What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

I don't know what would be the extent of our involvement but I think that we're absolutely clear on two things:

(i) An attack on KSA will be considered an attack on Pakistan and so if KSA's territorial integrity is threatened; Pakistan won't sit by idly

(ii) If, however, KSA's territorial integrity is not threatened we do not wish to partake in a conflict that has the propensity of becoming a Sunni vs Shia thing

Which is a sane and balanced opinion. The Houthi's are a terror cult though and do by no means represent the Zaydi community of Yemen which traditionally always had close and cordial ties with KSA. Look no further back than to the Yemeni civil war of the 1960's and in more recent times. Also the Zaydi's are very close to Sunnis, especially of the Hanafi and Shafi'i fiqh. There is even a sizable Zaydi community within KSA.

This has little to do with a Sunni-Shia conflict. It's more an internal Yemeni struggle that outsiders (a certain Mullah regime) try to hijack. It's bound in the North/South divide in Yemen, bad policy of all parties involved and most importantly Ali Abdullah Saleh and his gang. Read up on him and his son. It's basically a power struggle and the Houthi's are used as cannon fodder by Saleh. The opposition which has the vast majority of the support in Yemen has to unite and form a common ground. Opposition political parties, Southern separatists, Northern separatists, Southern Communists, Islamists, nationalists have to find a common ground. A bunch of rednecks and a cult (Houthi's) cannot rule an ancient country like Yemen regardless of Yemen being full of problems for a long time now. Just take a look at their leaders and spokesmen. They are high on qat 24/7 and making silly speeches and threats while they are bombed back to a pre-historic age.

Yemen deserves better and will get better.

Houthis shot down Sudanese jet:

CBIkIlmUwAALnxJ.jpg

CBIkInHUsAAavTU.jpg
Is this is latest pics ????

Which is a sane and balanced opinion. The Houthi's are a terror cult though and do by no means represent the Zaydi community of Yemen which traditionally always had close and cordial ties with KSA. Look no further back than to the Yemeni civil war of the 1960's and in more recent times. Also the Zaydi's are very close to Sunnis, especially of the Hanafi and Shafi'i fiqh. There is even a sizable Zaydi community within KSA.

This has little to do with a Sunni-Shia conflict. It's more an internal Yemeni struggle that outsiders (a certain Mullah regime) try to hijack. It's bound in the North/South divide in Yemen, bad policy of all parties involved and most importantly Ali Abdullah Saleh and his gang. Read up on him and his son. It's basically a power struggle and the Houthi's are used as cannon fodder by Saleh. The opposition which has the vast majority of the support in Yemen has to unite and form a common ground. Opposition political parties, Southern separatists, Northern separatists, Southern Communists, Islamists, nationalists have to find a common ground. A bunch of rednecks and a cult (Houthi's) cannot rule an ancient country like Yemen regardless of Yemen being full of problems for a long time now. Just take a look at their leaders and spokesmen. They are high on qat 24/7 and making silly speeches and threats while they are bombed back to a pre-historic age.

Yemen deserves better and will get better.

When I talked about a Sunni-Shia conflict I wasn't referring to anything on theological grounds but simply this never ending Arab vs Persian conflict that has sectarian undertones with both factions thinking that they're representing Sunni and Shia interests respectively.

At the end of the day the Iranians are still held hostage to history; they just can't seem to get over the fact that Arabs from the deserts of Arabia who lived in mud houses and rode camels came and laid to ruin their Persian Civilization that had existed for a thousand years or more.

With the '79 Revolution and the schizophrenic Ayatollahs in charge things have worsened considerably so.

On the other hand the Arab response to this hasn't exactly been healthy either; our countries - Iraq, Pakistan, Lebanon etc. - are testament to the ravages wrought on our people because of this venomous rivalry.

I don't want Pakistan to jump into anything that harms our interests and lets bearded buffoons sitting in Pakistan to start another Sunni-Shia conflict of the '80s and the '90s right here on our soil.

Briefly I don't want our soil to be soaked by the blood of our people to settle scores in this rivalry.

Now that said; KSA is our friend and our ally. Therefore I think that there is a unanimity in Pakistan that KSA's territorial integrity being compromised is the 'red-line' for us and that we won't tolerate such a development.

KUB/SA-6 doubt they're operational and if they were the Houthis wouldn't know where to begin with them unless they still had defected personnel operating with them.

For a start they learnt how to pose next to them and perhaps drive them. The missiles form nice show pieces.
Unless the Iranians send in technical advisers to try and make them work; those missiles are just pieces of metal waiting to receive a GBU-12 from a Saudi Jet.

I don't know what would be the extent of our involvement but I think that we're absolutely clear on two things:

(i) An attack on KSA will be considered an attack on Pakistan and so if KSA's territorial integrity is threatened; Pakistan won't sit by idly

(ii) If, however, KSA's territorial integrity is not threatened we do not wish to partake in a conflict that has the propensity of becoming a Sunni vs Shia thing

If this forum section and ground intuition is not proof enough as to where the conflict is in terms of ideology Bhatta, I think i'll give up on you and start training the neighbourhood squirrel on geopolitics. Most know its an Arab Persian conflict, and all that has changed is the battle cry; where it was worshipping fire vs worshipping idols.. today its whom do did you support for the caliphate 1400 years ago.

Yemen Houthi rebels advance despite Saudi-led air strikes| Reuters
(Reuters) - Yemen's Houthi rebels made broad gains in the country's south and east on Friday despite a second day of Saudi-led air strikes meant to check the Iranian-backed militia's efforts to overthrow President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.

Shi'ite Muslim Houthi fighters and allied army units gained their first foothold on Yemen's Arabian Sea coast by seizing the port of Shaqra 100km (60 miles) east of Aden, residents told Reuters.
042-karte-position-von-Mocha-Mokka-Mocca-Mokha-Yemen.jpg

Video of saudis fleeing from the south towards mecca and jeddah, after Houthis threatened to enter and take the fight to the kingdom

It's now the end of the Spring Break in Saudi Arabia and people are returning from their vacations in the South.. You people put yourselves in such awkward situations..:man_in_love:

For a start they learnt how to pose next to them and perhaps drive them. The missiles form nice show pieces.
Unless the Iranians send in technical advisers to try and make them work; those missiles are just pieces of metal waiting to receive a GBU-12 from a Saudi Jet.

They could only be used for joy riding without the accompanying 1S91/Straight Flush G/H band radar (or any other Soviet AD radar). If they did operate them then F-15s or 16s flying SEAD will ensure an AGM-88 finds the radar and a GBU finds the missiles. :)

Back
Top Bottom