What's new

Officially becoming a secular liberal person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Islamic law is swift and will deliver justice to minorities.

That's what everyone believes that their religion can do justice. Hence contradictions.

The problem why many of us dont agree with this is because Islam is a deen meaning it is in every part of our daily life...from us sneezing to what we eat how we dress and what punishment is just enough for a criminal offender....
Yes. Now think of it this way.
If you wish to live by your religious edict - you are free to do so- by all means. By all means do dress in a burqa and dont eat pork.

The State should neither force you to follow it nor force you to not follow it. You also cannot coopt the State into pushing your beliefs on other people, similarly the State should not push someone else's beliefs on to you.

As far as the State is concerned, you should be an individual, not a part of a group. The State shall give you rights that befit an Individual to live his life with dignity. That means it should treat all its citizens the same. The only exception is positive discriminatinon.

Yes. Now think of it this way.
If you wish to live by your religious edict - you are free to do so- by all means. By all means do dress in a burqa and dont eat pork.

The State should neither force you to follow it nor force you to not follow it. You also cannot coopt the State into pushing your beliefs on other people, similarly the State should not push someone else's beliefs on to you.

As far as the State is concerned, you should be an individual, not a part of a group. The State shall give you rights that befit an Individual to live his life with dignity. That means it should treat all its citizens the same. The only exception is positive discriminatinon.
You see this is the problem...Indians (at least those on PDF and those I have met in real life) think that Islamic law means they have to clad in a Burqa and have no rights...I am not sure which Mullah thought you such laws....

Islamic country doesnt do that...We dont take today's examples coz not 1 country can survive the test of Shariah....Sultanates are automatically eliminated coz there is no kingdom in Islam....because 1 person cant horde wealth of the nation

During those times when Islamic law was practiced you had churches for Christians and Synagogues for Jews...If that is a lie then how is it that there still remains ancient churches in Spain (areas which were ruled by the Muslim) and these were not demolished...In fact the Jews probably lived the happiest during those times because they were not slaves (as what Egyptians did to them), they were not abused and beaten / prosecuted (as what the Christians did to them) and Christians were happy because they could study (priests during that time would not tolerate anything even if it is scientific) against the church

There was harmony so how is that destructive or bad or contradictory?

You see this is the problem...Indians (at least those on PDF and those I have met in real life) think that Islamic law means they have to clad in a Burqa and have no rights...I am not sure which Mullah thought you such laws....

Islamic country doesnt do that...We dont take today's examples coz not 1 country can survive the test of Shariah....Sultanates are automatically eliminated coz there is no kingdom in Islam....because 1 person cant horde wealth of the nation

During those times when Islamic law was practiced you had churches for Christians and Synagogues for Jews...If that is a lie then how is it that there still remains ancient churches in Spain (areas which were ruled by the Muslim) and these were not demolished...In fact the Jews probably lived the happiest during those times because they were not slaves (as what Egyptians did to them), they were not abused and beaten / prosecuted (as what the Christians did to them) and Christians were happy because they could study (priests during that time would not tolerate anything even if it is scientific) against the church

There was harmony so how is that destructive or bad or contradictory?
Lady, I can point out some scholars to you who say one thing in Shariah, and 5 more who say the exact opposite.

Now similarly, I can also point out that we have a concept of 'Ram Rajya' in Hinduism.

But the entire point is that if Secular laws also enable you as a Muslim to live your life with dignity - with the freedom to follow whatever code you want and others, why should there be religious laws.

Lady, I can point out some scholars to you who say one thing in Shariah, and 5 more who say the exact opposite.

Now similarly, I can also point out that we have a concept of 'Ram Rajya' in Hinduism.

But the entire point is that if Secular laws also enable you as a Muslim to live your life with dignity - with the freedom to follow whatever code you want and others, why should there be religious laws.
Now my turn:

If I were to present Shariah law of living like how you are projecting freedom of wearing attire, practice religion and all that...without of course labeling it Shariah law...will you be able to differentiate it with your new found secularity? Not much!

i have always supported a conservative islamic pakistan, but recent events and experiences in my life have changed my mind quite a bit. from here on i am official a liberal Pakistani and will always advocate for a secular democratic Pakistan.
i would like to apologize to some of the secular members on here for anything i might have said to them to make them mad or angry.

Welcome to the club.

You see that is your flaws....Islamic laws is not what some Mullah said or another...It is a collection of laws that have a base which cant be changed and other elements which can be adjusted based on situations....We have already discussed this on 2 threads before these...and yet you want me to type everything all again?

Even Western lawyers who have read shariah have only said positive comments...yet you seem to have every single problem with the name Shariah!

Welcome to the club.
whose club? whose the president? :unsure:

That's what everyone believes that their religion can do justice. Hence contradictions.
Don't believe in what people say. you should study Islamic law.

But lets not fool ourselves. Minorities are second class citizens in an Islamic state but they have always been more prosperous in an Islamic state.

Indian version of secularism demand that you should abuse Islam

Just like that, or there is any reason? why its not the same case with Sikhs, Buddhists, Jews, Parsis, Christians?

i have always supported a conservative islamic pakistan, but recent events and experiences in my life have changed my mind quite a bit. from here on i am official a liberal Pakistani and will always advocate for a secular democratic Pakistan.
i would like to apologize to some of the secular members on here for anything i might have said to them to make them mad or angry.
Nigga, you gonna repent this decision soon!:angry:
@DESERT FIGHTER They took the best among us and made him fall to their level. :( You are our last hope now.:ph34r:

No idea, as liberals we should elect right?

I am however president of the bash Pakistan/Pakistanis club. That's a dictatorship.
I am however president of be against Pakistan = qeema yum!! :P Now that is a autocracy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom