What's new

Operation Tirah Valley | News & Updates

tirah valley is the hornets nest....a very dangerous place.....remember we lost a cobra helo here and the rescue of the cobra pilot was also botched up...this is not Swat folks...

Sometimes I feel guilty sitting at home writing **** while our brave Pakistani soldiers fight for our safety every day and night. There should be a place where soldiers are rewarded for their bravery and treated with extreme respect. Instead there have even been cases here in Karachi where crippled soldiers wounded in battle are forced to beg for survival.

The story of Major Shafaat is also very painful. The man died of a heart attack but the heart attack occured because of his family member who was killed by the militants and his health detoriorated soon after. All of us should do something for our soldiers.

I wish the army luck in the Tirah operation but it is my genuine hope that this isn't just any minor operation. This operation has to deal with Mullah Toofan and Mangal Bagh who are the leaders of the two main terrorist outfits in Tirah Valley. Their commanders need to be captured.

PESHAWAR: Four militants were killed on Saturday when fighter jets destroyed three militant bases in Khyber tribal region’s Tirah valley, security officials told Dawn.com.

Three militants were also injured in the attack in the northwestern tribal region.

Separately, a police van was targeted in a remote-control bomb attack in Upper Dir’s Sahibabad area, leaving three policemen injured.

The injured police personnel were shifted to the district headquarters hospital in Wari.

Four killed in Tirah airstrike - DAWN.COM

Heard that in a offensive a couple of days back, we lost 5 more men and injuries amounted to around 20...SSG also included in them. Things are getting much tougher than expected.
@Xeric, @Icarus, @Last Hope, @F.O.X, can you folks confirm?

RIP to the brave souls.

969089_458662644215453_354316052_n.jpg

Capt Ahmed Raza was one of those who embraced Shahadat in this incident.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who got medals and nishan e haider for First war of kashmir? certainly not tribals..........
In this tirah operation pro-government lashkars also operated along side with army against taliban and LI and many got killed...is any one even mentioning them?...
tribals were always used as cannon fodder by pakistan.....

they are as morons as TTP guys. They are in few thousands and considered as fools by rest of hundreds of thousands tribals. But still the larger group is tied to these morons' apron-strings. Unfortunately it's true. Financing from outside is a joke. Hope army get totally successful this time.

A huge offensive was under taken a couple of days back, alot of Army Aviation helos involved, including Cobras.

Casualties were also great, I've heard around 40 people were received injured by CMH Thal (@Taimikhan, can you kindly confirm?)...

Army, FC and Kurram Militia employing a squeeze tactic, attacking from two sides at once...

Why aren't they being shifted to CMH Peshawar?

What I am hearing is that there are 2 brigades from one side attacking and other troop attacking from other side. On one side PA and other forces are achieving success in pushing back the enemy but the trouble is on the other side, stiff resistance there and heavy casualties are coming from that side.

A huge offensive was under taken a couple of days back, alot of Army Aviation helos involved, including Cobras.

Casualties were also great, I've heard around 40 people were received injured by CMH Thal (@Taimikhan, can you kindly confirm?)...

Army, FC and Kurram Militia employing a squeeze tactic, attacking from two sides at once...

Why aren't they being shifted to CMH Peshawar?

What I am hearing is that there are 2 brigades from one side attacking and other troop attacking from other side. On one side PA and other forces are achieving success in pushing back the enemy but the trouble is on the other side, stiff resistance there and heavy casualties are coming from that side.

There seems to be a virtual blackout on news from this campaign, when in fact daily briefs should be made public to ensure that the nation is kept informed of what is happening.

There seems to be a virtual blackout on news from this campaign, when in fact daily briefs should be made public to ensure that the nation is kept informed of what is happening.

Well we all know the lethargic response of ISPR!

Secondly, our media almost never does this sort of stuff which shows Pak Army in a positive light, almost never, unless it's got something to do with India.

Thirdly, election fever is gripping us!

But I agree some press releases should be given out weekly to tell us all the progress of the op.

Most people don't even know that a huge op is going on in Tirah!

Well we all know the lethargic response of ISPR!

Secondly, our media almost never does this sort of stuff which shows Pak Army in a positive light, almost never, unless it's got something to do with India.

Thirdly, election fever is gripping us!

But I agree some press releases should be given out weekly to tell us all the progress of the op.

Most people don't even know that a huge op is going on in Tirah!

Th elections are over and our media will remain horrible. But ISPR should rise up to this occasion and provide regular briefs. Our nation deserves to know the sacrifices our armed forces are making in keeping us secure.

According to rumours and unofficial whispers, 100+ PA soldiers including SSG commandos have been killed, SSG took a heavy beating. Casualty rate shooted up initially because there was no air cover and units were sent in blind without credible intel or recce and SSG platoons were spearheading the regular units.

Due to this strategic mistakes of mission planner and heavy losses suffered without gaining any credible foothold in tirah vally , there is a complete blackout on Tirah operation by PA

Casualty rate shooted up initially because there was no air cover and units were sent in blind without credible intel or recce

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...rah-valley-news-updates-29.html#ixzz2VA5LSZ1W

If the above is true, then to launch such an operation without effective air cover is a mistake. What might be the causes for such an apparent oversight? At least now, with the unnecessarily expensive lesson learned, we hope that our troops out in the field are now being provided with the air cover need to make their mission a success.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom