What's new

Open Debate l Ex-UAE Mirage 2000-9s for PAF, aye or nay ?

PAF Should acquire the Ex-UAE Mirage-2000-9s as a stop gap?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes America might sell its old F-16s to us to fund its new F-35s.
Nah. Why would they need 15million dollar a bird for? and at max 50 birds will bring 750 million dollars thats peanuts for them. They spend billions of dollars on experimental projects bro. The total program cost is estimated to be over 1 TRILLION DOLLARS :cheesy:

Sir , Pakistan Should NOT Buy these aircraft.
1)They are already operated by India
2)They are old and Rusty.
3)They will need maintenance.
4)Our Enemy already has a lot of Practice with those Birds.
5)French will satisfy Indians before they satisfy us regarding Upgrades/Weaponry.
6)It will be better if the Deal of J-10 aircraft is executed.
J-10 Block 2 All the Way!

That only one reason qualifies u to buy this aircraft:coffee:

Nah. Why would they need 15million dollar a bird for? and at max 50 birds will bring 750 million dollars thats peanuts for them. They spend billions of dollars on experimental projects bro. The total program cost is estimated to be over 1 TRILLION DOLLARS :cheesy:

They will just to keep Pakistan in their corner :P And dont think just 50 birds, they got alot more than 50 and we need alot more than 50.

I think they got 1000 F-16s. How many are F-16A/Bs and F-16C/Ds?

Last edited:
They will just to keep Pakistan in their corner :P And dont think just 50 birds, they got alot more than 50 and we need alot more than 50.

I am saying u should..................

They will just to keep Pakistan in their corner And dont think just 50 birds, they got alot more than 50 and we need alot more than 50.
We will not and cannot acquire more then 100. Neither will US let us nor can we afford their running costs. And the Replacement cost at there disposal. Our requirement is at max 100 thats all.

Last edited:
Suprised we have not got any more F16 for long time since the small supply of 18 planes

Yet we happily turned down offer of 36 J10B first class fighters from China

Hi,

Because the J10B are inferior to the F16 BLK52's and Mlu's-------paf can buy the F16's whenever it wants to---there is no restriction on it.

We just got a sqdrn of F16 last month----the jordnian ones----.

Paf has decided that the core of its power base is going to be the F16---as the pointman, it is going to be the F16----well---then that does not leave any room for the J10B----it does not fit into any kind of picture that the paf wants to portray---.

With JF17 on one side---it only leves room for a heavy fighter aircraft or the M2K9.

2000-9 is a good option for us it will boost our strike capability, And will fill up, up-coming shortage. We are lacking strike role jet, At minimum 2000-9 will serve 10-15 years in PAF. It will be a BONUS for PAF if acquired in 2014-2015 with less than Jordan F-16 price.

If more F-16 WELL MAINTAIN are available ( Norway, Netherlands, Jordan ) at the same price tag which were bought from Jordan, We should opt it and should increase F-16 Stock up to 150+ which may replace some old F7, and Mirages.

We are using 70s technology i.e F7, Mirages. they should have to be replaced incidents are occurring frequently as recent Mirage at Masroor.

During 2014-2020 ( Three Platform )

My opinion is to acquire Mirages 2000-9 ========= > 68
F-16 Stock ( Including Other 18 C/D ) ========= > 150
JF17 Block I & II ======================== > 150 at max

Retire them F-7, Mirages III, V accordingly

After 2020 we can look to jxxx series

Hi,

Because the J10B are inferior to the F16 BLK52's and Mlu's-------paf can buy the F16's whenever it wants to---there is no restriction on it.

We just got a sqdrn of F16 last month----the jordnian ones----.

Paf has decided that the core of its power base is going to be the F16---as the pointman, it is going to be the F16----well---then that does not leave any room for the J10B----it does not fit into any kind of picture that the paf wants to portray---.

With JF17 on one side---it only leves room for a heavy fighter aircraft or the M2K9.

Good Point mate.

Aside from the topic, I remember we heard PAF has 64-65 ROSE I/III/III turns out PAF have a total of 80-85 ROSE I/II/III but I am not sure how many Grifo M3 delivered which is as good as APG-68 but one of the sources say 35 only but I am sure PAF must have bought atleast 50. I do not have information about ROSE I/II/III loses though.

Aside from the topic, I remember we heard PAF has 64-65 ROSE I/III/III turns out PAF have a total of 80-85 ROSE I/II/III but I am not sure how many Grifo M3 delivered which is as good as APG-68 but one of the sources say 35 only but I am sure PAF must have bought atleast 50. I do not have information about ROSE I/II/III loses though.

The radars were different for different versions, because some ROSE mirages are dedicated ground/sea attack fighters, while others are interceptors carrying the IR missiles. But i would love to know more about the radar. I believe the Grifo M3 was also used on the F-7PGs?

The radars were different for different versions, because some ROSE mirages are dedicated ground/sea attack fighters, while others are interceptors carrying the IR missiles. But i would love to know more about the radar. I believe the Grifo M3 was also used on the F-7PGs?

I know about different variants with Radars, I am asking reliable source said 35 Grifo M3 and another reliable source said more than 35...we manufactured Grifo series under license for PGs could it be possible Pakistan had got some rights for Grifo M3?.

No PG has I think Grifo MG?

The point we have ROSE I/II/III atleast 80 not 64/65. The point is Grifo M3 is a very good radar. The last point is coupled with ROSE, -9 Mirages would be a good package.

I know about different variants with Radars, I am asking reliable source said 35 Grifo M3 and another reliable source said more than 35...we manufactured Grifo series under license for PGs could it be possible Pakistan had got some rights for Grifo M3?.

No PG has I think Grifo MG?

The point we have ROSE I/II/III atleast 80 not 64/65. The point is Grifo M3 is a very good radar. The last point is coupled with ROSE, -9 Mirages would be a good package.

It is a good radar and brought the otherwise obsolete Mirage III/V to 4 gen standard, but it's the overall package that counts. Mirage 2000 is way superior for strike aircraft with improved engine and extended French weaponry right from day one. ROSE can linger on in strike roles, supplemented by the Mirage 2000 if PAF gets them.

I think the most reliable source would be to search for the AFM articles, Alan Warnes did a pretty good job on the ROSE program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom