What's new

Opinions about "Urdu"

One more thing, Urdu does not need transformation rather Urdu speaking people need to transform themselves from lazy a$$e$ to working bums!

This way, when you bring your order, the names of scientific inventions will be in your language.

Names of scientific invetions will be the same everywhere as they are, they cant be changed and they dont need to be changed as you said above. I dont know how somebody tries to change Watt to something in Urdo? you simply cant do it, and neither it is wise. on the other hand, other things can have its urdo meaning. for example instead of velocity, acceleration, gravity etc you could say an urdo word, we have the same thing in our language in farsi.

^

Yes that is true. Names of scientific inventions or proper nouns are the same in every language.

The Urdu word for "gravity" is "Kashish".

I don't know if Pakistanis understand the gravity of this situation. This is very bad for Pakistan because if Urdu does not advance or improve it's vocabulary words in science, math, law, etc it will become an obsolete language and ineffectual (in fact it is already). It also holds back people who only speak Urdu from learning higher level sciences in Urdu language.

I personally think this is a huge danger. When a nations language fails to meet the standards of the century that is frightening. In order to compensate for Urdu's comzori (weakness) in vocabulary words Pakistanis rely on English (even when it's not a matter of Urdu proficiency).

People are saying languages evolve over time. Yes they do. Though Urdu is somewhat stagnant and needs to improve 100,000's of more words need to be added to the language.

Specific words, not necessarily ambiguous ones that are all too common in Urdu. An entire set of medical, mathematical, scientific terminology must be created in Urdu.

Urdu may be one of the "most beautiful languages" but it is also ineffectual in many academic fields in higher learning.

somebody gave the equavalent of electromagnatic field into urdo, i think it was a direct translation. direct translations dont make sense sometimes.

Living here in US, when someone asks me what other languages do you speak, I tell someone I also speak "Urdu" a word very tough for non-Pakistanis and non Urdu/Hindi speakers to pronounce and understand.

So what about the word itself? Do any of you think the word "Urdu" sounds odd it's the only four letter word (that comes to mind easily) that contains two "U's" and a relatively tough "R" to pronounce for people of other languages. Sometimes I just tell people to pronounce it as the Turkish/Turkce word "Ordu".

Look at other words for various languages English, Arabic/Arabi, Turkish/Turkce, French/Francais, Espanol/Spanish, Deutsch/German, Farsi, Hindi, etc.

But then the word "Urdu" for Pakistan's official language sounds special or odd. Now I am not saying because some westerners or non-Pakistani can't pronounce Urdu correctly we should change the name of the language. I'm asking if the word sounds odd to even other Pakistanis. "Ur" and then a "Du" lol. When an English speaker has trouble pronouncing it I tell them to say it like the word "Or" and then "Do" which makes it easier for them.

I also read and hear many people say oh Urdu is such a beautiful language...Yeah that's nice but other languages I think have better structure that is befitting for 21st century advance and intelligent communication. Look at English, French, and German these languages are masters at science, math, law, medical, technical, and other fields. Many times Urdu doesn't even have a scientific word that English has.

For example, what are the Urdu words for "electromagnetic field"? Or "cardiopulmonary resuscitation"? Maybe someone will give the "Urdu" equivalent to those words but the point is AFAIK Urdu lacks in scientific, mathematical, law, technical vocabulary compared to prominent western languages.

Also the structure of Urdu words like how new words are made need to improve as far as prefixes, word endings, etc go. I know Urdu isn't always built that way but perhaps that's one reason why it's lacking in a framework structure which may make it harder to make new reasonable words. I hope most of you understand what I mean or have my experience or thoughts.

You mean to say if don't pronouns your name correctly so you will change your name?
so many logics is in my mind

so what about School in Pakistan so many people didn't pronouns School properly so they must change?:azn:

^

Yes that is true. Names of scientific inventions or proper nouns are the same in every language.

The Urdu word for "gravity" is "Kashish".

I don't know if Pakistanis understand the gravity of this situation. This is very bad for Pakistan because if Urdu does not advance or improve it's vocabulary words in science, math, law, etc it will become an obsolete language and ineffectual (in fact it is already). It also holds back people who only speak Urdu from learning higher level sciences in Urdu language.

I personally think this is a huge danger. When a nations language fails to meet the standards of the century that is frightening. In order to compensate for Urdu's comzori (weakness) in vocabulary words Pakistanis rely on English (even when it's not a matter of Urdu proficiency).

What you guys say the word "computer"in Urdu?

It is international accepted that what ever they invent it will automatically adopt in every language as it is so there will be no word for Computer in urdu except computer

You mean to say if don't pronouns your name correctly so you will change your name?
so many logics is in my mind

so what about School in Pakistan so many people didn't pronouns School properly so they must change?:azn:

No, read again (my first post). What I asked if people thought the word for Urdu sounded odd to anyone especially to people in comparison to other names for language.

Anyone think we should have an alternative name for Urdu for international purposes? For example the the Turks call their language "Turkce" but internationally the language is often called "Turkish". The same could be done for Urdu. People can call it Urdu or by an alternative name for international purposes. Many languages have it (see first post for a list of languages).

Urdish, Ordish, Urduan, lol (don't take the names too seriously).

What you guys say the word "computer"in Urdu?

It is international accepted that what ever they invent it will automatically adopt in every language as it is so there will be no word for Computer in urdu except computer

Please take the time to read my posts thoroughly because you are making incorrect inferences and have the wrong understandings. My posts already answer your questions.

A1 KAID

I understand western scientist developed and invented and discovered many things hence things were primarily named in their language like the word "computer" even an Urdu speaker calls it a "computer" there is no Urdu word for "computer"."

Than what is the disagreement sir?

"In my opinion Urdu is behind. The language of Urdu needs major improvement."

Well, you killed two chickens with one bullet. You can add words in Urdu vocabulary but saying that Urdu is not a 21st century language is not true.

As I mentioned earlier, you could invent computer and name it 'lala bhai ki machine'

The world would have followed you and your name.

So, you have not invented things--The best way to fill the gap is to add new words in the language.

So, you have not invented things--The best way to fill the gap is to add new words in the language.

Your not understanding the points being made here. It's not about inventions, it's about language and vocabulary words, improvement, adding new words that are needed to understand intelligent, advance, complex ideas about various fields of academics and study.

Pakistanis did not invent the modern day fan but we have a word for that in Urdu. The point of what your saying is really silly.

" it's about language and vocabulary words, improvement, adding new words that are needed to understand intelligent,"

Did you not read the post you quoted?

"The best way to fill the gap is to add new words in the language."

Urdu has Iqbal. enough said

"lutf marnay mein hay baqi, na maza jeenay mein
kuch maza hay tou yehe khoon-e-jigar penay mein
kitnay baytab hain johar maray aaenay mein
kis qadar julway trrapty hain meray seenay mein
iss gulistan mein magar dekhnay walay hee nahin
dagh jo seenay mein rakhtay houn wo lalay hee nahin"

Back
Top Bottom