What's new

Olympics 2008 Results & Discussions

Vinod, could you share it with us? It has to be the kodak moment in Indian olympic history:lol::lol:

Sure. Would be my pleasure.

Only I am not able to find a way to upload the image. There used to be a way to manage attachments earlier, is that gone now?

Just the text for now.

COUNTRY MEDALISTS GOLD SILVER BRONZE TOTAL
India see names 1 0 0 1
Germany see names 0 0 1 1

It did change in a few hours.

Germany now has 2 medals and is above India. Only none of them is Gold.

^^ Guys this was just for a little harmless fun!

Nothing serious was intended. It's not often that we see such an image.

Congrats. The dude shot almost a perfect one to claim the victory.. while the guy (finland?) who was with him fell for the third position. And the Chinese went on to grab the silver from the bronze.

China's Zhuqinan was the champion at 2004 Athens games with total score 702.7. but this time he made only 699.7.
Today he was trying to defend his title but somehow appeared completely at sea,and had to struggle hard to catch the two ahead of him. he finally lost it to india's Bindra who perfectly scored 700.5.

Made my day.

Just the first. Not the last in this Olympics I am sure.

Kylin, Congrates to China on doing so well in this Olympics. What is your plan? To top the medals table? ;)

The Chinese team do have this kind of ambition but its only possible to surpass their US counterpart. I wish them good luck anyway.

heard of Russian supreme goal? it is to outdo China.

btw, can I say that an Olympic championship will arose national fervour on sports? :enjoy:

good job Bindra!

and put on steam Pakistan!

Zhuq can probably beat India on a given day. Bindra just turned out to be more consistent towards the end. If the last shot was kind of bad.. then Bindra could have easily gone down. As the match was so close!

In hockey, I will be rooting for Pakistan.

India is not playing after all. The subcontinent are the most skilled in hockey though they have never been able to adapt to the Astro-turf.

yes webby, but I do admire Bindra for his steady mental state. that's a necessary talent for close games of shooting.

^^

don't take it to heart, don't be so emotional he has not said anything like this. He is just stating that he can beat India on his day, obviously he can. No need to make an issue out of it.

Congrats India for showing up on the medal table...…

Onto something else ….Seriously, I really have no idea how London can beat what China did, What ever London does, it need to be an entirely different approach to the Chinese opening. I wonder what they have in mind?....Cockney comedians, Premier footballers trying to do a dribbling demonstration, getting the remaining Beatles back together ,the Spice girls ( oh no please..) or the Red Arrows??

UK cannot top the Chinese on sheer numbers of anything - people, money, scale, space etc., so it has to be resourcefulness in style, presentation, and vision.

The organisers here are saying that theirs will be more spectacular (=expensive?)….IMO, what ever they put on will seem second rate after the Chinese ceremony. Or perhaps I am drawing a very early conclusion here...Lets wait till 2012….:wave:

No doubt that the Chinese have had an extremely impressive Olympics so far and the opening ceremony was great but let's not underestimate the British.

They are a talented and resourceful bunch. I am sure they will do very well.

Back
Top Bottom