What's new

Opinion: Turkey not a regional power.

tyrant

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
I have a question for Turkish brothers:
Why is Turkey chickening out in the Syrian issue? FSA has relied on them. Why is Turkey waiting for NATO to act? You know that Syrian army, although not week, can not handle your forces.
If you want to be a regional power, you should act like a regional power. Look at Iran. Did they wait for Russia to react? They would do the same thing, even if Russia and China were against them.
Why is not Turkey acting independently on this issue?
Maybe Turkish economy is very sensitive to war or people are not interested in the regional strategy.
It looks to me that Turkish economy growth was just a transient one, regarding the recent downfall of her economy to 3%.

May be because Turkey don't want to be involved in the Syrian mess? You'll never know what you get, and the situation is just too complex to intervene.

We do not have any borders with Syria. We are doing our best.

But you have an strong airforce...Please donot think that i am trying to drag you....But i can see that SA is more intrested to fight with Syria rather than Turkey.....So if you have a stake...then come to front and show your leadership quality to achive your objective..

To Surenas:
That is my point. As a regional power, you should be confident of your forces and step in.
Is Iran worried about the aftermath of its involvement? No.
I am not blaming your country. You are pretty good for your own benefits (Shia benefit).

To Surenas:
That is my point. As a regional power, you should be confident of your forces and step in.
Is Iran worried about the aftermath of its involvement? No.
I am not blaming your country. You are pretty good for your own benefits (Shia benefit).

Iran's benefits are indeed clear. What are Turkish benefits?

Code:
But you have an strong airforce...Please donot think that i am trying to drag you....But i can see that SA is more intrested to fight with Syria rather than Turkey.....So if you have a stake...then come to front and show your leadership quality to achive your objective..

Yes, But ground forces are the main part.

So? It isn't necessary to have a border with a country to intervene. In stead of begging to the Turks, where is the Arab league?
I am not begging, just asking.
The only real powers of the Arab world are KSA and Egypt. Egypt is totally tied down now.

Right. And what are the risks?
The same risks Iran is taking:
1. Losing some respect (for Iran a huge part of Sunni street Arabs, for Turkey losing some of its own Alawites)
2. An independent Alawite state.
3. A very small chance of war with Iran ( Not likely)
4. Russia's anger
5. Most importantly: ANTO and US back stab (very likely)
All above existed for Russia, when they invaded Ossetia in Georgia but they acted for their own benefits and got the fruits.

A strong army and regional power will act. That is what determines the regional powers.
Puppets wait for superpowers approval!

The same risks Iran is taking:
1. Losing some respect (for Iran a huge part of Sunni street Arabs, for Turkey losing some of its own Alawites)
2. An independent Alawite state.
3. A very small chance of war with Iran ( Not likely)
4. Russia's anger
5. Most importantly: ANTO and US back stab (very likely)
All above existed for Russia, when they invaded Ossetia in Georgia but they acted for their own benefits and got the fruits.

A strong army and regional power will act. That is what determines the regional powers.
Puppets wait for superpowers approval!

You forget to mention a possible Kurdish uprising in it's own country and Syria. It could backfire.

War will cost aprrx 1$ Billion each and every single day!!

But wait?

Wtf dont you do something arab? Arent they arabs?? You got oil and enough $ go ahead.

You forget to mention a possible Kurdish uprising in it's own country and Syria. It could backfire.

Contrarily, Not acting means a Kurdish safe heaven in Syria for a very very long time.
Action leads to the controll of 70% of the whole kurdish lands (including the friendly Iraqi Kurdistan)

Back
Top Bottom