What's new

Osama Dead. Obama Confirms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how this house was so different that one should feel suspicious. Frequently you'll come across houses with high ceilings, barbed wires. Garbage burning is common practice in Pakistan.

Normally you ask for proof in every post. Now u got it.

I love American mentally...but if memory serves me correct didn't America supply Saddam with chemical weapons. So if we go by your theory America has made its self a target by Iran because it supplied Saddam Chemical weapons during the 80s.
No, your memory does not serve your right. America never supplied Saddam's government with a single rifle, bullet, tank, plane, grenade or chemical weapon. Agricultural chemicals exported to Iraq were reportedly used in Saddam's chemical weapons research and biological agents sent not by our military or Defence Dept., but by the centers for Disease Control for medical research for anti-biotics were also sent and reported used by Iraqs military. Trucks that were exported wound up in military use. Once information got back that these products were being used by Iraq by their security services, all exports were halted.

Iraqi chemical weapons program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So now we should suspect every home larger than its neighbors in Pakistan? And how long has it been since you were in Pakistan to not realize how many people in the cities still burn stuff at home? The construction is not anything out of ordinary in Pakistan - high walls and security. Absurd reasoning. Try and figure out how many millions of houses in Pakistan probably fit this profile.

yeah but how come US felt suspecious about that too ?...even when they were not in such a familiar territory .... ISI known to be a potent force in its field when they boast about "Every breath counts of its enemy" and Secret services are trained to "find, pick up needle inside a grass pileups".... i mean they are ment to be different from normal human beings..... then why they or anyone else failed in that attempt and too when its such a high security zone...... Obviously a long haul of Questions now in a way for Pakistan to clear staying inside cloud of fears of counter from extremists too.

Which facts would those be?

The established facts are that the area was cordoned off, power was cut off, and US helis flew for several hours over Pakistani airspace. All this cannot happen without Pakistani cooperation. Maybe in the movies, but not in real life.

The only claim that Pakistan did not know about the operation is from Obama's statement which, as I indicated, was part of the deal.

Official statements point otherwise. The operation was kept from the Pakistan. (probably because of my first opinion) It is not difficult to run these types of operations without detection for the U.S. (Israel has done many of these too on their neighbors). The U.S. has full capability to run short term operations such as these in Pakistan as was proven with the late reaction. After all many CIA operatives were operating in the country without ISI knowledge. It isn't like the border is well guarded since terrorists can operate on both sides. Couple terrain hugging helicopters crossing over is quite viable.

The first option is the most likely. There is no question that there are elements within the security establishment who are sympathetic to OBL. It does not indicate that the rot goes to the top or is system-wide.

I think it is a smaller group. If true this would signal that intelligence and/or military is compromised and restructuring has to occur.

No, the usual anti-Pakistan trolls are spinning it their way. Nobody's denying that there was likely some complicity within the security establishment, but some people are extrapolating it into their own agenda.

I agree there are some who are. However there are others that are in denial and continue to have a hard time with the news. Nothing positive has come out of this besides his death. Questions are already being asked now. Having a honest and rational approach to this is best.

That's your wishful thinking. The US is likely to push its luck but it will be business as usual in a short time. Nothing's going to change.

We will see. Of course once something like this happens it is not easy to keep anything as usual and in any time frame. Things will change but in what way time will tell.

PHP:
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/video/2011-05/04/c_13858259.htm

The neighbors did not mention anything in the report that would have indicated terrorists, let along Bin Laden. Lots of women and kids does not automatically translate to terrorist and OBL.

How is that interesting? Did the police know foreigners were there and what procedure was followed? A house search or simple registration by the head of household?

Isn't that the question to know, who's registration was there, infact one of the tip off the CIA was regarding this, that the family that registered did not reside there, but it was used as a residance....

I think circumstantial evidence makes the place stand out for sure... and we won't know if it was the circumstantial evidence which gave away the location or if it was the tracking of his movement which did so. You have to note that US wasn't sure till the end if OBL was actually there in the compound they raided.
But I think his family members would probably be moving within OBL's network which made their tracking as difficult as tracking the man himself.

No, it is quite inconceivable that the US lost track of his sons and wives. It's easy to hide one person, but to make his whole family disappear for a decade is too much.

Pakistan Public has more to lose by this so called DEAL(which i believe is wishful thinking)..Forget what secretly USA and Pakistan know.. The people across the globe now will always question the role of Pakistan in keeping the most wanted terrorist hidden for 10 years. The impact of this perception(which seems true at the time) will be seen in everyday life, work, business, social interaction for Pakistani citizens living across the world.

People differentiate between a country's army and ordinary people.

The U.S. was the one that found the whereabouts of his location in Pakistan. Meaning they had the upperhand on the intelligence and Military of the country he was in. It is viable others are also operating in the country. I could understand this if he was in a remote location with no contact with the outside world. However he was in a populated location living in a large compound with people coming and going from the house in a area that is crawling with military.

People forget one thing: the US was actively looking for bin Laden; Pakistan was not. All he had to do was bribe any overly-inquisitive local officials. It's unfair to blame Pakistan for failing to locate him since nobody in Pakistan was looking for him or had any reason to suspect he might be around.

You can call it 'hilarious' when you actually have answers to the questions posed. Otherwise cool off for a few days. I am not in the mood for tolerating trolling.

That OBL lived where he did was a brilliant move on his part. What better location than the last place you would be expected to be. And OBL had vanished off everyone's map, not just Pakistan's.

So you are warning me to not disagree?? Taking 1 line of my post independently without the following lines that justify the 1st. Isnt is very similar to Webbie's and Asim's comment of the site being taken down as it did not agree with the USA/Pakistan official stand..?? :disagree:

Anyway, as I said, brilliant or not.. Is it an excusable failure on part of the security establishment of Pakistan that the most wanted terrorist on earth, which all of Pakistan's leaders went on record claiming is not in Pakistan, was found in the middle of a garrison town of Pakistan. ? Forget all the perception issues around it, it still is a colossal miss on the part of ISI to allow this to happen. It may be a brilliant move on the part of OBL, but that doesnt change the fact that it defeated ISI and embarrassed all the leaders of Pakistan that claimed on record that Osama can not be in Pakistan. That imo is enough for the head to take the moral responsibility and resign..

Vcheng says :
Seems clear to me to but please remember that "There are none as blind as those who do not wish to see".

Describes the attitude some, otherwise bright and sane, have chosen to take.

Anyway, some one help me with this :

What kind of helicopters were used??

When the one helicopter was destroyed, another one was dispatched ?- dispatched from where? If another was not dispatched, did some members of SEAL team six leave by road

I don't understand what a lot of members here are defending. Are they saying Osama living in a mansion in Pakistan's urban city is business as usual and does not indicate a security failure..??

One question..Is Osama being found living in the middle of a garrison city of Pakistan, any less of a failure than what 26/11 was for India?? I am leaving 9/11 out since at that time, the threat of terrorism in USA was not of same proportions as it exists in the world today..

Why so hostile? If you have confidence in your argument, there is no need for such statements
What is so hostile about pointing out the absurdity of an argument based on the fact that the house was 'suspicious because it was larger in size than its neighbors'?
--- Large compounds a dime a dozen in Pakistan, you say, we really must know of two very different Pakistans
Apparently you must never step outside of shantytowns in Pakistan ...
-- anyway, local authorities make it their business to know what's what and who's who in their locality and that ISI and military police did not investigate who property owners are and who lives so close to the PMA -- well, really it's beyond belief
'Know who's who', by the local police, yes, by the ISI in a peaceful military town, no. And the house wasn't registered in the name of OBl or Zawahiri now was it?

Vcheng says :

Describes the attitude some, otherwise bright and sane, have chosen to take.

Anyway, some one help me with this :

What kind of helicopters were used??

When the one helicopter was destroyed, another one was dispatched ?- dispatched from where? If another was not dispatched, did some members of SEAL team six leave by road

Good questions, Add to this question:

Was his body dispacted to Indian, Atlantic or Pacific Ocean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom