What's new

Opinionated - How India can "checkmate" China in a week if war breaks out

I am sorry to ask this, but are there special exercises to develop this insightful approach?

Do you even get that the Chinese Type 99 is a copy of a copy?

Why am I even responding to posts like this?
It's hard to understand why a tank with a different engine placement is a replica? A bizarre article made up, a rubbish product with no reference value

It's hard to understand why a tank with a different engine placement is a replica? A bizarre article made up, a rubbish product with no reference value
I love your choice of words. So apt.
Correct opinion should have been welcomed
If you choose to ignore it in the interests of a display of national chauvinism, you will get this kind of indifference. Your opinions no longer matter.

I love your choice of words. So apt.

If you choose to ignore it in the interests of a display of national chauvinism, you will get this kind of indifference. Your opinions no longer matter.
Ignore the huge difference in structure between the two, and don't make an explanation for the differences that have been copied by demonstrations, and directly label those who raise objections as their own. Such behavior is not what a logical person should do. People who do this will not get any respect.

Ignore the huge difference in structure between the two, and don't make an explanation for the differences that have been copied by demonstrations, and directly label those who raise objections as their own. Such behavior is not what a logical person should do. People who do this will not get any respect.
That ship has sailed.

Your behaviour, and those of your compatriots, has been consistent. Always conjuring up racial superiority with no logic whatsoever, scraping the bottom of the barrel, and assuming that things never existed until they were copied and re-built by the champion copying and re-building industry of the world.

And trust me, I don't need your respect, or those of your caucus.

That ship has sailed.

Your behaviour, and those of your compatriots, has been consistent. Always conjuring up racial superiority with no logic whatsoever, scraping the bottom of the barrel, and assuming that things never existed until they were copied and re-built by the champion copying and re-building industry of the world.

And trust me, I don't need your respect, or those of your caucus.
You talk a bunch of nonsense and I don't see any answer to your actual question other than labelling others. You said 99 was a copy, I brought up a huge difference in structure, and your answer was just inexplicable crap, I don't care if you need my respect. I'm just stating that this behavior is unworthy of respect

You carefully avoided getting the point.

As long as Type 99As were sitting there unopposed, there was neither a cheep nor a squeak about the technical inferiority of these behemoths.

The moment T90s landed up facing them, realisation dawned on our Chinese experts that all of these were inefficient, and only the Type 15 was fit for the environment there.

The moment something like the Type 15 turns up, the product of 7 to 10 years of earnest and sincere photocopying, we will probably be told that the day of the armoured vehicle is over, the day of the articulated robot dog has come (never mind the Sony watermark on the user manuals).
No need, the sheer sight of the Arjun would blow the PLA away. India supapowa!

No need, the sheer sight of the Arjun would blow the PLA away. India supapowa!
There are no Arjuns up there, except in your nightmares.

Chinese internet experts! And this one joined April 28, and is ONE MESSAGE OLD.

Interestingly, the "National Interest" magazine in the US gave the Type 99 a glowing review......they also claimed it is an indigenous Chinese design. Reserving my judgment until I see further evidence....

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/china’s-type-99-main-battle-tank-everything-you-ever-wanted-know-144072
Don't reserve your judgement; look up the design and engineering trail. Also look up what National Interest said about the T90.

How is this dumpster fire of a thread still ongoing? :coffee: If India is so confident it can wipe the floor with China on the battlefield, just launch your special military operation already and get it over with, no need to brag on a Pakistani forum about how you'll do it.

Yes you read that right. You are surprised?

China has a big weakness nobody seems to be talking about. Before we talk about that let us do a small military comparision.

Who would win in a war between India and China? Why? - Quora

As you can see China is superior to India in almost every category except tanks and artillery. But in this scenario China is attacking India. India only has to defend itself. Now we can talk about China's biggest weakness:

Geography

We are going to divide the war into land, sea and air theatres. We start with discussing a land war between Indian army and PLA. No need to mention manpower because its the same.

Land warfare- India vs China

The fact that China has 35000 armoured vehicles and India only 12000 does not mean anything considering the geograpgy. The border is spread out 100s of kilometers of rocky, inhospitable, monstrously huge himalayas with narrow bases.

main-qimg-6033c1044368d2b40f4b79065a108772-pjlq

The first thing we can do is to destroy bridges, turn all weather roads to ashes and block strategic mountain passes. When this done China has no hope of advancing.

Air warfare- India vs China

Fanboys will be talking about superior chinese quantity and quality, but what about logistics? Take a look:

main-qimg-c3ede32ecd944e8a27fdfcc37254540f-pjlq

PLAAF only has 5 large airbases in Tibet and 2 in Xinjiang. Meanwhile we have 20 bases with flight range of the LAC. The majority of the 3000 PLAAF aircraft are on the eastern side. 3500 km away from where the action will be happening.

main-qimg-ced305b39114e1fd771a81ed42f39ce5-pjlq

This would mean mid-air refueling. It would longer time to respond to Indian attack. Should I also mention that we would be able to track them before they reach war theater?

There is yet another logistic problem. Cargo weight....

Indian airbases with the exception of a few are the on the plains.

The airbases in Tibet are at an altitude of 4000m above sea level.

The lower air density at such high altitudes hampers jet engines and limits the amount of Weapons and fuel military aircraft can carry while still being able to take off.

Meteorological conditions across the Tibetan Plateau, moreover, are unpredictable, making it difficult to plan high-intensity air campaigns.

In short, the PLAAF cannot hope to run a Sustained air campaign.

Sea warfare- India vs China

This one is very interesting. China has the largest navy in the world. We are massively outclasses in both quantity and quality. Look at the submarine ratio or destroyer ratio.

But again the poor chinese have a geography problem.

We are talking about the choke point in strait of malacca

main-qimg-4bf5a031327f4dd63b240d0803c427f5-lq

If the Chinese navy entered the Indian ocean region with the goal of engaging the Indian navy, they would have to come through this strait. The channel is very narrow. Only 2 km at its narrowest point. It would be difficult for the Chinese to send naval assets since Indian navy is going to guard the entrance via Indira port.

What do fighter jets, tanks and warship run on? Oil.... 80% of China's oil is imported through the straict of malacca. A naval blockade would bring a oil crisis in China.

This is why i said that China can be checkmated in a week by India.

CCP can push all they want, but they will meet strong resistance and retaliation from the Indian Army, Airforce and Navy.

And then they will learn their lesson.

Jai Hind!

What are you waitig for then? Instead of roadshitting start the war and bring glory to the super power land.

I don't think you understand the simple fact: you can't identify where an oil tanker is going. very few oil tanker uses the national flag. they all use 3rd country flags of convenience and are typically owned by 3rd country companies.

the only way to do so is to search the oil tanker. that means Indian Navy has to identify, board and stop the oil tankers. Indian Navy does not have the capability to do this for every oil tanker. China can also pay oil tanker companies extra money to route around South America if need be. China has sufficient foreign reserves to do this. India can't stop this from occurring.

and that's assuming PLAN doesn't even fight Indian Navy. In reality, PLAN just loaded 1000+ km hypersonic missiles on 055s which can now shoot at Indian Navy ships from the South China Sea.

India does not have the capability to intercept them lmao even Russia has trouble intercepting 1980's Tochka-Us in Ukraine with 100 km range, and it manufactures the S-400. India doesn't manufacture the S-400 and is going up against much more capable and numerous missiles than 1980's SRBMs.

I'm not arguing with you, btw. I'm just letting the neutral audience know and understand the facts.

India will control nothing in the straits of Malacca. The naval and air bases in Andaman and Nicobar islands can be destroyed by a barrage of ballistic and cruise missile by the Chinese forces.

India will control nothing in the straits of Malacca. The naval and air bases in Andaman and Nicobar islands can be destroyed by a barrage of ballistic and cruise missile by the Chinese forces.
Yep this is even assuming they can use those islands and PLAN doesn't fight them at all. That's quite a bit of restraint I don't think the PLAN will have.

Back
Top Bottom