.62 x 51 AP at 30 meters with 930 m/s)
Mine resistant - Level IIb (6kg Mine Explosion under center)
Armed with - 12.7 RCWS
Run flat tires
Price - 450 000 $

And if you ask me, you guys need bought of these vehicles (Maxxpro and Lazar). Maxxpro is a great MRAP, and that means that he is a great patrol vehicle with a decent ballistic protection, and with great protection from mines and IED's. While Lazar 2 has other advantages, like bigger crew compartment, options to mount and use more serious weaponry, probably better off road capability...
can Lazar 2 operate in water ?

i think this is related to the news that USA will give its Armored Vehicles to Pakistan after they leave Afghanistan , Am i right ?

Back
Top Bottom