What's new

Option's for PAF ?

till PAF has orders a heavy western fighter like the F-15, it doesn't have answer to the rafale.

J-31s will be no match for the Rafale F4s. Shout all you will, but no it won't be.

till PAF has orders a heavy western fighter like the F-15, it doesn't have answer to the rafale.

J-31s will be no match for the Rafale F4s. Shout all you will, but no it won't be.
All these are hypotheticals; there is just so much myth being built around J-31s typical chinese propaganda.

All these are hypotheticals; there is just so much myth being built around J-31s typical chinese propaganda.
Denel.
I would like to hear your views on the J31.
Regards
A

its all there in art of war.

china actively avoids deviating from the art of war philosophy.

J-31 will be a success in itself. whether it will be a game changing model in the air, is another story altogether.

Denel.
I would like to hear your views on the J31.
Regards
A
friend, the issue with all chinese technology in my experience has been unless you get hold of a working model from paper it is difficult to even project; in many technologies i have taken apart from PRC; what is on paper or documented turns out to be a complete false narrative and does not uphold to systematic testing.
If I was to test J31 for its stealth, i will go through a full battery of testing including leveraging obsolete vhf radar which are known to detect stealth aircraft.
Not downplaying it but rather being cautious in terms of giving it too much merit for now.

friend, the issue with all chinese technology in my experience has been unless you get hold of a working model from paper it is difficult to even project; in many technologies i have taken apart from PRC; what is on paper or documented turns out to be a complete false narrative and does not uphold to systematic testing.
If I was to test J31 for its stealth, i will go through a full battery of testing including leveraging obsolete vhf radar which are known to detect stealth aircraft.
Not downplaying it but rather being cautious in terms of giving it too much merit for now.

Hi,

Thanks for the post---. Stealth is a function of the design first of all---. The J31 meets that part of the criteria---the shape is stealthy---twin tails slanted are a part of the stealth aircraft feature.

So---a design based on the F35---should by default be a stealthy design in principal---. How much stealth design is it in relation to the F35 or the F22---that is where your science comes in---.

But by the default of the design---it would be stealthier than any 4.5 gen aircraft out there---.

Hi,

Thanks for the post---. Stealth is a function of the design first of all---. The J31 meets that part of the criteria---the shape is stealthy---twin tails slanted are a part of the stealth aircraft feature.

So---a design based on the F35---should by default be a stealthy design in principal---. How much stealth design is it in relation to the F35 or the F22---that is where your science comes in---.

But by the default of the design---it would be stealthier than any 4.5 gen aircraft out there---.
Yes but the shapes are determined to be optimal for certain common uhf/suhf wavelengths; that is the achilles heel of any stealth; if needed drop the radar freq down to lower VHF spectrum will make it visible. Combine it with bayesian based models NN's, it will show up as a target.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom