What's new

Ottoman Athens and the Parthenon Mosque (Osmanl Atina's)

I really wished the Ottomans had held the city of Athens and the SE Europe. Turkiye today would have several European capitals under its territory. Making visiting Turkiye even more exciting. Ottomans should have better integrated the territories under their control.

One more anti imperialist in the true colors ;)

you know that Hagi Sophia had major faults and that the couple of it was about to break down...

the Ottoman architects reconstructed the couple and look at it, for over 500 years it still stands intact.

what Forummurat probably tries to say is that even under Ottoman rule the Greeks had all the freedom to practice their religion and now some cleric priest or whatever comes and says "it's a disgrace against the 'Christian martyrs' who fought for us"? WTF is that even supposed to mean?

it is truely unbelieveable that this guy holds so much power in a 'democratic' country. why isn't EU pressuring the Greek government to get rid of this issue. if a Muslim imam had made the same statement EU would be quick to condemn such a "hideous attack on religious freedom" but when the issue is Greece... 'meh'!

ohh and just so you know, Istanbul wasn't the first name of the city after we conquered it. it was Islambol, "city of Islam". then later on it was renamed to Istanbul, not Islambul! :lol:

I don't buy the agia sofia faults. Nor do a lot of architects.
I don't buy the etymology of the word but that is minor ..

I think religious people have authority in Turkey too, otherwise why would you want the mullah in Thrace to have political responsibilities?

Second, Greek political scene is making study on separating the church from the state, but it is how it is and these things don't change overnight.

Also, nobody pays much attention to priests in Greece when it comes to politics and policies and they don't have much political power or none at all.

and for the record, you haven't responded to my question.

why should Mosques be build in Athens ? what is so special about Athens? Wouldn't muslims be happy in a converted building as they are in London, or Manchester for example?

why should Mosques be build in Athens ? what is so special about Athens? Wouldn't muslims be happy in a converted building as they are in London, or Manchester for example?

SOME NEW MOSQUES OF LONDON

Bait-ul-Futuh_Mosque_in_London.JPG

nik_036.jpg

1178a.jpg

SOME NEW MOSQUES OF LONDON

Bait-ul-Futuh_Mosque_in_London.JPG

nik_036.jpg

1178a.jpg

Do you know how many muslims in london, and how many mosques and how many years of muslims in london?

Athens has just gotten an infuse of muslims, most transient and not permanent, why MUST a mosque be built?

why a converted building is not enough .. and if they develop into a 2nd 3rd generation, then we can see..

that is what happened in london ;)

Greeks have reasons not to have mosques, i think. Greeks are living in the west coast of aegean, we Turks live in the east coast. I think what Ottoman did, enough.

For a Millenia, Turks could not have achieved to fully Turkify Anatolia. it is time to consolidate our Gains and let Greeks coexist.

We shed our blood for Ottomans, Islam. To make every christian a Müslim, millions of Turks were sacrified. We lost a lot.

Do you know how many muslims in london, and how many mosques and how many years of muslims in london?

Athens has just gotten an infuse of muslims, most transient and not permanent, why MUST a mosque be built?

why a converted building is not enough .. and if they develop into a 2nd 3rd generation, then we can see..

Is not enough 200.000 Muslims for only 1 mosque according to Athens Criterias?
I suppose we must obtain permission from your war god..!

isnt it the greeks that started gayness and being gay was something good for them in their timess hahaha everyone knows you as gays , everyone i know when they here greek they think of them as gay

there is a lot of Turks living there, and beside 200 thousand. so i guess you wont have a problem with them praying in the middle of the street? everyone has the right of a place to worship. a mosque doesn't necessarily mean a big old architectural house with a couple. we have a lot of mosques in Norway even though this state is Christian.

it is only excuses, and BS. if those priests dont hold power why hasn't there been a single mosque built in Athen. remember those times when mosques where demolished in Greece and Athens when you got your independency?

nothing but a bunch of prejudiced and hatet people, no wonders your country is broke. everyone there is almost a 'retard'. no one thinks clearly, even other countries has to think for you.

i cant see a difference between your state church or whatever and fox news stupid statements about terror mosques! :lol:

in Kadıköy, istanbul there are at least 4 churches and only 1 mosque (and a small one). Of the churches, one is armenian, other one is Greek. Think the one near Akmar bookstore, is protestant.

Is not enough 200.000 Muslims for only 1 mosque according to Athens Criterias?
I suppose we must obtain permission from your war god..!

You are correct, one mosque is not enough, absolutely. You have to understand the mentality of every situation. Building a new mosque is provoking. Taking as many other buildings as necessary and converting them to mosques is the first step that is required for an easy entry into a new situation for the populous of Athens. Consider all the factors first, and then you will see the logic behind it.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

there is a lot of Turks living there, and beside 200 thousand. so i guess you wont have a problem with them praying in the middle of the street? everyone has the right of a place to worship. a mosque doesn't necessarily mean a big old architectural house with a couple. we have a lot of mosques in Norway even though this state is Christian.

it is only excuses, and BS. if those priests dont hold power why hasn't there been a single mosque built in Athen. remember those times when mosques where demolished in Greece and Athens when you got your independency?

nothing but a bunch of prejudiced and hatet people, no wonders your country is broke. everyone there is almost a 'retard'. no one thinks clearly, even other countries has to think for you.

i cant see a difference between your state church or whatever and fox news stupid statements about terror mosques! :lol:

be serious, not childish.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------
isnt it the greeks that started gayness and being gay was something good for them in their timess hahaha everyone knows you as gays , everyone i know when they here greek they think of them as gay
I will not even entertain you with an answer, grow up.

You are correct, one mosque is not enough, absolutely. You have to understand the mentality of every situation. Building a new mosque is provoking. Taking as many other buildings as necessary and converting them to mosques is the first step that is required for an easy entry into a new situation for the populous of Athens. Consider all the factors first, and then you will see the logic behind it.

while you can rent the acropolis for 2000 dollars a day for your bankrupt economy, you cant let few muslims enjoy the freedom of religion, and say it will 'provoke' the sentiments

'provoking' means the greeks are highly fundamentalist people and narrow minded

thanks for clarifying

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

in Kadıköy, istanbul there are at least 4 churches and only 1 mosque (and a small one). Of the churches, one is armenian, other one is Greek. Think the one near Akmar bookstore, is protestant.

yet greeks have more respect in eurpe than turkey, the europeans only respect their own people and doesnt matter how much turkey incines to europe

pathetic

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

and greeks feel proud of being birth place of european civilisation

There are some districts like Beyoglu and Kadikoy where non Muslim minorities used to live.
Kadikoy coastal area( rihtim) +4 churches and 2 mosques
Beyoglu istiklal street at least 3 church and 1 mosque.

while you can rent the acropolis for 2000 dollars a day for your bankrupt economy, you cant let few muslims enjoy the freedom of religion, and say it will 'provoke' the sentiments

'provoking' means the greeks are highly fundamentalist people and narrow minded

thanks for clarifying

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

yet greeks have more respect in eurpe than turkey, the europeans only respect their own people and doesnt matter how much turkey incines to europe

pathetic

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 AM ----------

and greeks feel proud of being birth place of european civilisation

i will clarify anything you like, Greeks have not killed anyone in the name of religion nor think anyone who is not christian is an enemy like obviously you do.

I personally, and most Greeks do not care what god you worship.

And I have lived in the UK far too long and I know who is a religious fanatic and who isn't .. so pakistanis should think before they just enter any conversation. Especially people who hate their own race (indians) just because they are not muslims... so don't go there..

renting the acropolis is a propaganda my the media and mindless people, and you shouldn't talk about bankruptcy, even a bankrupt Greece is 100 times better than Pakistan as attested by the thousands of your countrymen ferried by the turks to our shores every day as illegal immigrants...

ok boy ?

Back
Top Bottom