What's new

p 17 & type 052c comparison

China 056 & 052C, 052D is far superior!

Good luck going up against the DDG-1000 Zumwalt:rofl:

Zumwalt class destroyer

OMG, this beast may have Electromagnetic Railguns, 2 x 155mm Advanced Gun Systems (this thing knocks down targets at 154km and carries some 750 rounds of ammo), and other advanced weapons only seen in Star Wars until now.

Good luck going up against the DDG-1000 Zumwalt

Zumwalt class destroyer

OMG, this beast may have Electromagnetic Railguns, 2 x 155mm Advanced Gun Systems (this thing knocks down targets at 154km and carries some 750 rounds of ammo), and other advanced weapons only seen in Star Wars until now.

Railgun won't be ready until 2035 at the earliest (see citation below). It's decades away.

By the way, what does the Zumwalt have to do with the P-17/Shivalik, which is based on foreign technology?

----------

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2011/06...on-lose-senate-funding-face-uncertain-future/

"Jun 20, 2011 – General Atomics tests the Blitzer railgun, a prototype weapon that fires slugs ... But the project wouldn't have been completed until 2035 at the earliest..."

Nope. PLAN frigates/destroyers carry C-802 type of ASCMs that have a max range between 180 and 200km and their speed doesn't exceed 0.8 Mach at cruise stage, making them easier to be intercepted by SAMs.

IN's BrahMos and Klub have a range of upto 300km and BrahMos can reach upto 2.8 Mach at cruise stage and rapidly drops altitude as it closes in, making it more difficult for SAMs to intercept them. IN vessels will have the cue to launch the first strike, the crucial one.

This is no place to dump your nocturnal emissions.

Your claim is not true. Chinese Type 054A frigate carries eight C-803 anti-ship missiles, which has a supersonic terminal phase.

References:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_054A_frigate

"2 x 4 C-803 anti-ship / land attack cruise missiles"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-803

"Speed:

Subsonic for initial target approach phase
Mach 1.3 for intermediary target approach phase (~30 km from the target)
Mach 1.7 for final target approach phase (~20 km from the target)
Mach 2 for terminal phase (~8 km from the target)"

Railgun won't be ready until 2035 at the earliest (see citation below). It's decades away.

By the way, what does the Zumwalt have to do with the P-17/Shivalik, which is based on foreign technology?

----------

Railgun, Laser Weapon Lose Senate Funding, Face Uncertain Future | Fox News

"Jun 20, 2011 – General Atomics tests the Blitzer railgun, a prototype weapon that fires slugs ... But the project wouldn't have been completed until 2035 at the earliest..."

As if Type-052C/D or Type-055 can score better than Zumwalt even if otherwise:lol:
I can sense it you are trying to divert the topic when you found out I was going to hit you with
DDG-1000 which belongs to our dear friend.;)

Har baap ka ek baap hota hai. Ask your Pakistani friends what that means.

As if Type-052C/D or Type-055 can score better than Zumwalt even if otherwise:lol:
I can sense it you are trying to divert the topic when you found out I was going to hit you with
DDG-1000 which belongs to our dear friend.;)

Har baap ka ek baap hota hai. Ask your Pakistani friends what that means.

You're going way off topic. If you want to discuss the Zumwalt, open a thread on it. It doesn't belong in this P-17/Shivalik vs. Type 054A frigate (or Type 052C destroyer) comparison.

Your claim is not true. Chinese Type 054A frigate carries eight C-803 anti-ship missiles, which has a supersonic terminal phase.

References:

Type 054A frigate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"2 x 4 C-803 anti-ship / land attack cruise missiles"

C-803 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Speed:

Subsonic for initial target approach phase
Mach 1.3 for intermediary target approach phase (~30 km from the target)
Mach 1.7 for final target approach phase (~20 km from the target)
Mach 2 for terminal phase (~8 km from the target)"

That's called a "supersonic sprint". Even the Russian Klub missiles we have in our inventory can
do that, genius;) And what a fool you have made of yourself, I had already stated "cruise stage speed"
and you began ranting about "terminal stage speed".:lol:

These missiles are designed for a subsonic cruise stage where there are most vulnerable to interception
due to steady altitude and speed. Unlike BrahMos PJ-10, these missiles cannot rapidly lose/gain altitude
or do evasive maneouvers like BrahMos can to escape interception.

Such missiles like the C-802/803 are designed with principles that have been around for over half a
century and SAMs like Shtil-1 or Barak-1 are well suitable for taking them down. I agree that
no missile can completely evade all defences, but PJ-10 makes it all the more likely that a successful
hit on the target takes place. Take a look at it's variable-altitude approach and last-minute maneuvers
it can do to confuse missile defences -

That's called a "supersonic sprint". Even the Russian Klub missiles we have in our inventory can
do that, genius;) And what a fool you have made of yourself, I had already stated "cruise stage speed"
and you began ranting about "terminal stage speed".

These missiles are designed for a subsonic cruise stage where there are most vulnerable to interception
due to steady altitude and speed. Unlike BrahMos PJ-10, these missiles cannot rapidly lose/gain altitude
or do evasive maneouvers like BrahMos can to escape interception.

Such missiles like the C-802/803 are designed with principles that have been around for over half a
century and SAMs like Shtil-1 or Barak-1 are well suitable for taking them down. I agree that
no missile can completely evade all defences, but PJ-10 makes it all the more likely that a successful
hit on the target takes place. Take a look at it's variable-altitude approach and last-minute maneuvers
it can do to confuse missile defences -

Tell me, what anti-missile missile on the P-17/Shivalik do you intend to use and intercept the C-803 anti-ship missile?

The American RIM-116 only has a range of 9km. The Chinese C-803 anti-ship missile travels at Mach 2 at 8km. Does India have a super-long range anti-missile missile that I don't know about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIM-116_Rolling_Airframe_Missile

"Range: 9 km (5.6 mi)"

Tell me, what anti-missile missile on the P-17/Shivalik do you intend to intercept the C-803 anti-ship missile?

The American RIM-116 only has a range of 9km. Does India have a super-long range anti-missile missile that I don't know about?

The answer to your question lies in my post #21. Read carefully, or just go to the previous page and see my comparison chart. I can see you're trying to make a point that Shtil-1/Barak-1 can't intercept a
missile at supersonic speed. So lemme clarify something to you, a missile's speed has less to do
with probability of interception, the evasive maneuvers and flight paths the missile takes are what make the difference at CI range.

The answer to your question lies in my post #21. Read carefully, or just go to the previous page and see my
comparison chart.

You're an idiot if you think the Brahmos is an anti-missile missile. I don't have time to play games with you. Since you don't have an answer, I'll just assume your full of crap.

See you later. You've been wasting my time.

You're an idiot if you think the Brahmos is an anti-missile missile. I don't have time to play games with you. Since you don't have an answer, I'll just assume your full of crap.

See you later. You've been wasting my time.

No you're the idiot around here. I was telling you about Shtil-1 and Barak-1 that I mentioned in
post #21. But you were so dumb that you couldn't actually figure that out becoz such a big picture of
BrahMos right there, you thought that's what I was talking about, man do you need glassess or how
about getting a brain instead?

and btw also see my edited post #23. I have to sleep now its 2:14 AM here, will get back to you in
the morning.

Good luck going up against the DDG-1000 Zumwalt:rofl:

Zumwalt class destroyer

What makes you think that China does not already have something like this in design already?

Quite possible that, by 2020, China will put the first of their equivalent in service.

It is funny how so many Pakistanis and Bangladeshis think China is their heroic protector who will protect them at all costs. No! China is serving its own interests and using you for its own needs. Be proud of your own achivments not someone else's and certainly not China's!

It is funny how so many Pakistanis and Bangladeshis think China is their heroic protector who will protect them at all costs. No! China is serving its own interests and using you for its own needs. Be proud of your own achivments not someone else's and certainly not China's!

Their policy is very sound, they wish to use a giant powerful successful country like China to do their dirty work. Yes, historically thats what has happened, big powerful countries exploited by small weak poor failed isolated countries.

My daddy strongest sounds much better in advertisements.

Back
Top Bottom