What's new

PA decides in favor of Navistar MaxxPro MRAP

i think it is really bad choice because lazar 2 is far more better.
capacity of MaxxPro: 3 crew+7 passenger, capacity of Lazar 2: 3 crew+9 passenger.
hp of MaxxPro: 375 , hp of Lazar 2: 500
weight of MaxxPro: 23.5 ton, weight of lazar 2: about 28 tons.

*** unique feature of Lazar 2: it features five bullet proof windows and firing ports on each side of the vehicle, as well as two on the rear of the vehicle. This allows the troops inside the vehicle to have a high situational awareness and to engage targets from inside the safety of the vehicle.
*** Price is reasonable.

#### Bangladesh is going for lazar 2 :D
O mere bhai, ye mufat ka maal hai :D

i think it is really bad choice because lazar 2 is far more better.
capacity of MaxxPro: 3 crew+7 passenger, capacity of Lazar 2: 3 crew+9 passenger.
hp of MaxxPro: 375 , hp of Lazar 2: 500
weight of MaxxPro: 23.5 ton, weight of lazar 2: about 28 tons.

*** unique feature of Lazar 2: it features five bullet proof windows and firing ports on each side of the vehicle, as well as two on the rear of the vehicle. This allows the troops inside the vehicle to have a high situational awareness and to engage targets from inside the safety of the vehicle.
*** Price is reasonable.

#### Bangladesh is going for lazar 2 :D

MRAP and AFV/ IFV are different vehicles designed for different purposes, Lazar cant be compared with Navistar.

MRAP and AFV/ IFV are different vehicles designed for different purposes, Lazar cant be compared with Navistar.
Lazar is the concept of combination of MRAP and AFV/IFV - a multiple armored vehicle ;)

Lazar is the concept of combination of MRAP and AFV/IFV - a multiple armored vehicle ;)

true, its jack of all trades type with an emphasis on AFV role but Navistar is a dedicated MRAP designed to operate in dense IED terrain, Lazar cant stand such terrain.

true, its jack of all trades type with an emphasis on AFV role but Navistar is a dedicated MRAP designed to operate in dense IED terrain, Lazar cant stand such terrain.
how can you say that ? might be lazar can too :D

If they're free then sou-bismillah :D

Nobody hates free stuff.

So far, all used stuff from US, had been nothing more than junk and it is very commonly known in Pakistan. Better, if they are new.

Last edited:
thats not true, even some of their used stuff works better than most new ones :D
I may not have lot of arms knowledge, but lets say i over heard an officer, who was sent by his superiors to inspect used US stuff and report.
His words 'rusted junk... not a single...... in working order'
I'm sure he sent his written report, with same impression to his superiors.

trust me, i know what i am saying :)
time to prove you wrong :D

Lazar 2 protection:armored vehicle concepts, featuring with very high all-terrain/all climate conditions mobility, high fire power, high all-round ballistic protection, high AT mines/IED protection as well as possibility of battlefield observation and target engagement by embarked crew personal weapons. Vehicle concept provides these unique combinations of basic characteristics of the two classes of modern wheeled armored vehicles exceptionally important in the world today. The hull of the Lazar 2 provides a basic ballistic protection for the crew and troop to the level 2 (STANAG 4569) and mine protection level 2a and 2b. With additional armour the ballistic protection is increased to level and mine protection to level 3a and 3b.
Lazar 2 MRAV MRAP Multi-Purpose 8x8 armoured vehicle technical data sheet specifications pictures - Army Recognition - Army Recognition

**armor level classification: STANAG 4569 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MaxxPro protection: Vehicle utilizes a crew capsule and has a V-shaped hull, which do not extends to the engine bay. A V-shaped hull deflects the mine of IED blast away from the vehicle. During tests this MRAP vehicle survived a 7 kg land mine blast. Armor of the MaxxPro was designed and manufactured by the Israeli Plasan. Armored hull is bolted together rather than welded. This facilitates repair in the field conditions. Vehicle can be fitted with add-on armor. It also provides protection against direct fire and RPG rounds. The MaxxPro is fitted with NBC protection system. The V-hull deflects the blast of a land mine or improvised explosive device (IED) away from the vehicle to protect its occupants. Because the chassis is mounted outside the armored crew capsule, there are concerns that it will likely be destroyed in the event of an ambush, leaving the soldiers inside stranded.

International MaxxPro Navistar MRAP mine protected vehicle data sheet specifications information UK - Army Recognition - Army Recognition
MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle | Military-Today.com

### In armored protection Lazar 2 also superior to Maxxpro :enjoy:

time to prove you wrong :D

Lazar 2 protection:armored vehicle concepts, featuring with very high all-terrain/all climate conditions mobility, high fire power, high all-round ballistic protection, high AT mines/IED protection as well as possibility of battlefield observation and target engagement by embarked crew personal weapons. Vehicle concept provides these unique combinations of basic characteristics of the two classes of modern wheeled armored vehicles exceptionally important in the world today. The hull of the Lazar 2 provides a basic ballistic protection for the crew and troop to the level 2 (STANAG 4569) and mine protection level 2a and 2b. With additional armour the ballistic protection is increased to level and mine protection to level 3a and 3b.
Lazar 2 MRAV MRAP Multi-Purpose 8x8 armoured vehicle technical data sheet specifications pictures - Army Recognition - Army Recognition

**armor level classification: STANAG 4569 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MaxxPro protection: Vehicle utilizes a crew capsule and has a V-shaped hull, which do not extends to the engine bay. A V-shaped hull deflects the mine of IED blast away from the vehicle. During tests this MRAP vehicle survived a 7 kg land mine blast. Armor of the MaxxPro was designed and manufactured by the Israeli Plasan. Armored hull is bolted together rather than welded. This facilitates repair in the field conditions. Vehicle can be fitted with add-on armor. It also provides protection against direct fire and RPG rounds. The MaxxPro is fitted with NBC protection system. The V-hull deflects the blast of a land mine or improvised explosive device (IED) away from the vehicle to protect its occupants. Because the chassis is mounted outside the armored crew capsule, there are concerns that it will likely be destroyed in the event of an ambush, leaving the soldiers inside stranded.

International MaxxPro Navistar MRAP mine protected vehicle data sheet specifications information UK - Army Recognition - Army Recognition
MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle | Military-Today.com

### In armored protection Lazar 2 also superior to Maxxpro :enjoy:

Again,,,,

Lazar is a multipurpose IFV/ AFV + MRAP, while Navistar is a heavy duty MRAP, big difference!

One is 18-28 ton class whereas other is 40 ton+

* Lazar-2

Specifications
Weight16.3 t empty basic (with applique 28 t)
Length7.25 m (23 ft 9 in)
Width1.5 m - 2 m
Height2.45 m (up to armored hull roof)
Crew3 + 10 passengers
ArmorBasic Lv.III, Applique Lv.V
Main
armament20x110 mm autocannon M55
Secondary
armament7.62mm gun, 30mm grenade launcher
Enginediesel
440 hp
Suspension2x2 tandem axles
Operational
range600 km before refueling
Speed90 km/h (56 mph)

* NAvistar Maxx Pro

SPECIFICATIONS

Length 254"

Width
102'

Height
120"

Wheel Base 153"

Curb Weight
37,850 lb

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating
43,500 lbs

Payload
3,650 lbs

Fording Depth
36" w/out prep

Turning Diameter
62'

Again,,,,

Lazar is a multipurpose IFV/ AFV + MRAP, while Navistar is a heavy duty MRAP, big difference!

One is 18-28 ton class whereas other is 40 ton+

* Lazar-2

Specifications
Weight16.3 t empty basic (with applique 28 t)
Length7.25 m (23 ft 9 in)
Width1.5 m - 2 m
Height2.45 m (up to armored hull roof)
Crew3 + 10 passengers
ArmorBasic Lv.III, Applique Lv.V
Main
armament20x110 mm autocannon M55
Secondary
armament7.62mm gun, 30mm grenade launcher
Enginediesel
440 hp
Suspension2x2 tandem axles
Operational
range600 km before refueling
Speed90 km/h (56 mph)

* NAvistar Maxx Pro

SPECIFICATIONS

Length 254"
Width 102'
Height 120"

Wheel Base 153"
Curb Weight 37,850 lb
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating 43,500 lbs
Payload 3,650 lbs
Fording Depth 36" w/out prep
Turning Diameter 62'
why are you bringing basic lazar while we are talking about lazar 2 ? if you still ignore armor protection level info then nothing to do
accha thik hey, even the world gets destroyed MaxxPro mrap will survive, happy ? btw lazar 2 info extremely modified in your post and MaxxPro is not 40+ ton LMAO, tank banadiya kiya isko ?
Facepalm.png

why are you bringing basic lazar while we are talking about lazar 2 ? if you still ignore armor protection level info then nothing to do
accha thik hey, even the world gets destroyed MaxxPro mrap will survive, happy ? btw lazar 2 info extremely modified in your post
Facepalm.png

o bhai, :D

lazar-2 carries more personnel with an adequate fighting capability, see the roof with a max pro can carry 4-6 at best, lazar-2 is an Armoured Fighting vehicle, Maxx pro is just an MRAP, didnt get me yet?

Ok. see the pics? count the window hatches and tyres on each side. :rofl:

Lazar_2_BVT-650x396.jpg

Maxx Pro

LAND_MRAP_MaxxPro_CAT-I_Camp_Liberty_Iraq_lg.jpg

get it? :)

@BDforever

There's a good chance of Pakistan locally producing Lazar 2.

comparing Lazar 2 and Maxxpro is like comparing F-16 to F-18.

Lazar 2 is a Multi-role APC whereas Maxxpro is an MRAP vehicle.

STANAG 4569

Level 2

Kinetic Energy
7.62 x 39 API BZ at 30 meters with 695 m/s

Grenade and Mine Blast Threat
6 kg (explosive mass) Blast AT Mine:
2a – Mine Explosion pressure activated under any wheel or track location.
2b – Mine Explosion under center.

Level 3
Kinetic Energy
7.62 x 51 AP (WC core) at 30 meters with 930 m/s

Grenade and Mine Blast Threat
8 kg (explosive mass) Blast AT Mine:
3a – Mine Explosion pressure activated under any wheel or track location.
3b – Mine Explosion under center.

The hull of the Lazar 2 provides a basic ballistic protection for the crew and troop to the level 2 (STANAG 4569) and mine protection level 2a and 2b. With additional armour the ballistic protection is increased to level and mine protection to level 3a and 3b.

Whereas

Maxxpro has survived a 7 kg (15 lb) land mine blast with no injuries.

Conclusion :

Lazar 2 (without Add-on Armor) provide less protection than Maxxpro against Mine blasts.

Lazar 2 (with Add-on Armor) provide greater protection than Maxxpro against Mine blasts.

@BDforever @Dazzler

Sounds unbelievable to me. No one is going to pay for maintaining these white elephants.

Maintaining them is not going to be much of a chellenge:

1. Plenty of spares from A.) Afghanistan, B.) Friends (Jordan, other contingents), C.) Suppliers themselvs.
2. If needed, we can make parts. This is likely not some complicated affair involving classified alloys and hi-tech metalurgy.
3. Most moving parts are part of navistar's commercial product portfolio. So, not a difficult affair.

Even during sanctions we were able to source F-16 parts, sometimes from USA itself. So, again, not much of a problem in itself.

Back
Top Bottom