What's new

Olympics 2008 Results & Discussions

Congrats India for showing up on the medal table...…

Onto something else ….Seriously, I really have no idea how London can beat what China did, What ever London does, it need to be an entirely different approach to the Chinese opening. I wonder what they have in mind?....Cockney comedians, Premier footballers trying to do a dribbling demonstration, getting the remaining Beatles back together ,the Spice girls ( oh no please..) or the Red Arrows??

UK cannot top the Chinese on sheer numbers of anything - people, money, scale, space etc., so it has to be resourcefulness in style, presentation, and vision.

The organisers here are saying that theirs will be more spectacular (=expensive?)….IMO, what ever they put on will seem second rate after the Chinese ceremony. Or perhaps I am drawing a very early conclusion here...Lets wait till 2012….:wave:

The whole of China has put their last drop of sweat into the Olympics. Naturally, it'll be a hard task to outshine them.

However, I don't see why London has to outdo the Chinese spectacle. They are already a well respected sporting country/city and they don't have to prove anything to the world.

London should hold a modest ceremony that has more meaning than just pomp, and perhaps strive to be green and global rather than ultra-nationalist.

Saina too got in to Badminton Singles Quarter finals ....Good luck for ahead

I still remember Sridhar, last year he posed a big headache to some of the top players until he met world's No. 1 Lindan.

I'm a level 6 amateur player and I know he's pretty good.

Death_raid,

Olympics is more a celebration than a competition. So, please don't discuss who can beat who. To represent his nation is a proud moment for any athlete. Only that on a given day some of them are more hungry for the glory of their motherland.

Yes, it's a fact that Abhinav is a world champion.

There are at least 2 other current world champions in the Indian shooting team, so the result was not unexpected although greatly welcome.

let me tell you what hapened to Zhu, death_raid,

Men's 10m air rifle is one of the cutthroat games with pile of sharpshooters in competition. Zhu is absolutely among them and Bindra, at the range this morning, was strongly adding himself into the top list,in which everyone has chance to defeat another.

Zhu then was stupefied by Bindra's perfect performance, he wanted very much to keep his title and worried of losing it, as he said with tears of remorse.

disturbed mind-set is the biggest enemy to top athletes especially shooters, this is why Zhuqinan lost the game. he was defeated by Bindra, not incompetently but mentally.

So once in a given day, not only Zhu, but also the bronze Henri Hakkinen can defeat Bindra. and of course Bindra does the same.

at a shooting range, were there not fatal faults, nothing would happen like basketball games between US and China. yesterday we lost by 70:101, though Chinese basketball team ranked 2 times within world's top 8 and has been dominating in Asia.

Last edited:
Yes, Olympics is as much about the mental aspects as about skills.

No doubt Zhu was a worthy competitor, as good as you get.

I dont think webby was trying to disgrace Bindra anyway. my advice to you is, stick to the sports truth and be proud of Bindra. I like the guy.

Congrats India for showing up on the medal table...…

Onto something else ….Seriously, I really have no idea how London can beat what China did, What ever London does, it need to be an entirely different approach to the Chinese opening. I wonder what they have in mind?....Cockney comedians, Premier footballers trying to do a dribbling demonstration, getting the remaining Beatles back together ,the Spice girls ( oh no please..) or the Red Arrows??

UK cannot top the Chinese on sheer numbers of anything - people, money, scale, space etc., so it has to be resourcefulness in style, presentation, and vision.

The organisers here are saying that theirs will be more spectacular (=expensive?)….IMO, what ever they put on will seem second rate after the Chinese ceremony. Or perhaps I am drawing a very early conclusion here...Lets wait till 2012….:wave:

Sir,

Honestly I think that China's performance will remain unparalelled for a long time to come, its the best we've seen sofar and I'm clueless as anyone else how one can impress the world more than the Chinese have with their opening ceremony.

Well done China! :china:

Canada made a goal in last seconds. Lets see if Pakistan can come back in the 2nd half.

0-1

Two goals in 39th minute, final in 57th minute...great come back indeed.
Lets see how we do against next oponent Austrilia. She trashed RSA with 10-0!! :undecided:

Sir,

Honestly I think that China's performance will remain unparalelled for a long time to come, its the best we've seen sofar and I'm clueless as anyone else how one can impress the world more than the Chinese have with their opening ceremony.

Well done China! :china:

Yeah your opening ceremony was a feast to watch we were glued to the tube as to say watching something that was just about be near as we can say the seventh wonder of the world, the fire works were breath taking especially the one that I liked was the one that blew into a circles and were kinda trying to show the Olympic circles.

China has made itself a bench mark for others to compete for.

London is definitely not going to rival Beijing in sheer professionalism, spectacle, and hospitality. The Chinese olympics have been probably the best to date. Plus they've been good hosts, polite and so on. London will have idiots like this greeting viewers, atheletes, and fans..i better not go on!

Back
Top Bottom