What's new

Olympics 2008 Results & Discussions

Wow...are they all in the same weight category? If they are, our chances of a gold just tripled!

Wasnt there the dude here RoadRunner who said Pakistani's were a martial race on the basis of boxing results?!!

So now, would he qualify Indians to be a martial race as well? lol. Well not Indians, cuz that just composes of tooooooo many ethnicities, but North Indians in genera?
hehe

Wasnt there the dude here RoadRunner who said Pakistani's were a martial race on the basis of boxing results?!!

So now, would he qualify Indians to be a martial race as well? lol. Well not Indians, cuz that just composes of tooooooo many ethnicities, but North Indians in genera?
hehe

Nah....they are not "real" Indians. They are really Pakistanis who made the mistake of "migrating" over to India. :lol:

Leave it guys, hope one of the boxer's win gold I believe two of them are brothers.

btw Akhil beating 2007 world champion was quite unexpected.

Leave it guys, hope one of the boxer's win gold I believe two of them are brothers.

btw Akhil beating 2007 world champion was quite unexpected.

Mate, you really had to read the guys posts to believe it! That one could actually think such things!

He even surfed gay365.com or something like that just to prove that there are gays in India! You really have no idea about him!

Malay, Lets just discuss the Olympics results here. There are 6 billion people on this earth & eachone can have different opinion. Its not necessary what one says here is true & also its not necessary to give importance. Its a very moderate forum but that doesn't mean that some people are not going to be influenced by the bitter past. To some, India is still an enemy. Forget about it and lets celebrate the success of our athletes who for the first time are giving some hope to the people.

b4d2ce631e03d9a945dc5630184b747c.jpg
b6aa86b0ab2905f0663adf7868728a8b.jpg

Jitendar and Vijendar Kumars

Mate, you really had to read the guys posts to believe it! That one could actually think such things!

He even surfed gay365.com or something like that just to prove that there are gays in India! You really have no idea about him!

I was quite happy to see three boxers in QF and just a win away from medals and thought their victories in a day or two will be reply in itself then rebuttals will be with substance.

Phelps wins historic eighth gold medal to become the grandest of Olympic champions !!! :cheers:

As of now almost half of the US Gold medals has Phelp written on them...!!!

b4d2ce631e03d9a945dc5630184b747c.jpg
b6aa86b0ab2905f0663adf7868728a8b.jpg

Jitendar and Vijendar Kumars

OUUUCH. This picture will hurt RR and gang. I remember he had a long and heated discussion with me on how Pakistanis are superior martial race as they are better than Indians in boxing. He produced a formula based on boxing results between your countries to get to the 1:9 theory. When I pointed out the absurdity of his theory he accused me of being an INDIAN. I also remember when I pointed out that cubans were the best but that did not make them the best of soldiers he raved and ranted on how their medical system was better than asia so they had better boxers.

Well done to the Indian boxers for puncturing his funny theory.

On a serious tone, its a shame that India can produce just a handfull of such people and are a total wash out in most sports except cricket. This also extends to Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Even the ex world champions like Pakistan cannot guarantee their place in the Hockey quarterfinals. I hope these countries learn from China.

What a great performance by the Chinese. Kudos to the Ladies from my country who have over shadowed the men and brought us in the top 5 of the gold table.

The best race was the Rowing 4 womans final in which Chinese beat us in the last minute.

KV Lin well done.

Regards

AN,

I don't suppose any of these boxers even bothered to read the Martial race theory posted here. Heck, they might not even know what Martial race actually means. Inside the ring its just man against another man.

On a serious tone, its a shame that India can produce just a handfull of such people and are a total wash out in most sports except cricket. This also extends to Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Even the ex world champions like Pakistan cannot guarantee their place in the Hockey quarterfinals. I hope these countries learn from China.

Sports has always suffered in subcontinent where earning bread means more important than boxing. I've read the horror stories of ex-olympians gold medalists (in hockey ofcourse) who were forced to sell vegetables as street vendors inorder to make living. There was absolutely no felicitation for even performing atheletes in the past. We Indians only had our eyes opened after we went without any medal for three continuous olympics in 84, 88 & 92. That is when we realized that we are at the lowest of the totem pole. Such was the desperation that lone bronze medalist in 96 was elated to the position of a national hero. Today, we might not be a sporting super-power but we atleast know that we won't return empty handed. The nation is hungry for more. Hopefully things will only move forward. Maybe, in 2012 or 2016 we might end up as a decent sporting nation which can win few handful of medals.

So who is out from the Indian side? Pakistan hockey lost to Holland recently but beat South Africa (which is not so good).

Back
Top Bottom