What's new

Osama Dead. Obama Confirms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the news about Pakistani radars being jammed is true, I can see another big Indian Military procurement tender coming out soon. Really give a lot of us a reality check about so called declining power of USA

Radar could never be jammed , it is billion dollar industry , than no country purchase these toys lol

The US had the upper hand because of their superior electronic surveillance capabilities. It was the monitored phone call that allowed them to track the courier who led them to the compound.

As for the house itself - the only people that residents reported 'coming and going' were the other residents, not Bin laden - so what exactly was supposed to be suspicious about it?

So your saying there really was no way for anyone to know OBL was living in a large compound in a populated area for years that is walking distance of Pakistan's main military academy ? Come on AM really ? It just took everybody by surprise ? I have my doubts for obvious reasons. However i will give you the benefit. What is your take on elements within agencies that knew he was there. Surely there was a network involved that actually building his compound and moved him and family members there. How far do you think this extends to ?

so what exactly was supposed to be suspicious about it?

Yes, counting Three dozens people also living there!!!!!!!!!!!!

US statements indicated 2 adult men aside from Laden, two women, and some children.

Where did the rest go?

Now u had an epic post,CIA had made it official that Pakistan and its agencies were kept in dark during all this 4 yrs of pursuing Osama,ISI did the real part,and what was that.

According to CIA if ISI was aware they had missed Laden this time also,and US training in Kakul,bro please be little more aware about defense issue's.

CIA badly failed in Afghanistan how they could succeed inside Pakistan ? lolzzzzzz

Children said they heard women speaking Arabic, and that is supposed to imply Bin Laden how? Did these 'children' or any 'adults' report 'Arabic speaking women' to the authorities?

What is 'all this time'? So far I have read 1 year to a few months and several years. Which one is it?

And again, what reason would the IB or ISI have to suspect the house?

Seriously, the denial is almost hilarious now..

Forget everything about the accusations of complicity. The failure itself of allowing the most wanted terrorist of the world to live among the mansions of the senior and retired generals of the Fauj, yards away from the biggest military academy in Pakistan for an extended period of time is a huge embarrassment to Pakistanis in general and Army specifically. You can find 100 excuses to say why it was not possible to point Osama out but at the end of it, this is at best a colossal failure of Pakistan security establishment and at worst a betrayal of huge proportions. Next few days will tell where between these 2 extremes, the opinion of people who matter settles in

So your saying there really was no way for anyone to know OBL was living in a large compound in a populated area for years that is walking distance of Pakistan's main military academy ? Come on AM really ? It just took everybody by surprise ? I have my doubts for obvious reasons. However i will give you the benefit. What is your take on elements within agencies that knew he was there. Surely there was a network involved that actually building his compound and moved him and family members there. How far do you think this extends to ?

Jigs, you are not making a factual argument. If no one suspected that OBL would move to A'Bad, and there was nothing obviously suspicious about the residence, why would it be suspected?

There were a very limited number of people who lived there, all trusted OBL couriers, and there is no indication that OBL moved around visibly. So what should have made the authorities suspicious?

Even if Pakistan was in the know, this was a very poor decision, to allow the US to take the lead in the operations. This operation should have been Pakistani led and claimed.

I see very little benefit in allowing the US to take the credit for the ops, but then again, this is the same Zardari government that was shamelessly silent at the murders of two of its top political leaders, Taseer and Bhatti, at the hands of extremists, out of fear.

Not even a child (an educated one though) will believe that the civilian authority in Pakistan has the power to allow or disallow something like this. But go ahead and shield the misdoings of PA as most Pakistanis have always done. There is still a lot left in Pakistan that can be spoiled..

what reason would the IB or ISI have to suspect the house?

A property supposedly 8 times larger than any other in the neighborhood, the construction of the compound, the fact that trash was not collected from this property and thatt hey burnt their trash, the fact that unlike other homes in the neighborhood this large property had no phone or internet connection-

Anyway AM, after your misguided effort, the truth will come out -- See Osama could not be the only ones there, there may well be an entire support system -- and of course WHEN it becomes clear that some Pakistani authorities did indeed know, and were indeed on the payroll and members of a so called religious political party were involved --- well, one wonder where they think they will run to, unless of course they can blackmail even higher ups in the establishment and force the state to protect them from "justice", as the US types, say

Pakistani forces are best in world , soon US cadet will be trained in Kakul , ISI done the real part of operation , real job was to identify the target hit the target was not big deal , Punjab Elite police can do this operation without any lose .

I will be most happy if you give me some source about ISI. all i read is all of them cursing us. Our foreign ministry spokesperson told something else.

CIA director Leon Panetta has said Pakistan needs to be frank about why they missed the compound hiding Osama bin Laden | The Australian

U.S.-Pakistani Tensions Rise After Bin Laden Raid - NYTimes.com

Death of Osama bin Laden: Obama's glory and Pakistan's shame? - International Business Times

The fact that Pakistan was not only not involved, but not even informed, of the incursion of U.S. Navy SEALs into its territory, speaks volumes about the levels of trust between the U.S.A and its supposed ally.

The most obvious reason for this is fear that should the Pakistani intelligence service, the ISI, have got wind of the operation, elements within it would have tipped off bin Laden, giving him the chance to escape.

This alone would be bad enough but the nature of bin Laden's hideout raises rather more uncomfortable questions for Pakistan.

my question is what army and air force were doing?

Even if Pakistan was in the know, this was a very poor decision, to allow the US to take the lead in the operations. This operation should have been Pakistani led and claimed.

I see very little benefit in allowing the US to take the credit for the ops, but then again, this is the same Zardari government that was shamelessly silent at the murders of two of its top political leaders, Taseer and Bhatti, at the hands of extremists, out of fear.

Yes but if they did know. They must have been a reason to have not given him up. However it is obvious that if Pakistan knew they certainly didnt know about this operation since they would have acted on it themselves.

Seriously, the denial is almost hilarious now..
You can call it 'hilarious' when you actually have answers to the questions posed. Otherwise cool off for a few days. I am not in the mood for tolerating trolling.
Forget everything about the accusations of complicity. The failure itself of allowing the most wanted terrorist of the world to live among the mansions of the senior and retired generals of the Fauj, yards away from the biggest military academy in Pakistan for an extended period of time is a huge embarrassment to Pakistanis in general and Army specifically. You can find 100 excuses to say why it was not possible to point Osama out but at the end of it, this is at best a colossal failure of Pakistan security establishment and at worst a betrayal of huge proportions. Next few days will tell where between these 2 extremes, the opinion of people who matter settles in
That OBL lived where he did was a brilliant move on his part. What better location than the last place you would be expected to be. And OBL had vanished off everyone's map, not just Pakistan's.

Jigs, you are not making a factual argument. If no one suspected that OBL would move to A'Bad, and there was nothing obviously suspicious about the residence, why would it be suspected?

I am using common sense. Your not. There are two things to speculate on as solid facts on these are not out. I am exploring both.

There were a very limited number of people who lived there, all trusted OBL couriers, and there is no indication that OBL moved around visibly. So what should have made the authorities suspicious?

I think it would make people very suspicious of who exactly lived in the compound. It isn't like it was farm out in the middle of some fields where people wouldn't question it much. Many people were in the general location. It was a military area. You ask questions unless your incompetent. That seems to be making more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom