What's new

Owning dogs in Pakistan

REhorror

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
I have always fascinated by the Islam's faith rejection of dogs as pets.
I can probably Google this but it's better to ask the guys here.

I suppose it's legal to own dogs in Pakistan, yes? And how are dogs regarded in Pakistan society? What are the regular breed there?

In Viet Nam, we own a lot of dogs, and some of us still eat them, haha, they are kind of delicacy, exotic food.

I suppose it's legal to own dogs in Pakistan, yes? And how are dogs regarded in Pakistan society? What are the regular breed there?

In Viet Nam, we own a lot of dogs, and some of us still eat them, haha, they are kind of delicacy, exotic food.

We can keep them as pets but only as Guard dog or shepard dog. Meaning it has to have a house of it's own outside the house. Dog Saliva must be washed 7 times in Islam..

But as pets we keep cats and can even eat from the same bowl as them and sleep on the same bed. They are regarded as very clean animals

Islam doesn't reject dogs, it has its limitations with some of pets
1 You can keep as these to protect your property and similarly for other tasks not just as pets for sole purpose
Just like other animals, feed them, nurture them

Oh, so you guys can keep them, that's good.
I guess cats are cleaner and better for killing mouse, but I prefer dogs for their cheerfulness and strength.

millions in pakistan own dogs . i have them too what you are talking about :nono:
Eh, I'm not familiar with Pakistan laws, just asking you know, because muslims are famous for not being fond of dogs.

Eh, I'm not familiar with Pakistan laws, just asking you know, because muslims are famous for not being fond of dogs.
the good example is go to google and search then . almost every city of dozens of pet shops . muslims do not touch eat also hate pork only . dogs cats hens pegions and parrots are most common pets in pakistan .
even our PM is dog lover he have pet dogs

1629634844351.png

1629634888076.png

1629634961056.png

1629634903403.png

1629634913448.png

1629634927762.png

Prominent pets of powerful people

Some tamed animals have basked in sunshine of their owners' popularity | Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor’s dog Zoro also a celebrity now

Share:

Whatsapp

Prominent pets of powerful people

Maqbool Malik
October 05, 2019

Islamabad - Pakistan is no exception when it comes to keeping dogs and cats as pets. But some pets gain widespread fame and are adored by many. One such creature is Zoro the pet dog of Major General Asif Ghafoor, the Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations. The military officer is so fond of his dog that he would often post his pictures on his personal Instagram account. In those photos, the general can be seen affectionately stroking and cuddling Zoro, a pedigreed Thai Golden retriever.

Since the military’s spokesman has a huge social media following, his pet has also gained popularity as fans and followers dotted on the adorable creature. Zoro took a further leap in popularity recently as one of the star attractions of drama serial Ehd-e-Wafa, which is jointly produced by Hum TV and ISPR.

The pet dog has more than 10.3K followers on Instagram. A Champion, Zoro has taken part in dog competitions. According to Zoro’s Instagram (@zoro_retriever) he has taken part in dog competitions in Islamabad and taken home the prize. He’s no less a celebrity now.

Dogs are the most preferred pets among human beings, essentially due to their loyalty. They are believed to be the most comfortable companions as they make their owners stress-free. The bond between humans and dogs goes back to thousands of years.

Prime Minister Imran Khan is also fond of pet dogs. His pets were occasionally seen making an entry in the drawing-room during interviews by journalists. One of his dogs was often seen sprawled on the floors of the meeting rooms of Bani Gala secretariat as party ticket hopefuls made rounds of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf headquarters.

After becoming Prime Minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan’s pets have become so famous that they now have an official Wikipedia page titled ‘Pets of Imran Khan’. The Wikipedia page was added on August 6, 2018, days after Khan’s PTI secured majority in the July 25 general elections.

Imran Khan has owned five dogs, namely Sheru (lion), Motu (fat), Sherni (lioness), Pidu, and Maximus, according to Wikipedia. The page says that a typical day in Khan’s routine begins with breakfast, “walking the dogs and gathering his thoughts,” followed by morning exercise.

Sheru, an Alsatian, was gifted to Imran Khan by former president Pervez Musharraf in 2011, according to Wikipedia. The dog that Khan used to call ‘Tiger’ died in 2014. Motu is an offspring of Sheru and Sherni, a Kutchi dog. While Maximus is a Belgian shepherd.

Several other pet dogs and cats owned by prominent personalities have earned their place in Pakistan’s history.

Former Presidents of Pakistan, including General (r) Pervez Musharraf and Asif Ali Zardari were also fond of pets. General Musharraf’s canines were quite famous in the early days of the coup when he cuddled them in front of media cameras. These pictures portrayed him as a modern, progressive man and softened his image. The episode also marked the beginning of the “Enlightened Moderation” phenomenon.

Former President Zardari, who is now facing a corruption probe, had obsession with a variety of pets ranging from horses, camels and cats. During his presidency, Mr Zardari kept one particular cat close to him and talked about it affectionately in a TV interview. Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, the chairman of Pakistan Peoples Party, also has several pet dogs. The founding father of the country Muhammad Ali Jinnah was also fond of dogs. One picture of an impeccably dressed Mr Jinnah puffing a cigarette and playing with his dogs has now assumed an iconic status.

Dogs are a part and parcel of daily life in Pakistan. We have them mainly for guarding the house, guarding livestock and hunting.
Pakistan even has it's own national breed;

Please watch;

And here in it's native Pakistan;

By the way Muslim cultures differ greatly

even our father of nation was pet lover

1629635207722.png

ex- president and military dictator with his pets

1629635086792.png

1629635106067.png

1629635124811.png

If you own dogs in Pakistan, and if they bite someone then you can enter into an agreement with the victim and kill the dogs as punishment.

@Indos @DalalErMaNodi, this thread is not for us three cat lovers. This thread is full of dog pictures. :sad:

I got a dog actually when I was at junior high school, my uncle find it ( run away from the owner maybe) and bring him food, so the dog stays for a wile in my place until some one want to adopt it. But he sleep outside, in front of the house.

What I see the difficulty is the saliva is part of excrement according to Islam, even the body I believe full of it since they like to lick it. Own one will make my religious activity becomes more difficult and tiring.

In general I dont like dog since many are aggressive to the strangers

Founder of Pakistan - Mohammed Ali Jinnah 1947

1629635735684.png

1629635763420.png

Present Prime Minister of Pakistan - Imran Khan

1629635823141.png

1629636046967.png

Back
Top Bottom